Shows recently played shelf (Amber 3.2.23 and Kodi 18.6)
I try to configure a new box (Mi Box S) and I have a problem with a shelf. When I use "TV Shows recently played", I get the same result as if I used "TV shows in progress" .

With another box, it works perfectly (Amber 3.2.23 and Kodi 18.5).

2 days I try to resolve this problem ... plz, if anyone have en idea ...

Thx

PS : Sorry for my awful english
(2020-05-14, 17:44)Endicott Wrote: I try to configure a new box (Mi Box S) and I have a problem with a shelf. When I use "TV Shows recently played", I get the same result as if I used "TV shows in progress" .

Thx

@Endicott , the issue is with the playlist for the Recently Played TV Shows.  I will fix that in the next update for the skin, which will be in my GitHub and in the Amber repo in the next couple of days.  I have no plans to update the Kodi repo for a while, though.  So, if possible for you, please update the skin from the Amber repo: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip. Thanks.

The version on the Amber repo is 3.2.79.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-15, 18:57)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-14, 17:44)Endicott Wrote: I try to configure a new box (Mi Box S) and I have a problem with a shelf. When I use "TV Shows recently played", I get the same result as if I used "TV shows in progress" .

Thx

@Endicott , the issue is with the playlist for the Recently Played TV Shows.  I will fix that in the next update for the skin, which will be in my GitHub and in the Amber repo in the next couple of days.  I have no plans to update the Kodi repo for a while, though.  So, if possible for you, please update the skin from the Amber repo: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Hello @bsoriano,

Thank you for your answer, and of course, for "Amber". Before posting here, I installed the "Amber repo" a few days ago to have access to the most recent update (Amber 3.2.79). So I'm ready for the next update.

Thanks again.

Michel.
(2020-05-16, 14:48)Endicott Wrote:
(2020-05-15, 18:57)bsoriano Wrote:

Thx

Regards,

Bart   
Hello @bsoriano,

Thank you for your answer, and of course, for "Amber". Before posting here, I installed the "Amber repo" a few days ago to have access to the most recent update (Amber 3.2.79). So I'm ready for the next update.

Thanks again.

Michel.

@Endicott, version 3.2.80 is already on the Amber repo, and it should fix the recently played TV shows shelf. Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello @bsoriano ,

I did the update with version 3.2.82 but the problem is still there.

The "recently played" playlist always gives me the same result as the "In progress" playlist.

For example, I add a two season TV Show to the library and then I tag one of the seasons as "Seen". The result is that I find this TV Show in the "in progress" playlist (which is correct) but also in the "recenttly played" playlist. In previous versions of Amber (3.2.23 for example), this was not the case. We only found in the "recently played" playlist the TV Shows where at least one season had started to be seen.

Best regards,

Michel.
(2020-05-20, 14:23)Endicott Wrote: Hello @bsoriano ,

I did the update with version 3.2.82 but the problem is still there.

The "recently played" playlist always gives me the same result as the "In progress" playlist.

For example, I add a two season TV Show to the library and then I tag one of the seasons as "Seen". The result is that I find this TV Show in the "in progress" playlist (which is correct) but also in the "recenttly played" playlist. In previous versions of Amber (3.2.23 for example), this was not the case. We only found in the "recently played" playlist the TV Shows where at least one season had started to be seen.

Best regards,

Michel.
@Endicott, it seems that is the Kodi behavior in 18.6.  The playlist for Recently Played for Amber 3.2.23 and Amber 3.2.82 only differ in that instead of specifying the rule that the playcount is less than 1 (Amber 3.2.23), it now specifies that the playcount is 0 (Amber 3.2.82).  The rule that I had in Amber 3.2.23 does not work in Kodi 18.6.

It seems to me that the behavior now is correct and consistent.  If I go by your own example, if you tag a season of a show as seen, then it fits the criteria of "TV Shows where at least one season had started to be seen", so it should appear in the recently played.  

