KODI scanning folders/sources NOT defined
Question 
Hello world. First post of a fairly new KODI uses here, bear with me as it's a bit of a long one.

I did my due diligence, read the info, did an initial test setup, cleared everything once I familiarized with most quircks and now have things up and running fine with one oddity.

So, overall I have KODI running perfectly fine on 3 identical android boxes. Nothing special, Pendoo boxes on android 9 that I cleared of all redundant apps, and did clean install of KODI (19.6) on plus KODI boot to autostart in KODI. Nothing else is on there.
Skin is Aeon Nox Silvio.
There are NO additional add-ons added (no streaming add-ons, no added scraper add-ons no NOTHING short of the Aeon Nox Silvio skin). The ONLY media source is my FREENAS build with stored media

Have my NAS setup, as follows:
KODI Media shared folder, with sub folders for different types of media as follows.
Note all are rips from my own discs, hence the division for easier mainteneance.
The folders are simply:
DVD Movies
DVD Series
BluRay Movies
BluRay series
3D Movies
Subsets

Subsets is a folder containing sub folders for 'universes' I created as per Kodi wiki instructions (MCU, DCU, Star Wars you get the idea), with an extra folder for each 'universe' at the same folder depth as the main 'univers' that contains any 3d versions of that universe i may own (eg the Subset folder has a folder called MCU AND a folder called MCU3D - it does NOT go Subsets->MCU->MCU3D

All files are in folders as per common instructions (ie movies are in identical named folders, TV series are in folders per TVseries with SxxEyy naming)

Now here is where the boxes differ in setup. ONE of the boxes is connected to a 3D TV, so that box is setup to have 3D movies as a source in addition to all the others. The other two do NOT have those folders mapped as sources. This is both the 'general 3D folder and the 3D folders under the 'subsets' folder.
EACH folder is mapped as a source (eg one source is DVDMovies, another is directly pointed to the MCU folder, another to MCU3D and so on - KODI Media or Subsets are NOT added as sources 'direct').

I built the library on the 3D KODI box, cleaned it and manually added movies and shows it couldn't scrape (typos in file name). Note that there was ONE movie in the main 3D folder and ONE movie under one of the subset folders at that time.
Once done I exported the library (single file) and imported them on the OTHER two devices. Ran a Clean Library on those two (which caught the 3d movie folders not mapped as expected) and all is well.

So far so good!
Everthing shows, everything plays (some oddities with some ISO files/menus as is seemingly known, playes are bit slow to start a movie but play well - but I have some pretty cheap boxes only for now as I try the KODI 'experience'

Now I'm starting to add more of my 3D movies after confirming they run well for use on the '3D' KODI box.
While I doubt it makes a difference, I'll add in that I've created custom poster and fan art for these movies that prominently display a 3D logo for easy identification the files of which are in the movie folder per movie. I'm loading these manually from the info page - choose art option, browse, item folder.
Still going great, everything is picked up on a library scan etc etc.

Here comes the weird part. I added a new 'regular' movie to my NAS, and did a library update on each box...only to have the two 'non' 3d boxes load in all the 3D movies again??
Sure enough, update library cleared those entries again, but a subsequent test scan once again loads the 3D movies.

Now, I can of course scan and clean every time I add a movie, but is there no way to stop it from scanning them in the first place??

Am I missing something obvious? I promise I've checked half a dozen times, and the 3D folders are NOT available as sources, and no higher folder that contains those 3d folders is available as a source either.

I was considering actually ADDING the 3D folders, and them setting them to be excluded. Would that likely work? Still seems like it should not be needed though.

Would love to hear any thoughts!
@CyKnight

Lets start off with a Debug Log which captures the incorrect scraping of the 3D movies when you add a new movie. It might reveal why it is happening. If nothing obvious is revealed there, then I'll need your database to see why it is happening.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ugh. I'm having issues getting the logs - even on restart of kodi, auto scan and right away using the add-on I get an error that the file is too large.
Looks like something in the android TV setup is giving me grief to get to the files from the menu as well (the folder appears empty even with show hidden files enabled)

HOWEVER I seem to have found the fix and likely underlying cause.
Looking at event logs, it kept coming up being unable to scan one file, to be exact one of the 3d movies that was in the MCU3d folder, but never scraped (due to the MCUxxx- addition in the file, those seem to prevent the system from scraping automatically, no mayor concern for me as i'm just doing those manually, there's not that many).

I manually 'scraped' that file (select, info, change search name) and added the library entry, THEN did a clean library - and now none of the 3d movies scrape back in!
I should add - that one file was already present when I last scraped BEFORE exporting the library, and would have been the only 'failed' scrape at that point as I figured I'd wait with that one because I wouldn't want that file available on the other devices anyway.
(2020-05-12, 01:04)CyKnight Wrote: but never scraped (due to the MCUxxx- addition in the file, those seem to prevent the system from scraping automatically, no mayor concern for me as i'm just doing those manually, there's not that many).
Yep, you need to enable "Movies Are In Separate Folders... " option as explained here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_univ...te_Library

Sounds like you solved the issue. Let us know if you have any other problems.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI scanning folders/sources NOT defined0