discart in Artist Information Folder?
Recently I've noticed some CDart.png discart.png files populating in my Artist Information Folder.  They are in folders named by album titles, underneath the corresponding artist's folder.  Not sure if this is a newer Kodi feature, or just an add-on going rogue that I'll need to look into.

Does Kodi recognize album-based art like that using the Artist Information Folder?  I was under the impression that CD art had to be stored with the actual media files.  Currently I have some artwork in both locations, but if Artist Information Folder can indeed be used for album-related data, I'd definitely prefer that system.
(2020-05-18, 15:12)Busta Uppa Wrote: just an add-on going rogue
I guess this would be the problem. cdArt.png files are not used by Kodi as they are named discart.png. You might still have the cdArt addon installed. As it has not been maintained for quite a long time, might be best if you remove it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-18, 21:17)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 15:12)Busta Uppa Wrote: just an add-on going rogue
I guess this would be the problem. cdArt.png files are not used by Kodi as they are named discart.png. You might still have the cdArt addon installed. As it has not been maintained for quite a long time, might be best if you remove it.  
d'oh… this is embarrassing, I actually meant discart.png!!  Haven't used CDart since my old Krypton installation.  I've edited the original post and thread title.

So, does discart have any role in the Artist Information folder?
(2020-05-18, 21:30)Busta Uppa Wrote: So, does discart have any role in the Artist Information folder?
No... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork

If you can capture it in a Debug Log it might reveal what is causing it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-18, 15:12)Busta Uppa Wrote: Does Kodi recognize album-based art like that using the Artist Information Folder?
No Kodi doesn't, it only looks in the AIF for artist art and nfo.

(2020-05-18, 15:12)Busta Uppa Wrote: Not sure if this is a newer Kodi feature, or just an add-on going rogue that I'll need to look into.
It could well be an addon, but I would not call it "rogue" behaviour, more just confusing. But addons can do with files whatever users agree to them doing.

OTOH it could be that you exported the files to that location by mistake. Not saying that is what happened, but just pointing out it is possible.

If you want to keep all your album related art away from your media files then that is fine too, it just isn't a configuration that Kodi core supports by default. Moving the artist art to the AIF caused enough disruption and confusion but there were good reasons and advantages to having that arrangement. For album art those reasons don't apply, only personal preference, hence it is not provided by default, Kodi won't automatically look for album art in the AIF. This means if you want album art there you either need and an addon that looks there, or to set the art manually for each item. I hope that makes things clearere (although my experience with art is that the more I say the more confused users get!)
Thank you gentlemen... after some testing I see it is Artwork Beef that was creating album subfolders in the Artist Information Folder.  I'll go take a look at the Artwork Beef thread!
(2020-05-20, 17:49)Busta Uppa Wrote: Thank you gentlemen... after some testing I see it is Artwork Beef that was creating album subfolders in the Artist Information Folder.  I'll go take a look at the Artwork Beef thread!
You want artwork beef setting advanced tab "save album and song art with song files if possible" set.

scott .
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2020-05-20, 22:21)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 17:49)Busta Uppa Wrote: Thank you gentlemen... after some testing I see it is Artwork Beef that was creating album subfolders in the Artist Information Folder.  I'll go take a look at the Artwork Beef thread!
You want artwork beef setting advanced tab "save album and song art with song files if possible" set.

scott .
Ahhh that's perfect - thanks!
@aseam10,

I don't know what you are up to but virtually all of your posts have been nothing but copies and pastes of past posts from others including one from a moderator.

If you are trying to up your post count that way, you will get banned
If you are a spammer, you will get banned
If you are just trolling, see above.

You have been warned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
discart in Artist Information Folder?0