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to "fix" this issue.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for your answer @bsoriano .

If I understand what you are saying, "if you tag a season of a show as seen, then it fits the criteria of" TV Shows where at least one season had started to be seen ", so it should appear in the recently played . ", it seems to mean there is no difference from the" Show in progress "playlist. So why two different playlists?

In fact, this playlist made it possible to see on the shelf the TV Shows of which one season was in progress. It was really an interesting playlist.

Is there a way to reinstall an old version of Kodi (18.5 actually) to have a consistent functioning of this playlist?

Thank you very much.

Michel.
(2020-05-20, 16:41)Endicott Wrote: Thank you for your answer @bsoriano .

If I understand what you are saying, "if you tag a season of a show as seen, then it fits the criteria of" TV Shows where at least one season had started to be seen ", so it should appear in the recently played . ", it seems to mean there is no difference from the" Show in progress "playlist. So why two different playlists?

In fact, this playlist made it possible to see on the shelf the TV Shows of which one season was in progress. It was really an interesting playlist.

Is there a way to reinstall an old version of Kodi (18.5 actually) to have a consistent functioning of this playlist?

Thank you very much.

Michel.
@Endicott , the recently played tv shows playlist only displays tv shows played in the last 60 days, ordered by the most recently played first.  It shows either shows only tv series that you have watched partially (set to No the skin setting "Show Watched items in recent shelves") or both shows that you have watched completely and partially (set to Yes the skin setting "Show Watched items in recent shelves").

The in-progress tv shows playlist displays up to 50 of the tv shows that Kodi has marked as in progress, meaning that you have watched (or marked watched) some of that tv show.  It is also ordered by the most recently played first.

I understand that the results for both playlists will overlap, and that seems Ok to me.

I cannot change the Kodi behavior for this.  However, perhaps I am not really understanding what it is that you want to accomplish.  What exactly do you want to see in an "Recently Played TV Shows" vs. an "In Progress TV Shows" shelf?

And you can always uninstall Kodi and re-install an older version, like 18.5, and you can also use an older version of Amber (3.2.77 or lower).  Most of the versions are in the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

I would like to express my gratitude to you for your patience. English is not, as you can see, my mother tongue and it is therefore not always easy for me to express my thoughts clearly.
However, I will try to explain to you and for that, the simplest is I believe to use an example.

Imagine you have a TV Show with 2 seasons and each season consisting of 10 episodes.

In fact, the "Show in progress" playlist works this way now and the "Recently played" playlist worked this way with Kodi 18.5 and Amber 3.2.23

Regarding the use of version 18.5 of Kodi : I use an android box and I therefore install from Google Play. And from Google play, I can only download the latest version. Is there a way to get the apk for version 18.5?
(2020-05-20, 21:06)Endicott Wrote: @bsoriano 

I would like to express my gratitude to you for your patience. English is not, as you can see, my mother tongue and it is therefore not always easy for me to express my thoughts clearly.
However, I will try to explain to you and for that, the simplest is I believe to use an example.

Imagine you have a TV Show with 2 seasons and each season consisting of 10 episodes.

In fact, the "Show in progress" playlist works this way now and the "Recently played" playlist worked this way with Kodi 18.5 and Amber 3.2.23

Regarding the use of version 18.5 of Kodi : I use an android box and I therefore install from Google Play. And from Google play, I can only download the latest version. Is there a way to get the apk for version 18.5?
@Endicott , thanks for that great explanation.  I don't know how to accomplish what you want, unfortunately.  Could you please test version 3.2.84 and see if the behavior is what you expect? If not, I will not be able to solve it, my apologies.

Regards,

Bart
Hello @bsoriano 

I tested version 3.2.84 and the result is still the same.
It's amazing that it works as I described it with Kodi 18.5 and not with Kodi 18.6. It's something I don't understand ...

++

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows recently played shelf (Amber 3.2.23 and Kodi 18.6)0