Release Bandcamp (brand new plugin)
Music 
plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp

Bandcamp on Kodi Media Player. Currently possible to get featured tracks from discovery and browse own collection.
uses https://github.com/Virusmater/bandcamp_api as python bandcamp wrapper
Support bands!
screenshots
collection

discover
installation

Just install it from the official repository

todo
  • add caches collection and fan_id
  • add possibility to listen to all bands and albumst in the collection
  • configure cover arts quality
  • add setting for discovery playlist size
  • add personal mix (e.g top punk-hardcore + new black metal)

link:
https://github.com/Virusmater/plugin.aud...x.bandcamp
Now it fully works with Kodi 19 and Python 3. Happy testing!
Neat! Thanks!

Will test later.
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
Version 0.0.2 is on GitHub.
What's new?
  • support for single track albums
  • choice for a slice (top/new/recommended) for the discover
  • caching for genre/sub-genre
  • multi-language support
  • search
  • go to the full album from discover
Thanks for reviving this plugin.

I've been running it over the weekend and haven't had any major hiccups.
The only feature request I have is having the wishlist added back in.

Other than that, keep up the good work.
(2020-05-11, 01:54)thatguy7669 Wrote: Thanks for reviving this plugin.

+1 for wishlist.

Thanks for the work on the addon! Will test this week.
Version 0.0.2 is available in the official Kodi repository right now.
Version 0.0.3 with Wishlist support is on it's way to the official repo. But you also can install it from github right now.
Tried this addon as I have a bandcamp account, but it does not work for me. Selecting "Collection" or "Wishlist" just results in a Kodi error popup, with the following added to the log...

Code:
2020-05-19 21:45:13.612 T:4108   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'fan_data'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\default.py", line 167, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\default.py", line 107, in main
                                                build_band_list(bandcamp.get_collection(bandcamp.get_fan_id()))
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\resources\lib\bandcamp_api\bandcamp.py", line 100, in get_fan_id
                                                return self._get_data_blob()['fan_data']['fan_id']
                                            KeyError: u'fan_data'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-05-19 21:45:13.730 T:16548   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp/?mode=list_collection
2020-05-19 21:45:13.734 T:7132   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp/?mode=list_collection) failed

(Pathnames to Kodi install folder obfuscated). I didn't bother trying "Discover" since the others didn't work. I'm running Leia 18.6 on Windows 10 Pro, in case that's relevant. Am I missing something here?

Dan / Gib.
(2020-05-19, 13:59)Jackojmi Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 01:54)thatguy7669 Wrote: Thanks for reviving this plugin.

+1 for wishlist.

Thanks for the work on the addon! Will test this week.

Looks like wishlist is implemented, thanks.

Everything working for me so far in libreelec 9.2
(2020-05-19, 23:03)gibxxi Wrote: Tried this addon as I have a bandcamp account, but it does not work for me. Selecting "Collection" or "Wishlist" just results in a Kodi error popup, with the following added to the log...

Code:
2020-05-19 21:45:13.612 T:4108   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\default.py", line 167, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\default.py", line 107, in main
                                              File "<Kodi Folder>\portable_data\addons\plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp\resources\lib\bandcamp_api\bandcamp.py", line 100, in get_fan_id
2020-05-19 21:45:13.730 T:16548   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp/?mode=list_collection
2020-05-19 21:45:13.734 T:7132   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.kxmxpxtx.bandcamp/?mode=list_collection) failed

(Pathnames to Kodi install folder obfuscated). I didn't bother trying "Discover" since the others didn't work. I'm running Leia 18.6 on Windows 10 Pro, in case that's relevant. Am I missing something here?

Dan / Gib. 

What did you put in the username? You should put your username, not your mail
E.g if your profile url is:
https://bandcamp.com/gibxxi
you have to put gibxxi in the settings as your username
Just tried your collection, it works for me:
But I can see duplicated bands in the list, like Altus. This is happens because some of items uploaded by band itself and some are coming from different labels.
Don't know how to handle this is the right way since there is no direct link between https://freefloatingmusic.bandcamp.com/a...real-cycle and https://altusmusic.bandcamp.com/ and bandcamp treat those two as different artists.
There is possibility that two different bands can have the same name.
So I will add a new setting to merge bands based on name, not their ID.
* double post *
(2020-05-19, 23:45)DimaKompot Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 23:03)gibxxi Wrote: Tried this addon as I have a bandcamp account, but it does not work for me. Selecting "Collection" or "Wishlist" just results in a Kodi error popup, with the following added to the log...

Code:
                                                main()

Dan / Gib.    

What did you put in the username? You should put your username, not your mail
E.g if your profile url is:
https://bandcamp.com/gibxxi
you have to put gibxxi in the settings as your username   

Your right. My Displayed name is "GibsonXXI" yet my username is the same as here. Since my browser auto-logs in, I never see the login page, and forgot the two things are seperate / different on Bandcamp. Senior moment, lol. Sorry for any confusion.

Smile

EDIT: Might pay to add some error handling to your add-on to catch this though, in case someone else makes the same mistake I did and wonders why it's not working. Kodi's error dialogs can be a bit generic.

Dan / Gib.
(2020-05-19, 23:59)DimaKompot Wrote: Just tried your collection, it works for me:
But I can see duplicated bands in the list, like Altus. This is happens because some of items uploaded by band itself and some are coming from different labels.
Don't know how to handle this is the right way since there is no direct link between https://freefloatingmusic.bandcamp.com/a...real-cycle and https://altusmusic.bandcamp.com/ and bandcamp treat those two as different artists.
There is possibility that two different bands can have the same name.
So I will add a new setting to merge bands based on name, not their ID.

Some of my collection was purchased directly from Bandcamp's main site, some from affiliate artist websites that link to Bandcamp's shopping cart area. Altus is one such artist that runs his own website (that is partially integrated with Bandcamp's). This might also be the cause.

Dan / Gib.
(2020-05-20, 19:21)gibxxi Wrote: Some of my collection was purchased directly from Bandcamp's main site, some from affiliate artist websites that link to Bandcamp's shopping cart area. Altus is one such artist that runs his own website (that is partially integrated with Bandcamp's). This might also be the cause.
Bandcamp has no link between the artist on the label and the artist page:
On the screenshot clicking on Altus will lead to the label page, not Altus page.

Will think on it and on the error handling

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bandcamp (brand new plugin)0