• 41(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: Hey guys two quick questions:

Are any settings for the best HDR experience needed with coreelec or are the defaults already correct?

With the Minix Neo A2 I often have to press multiple times buttons for it to register, does the remote go to sleep or something? Is there anything I can do to improve it?
I had problems with ghost touches, etc. with the A2. You can either get a usb extender cable, so that the usb plug isn't in the back right on top fo the rest of the electronics in the box. Helped somewhat. 

I eventually got fed up and just switched to this Wechip G20 remote and it has been excellent. The IR power button can be programmed for the N2, and it is very snappy (I use the same USB extender cable). My only wish is that it had a keyboard for the rare time that I need one, but not a deal breaker.
(2020-05-21, 19:31)feerlessleadr Wrote:

Are any settings for the best HDR experience needed with coreelec or are the defaults already correct?

With the Minix Neo A2 I often have to press multiple times buttons for it to register, does the remote go to sleep or something? Is there anything I can do to improve it?
I had problems with ghost touches, etc. with the A2. You can either get a usb extender cable, so that the usb plug isn't in the back right on top fo the rest of the electronics in the box. Helped somewhat. 

I eventually got fed up and just switched to this Wechip G20 remote and it has been excellent. The IR power button can be programmed for the N2, and it is very snappy (I use the same USB extender cable). My only wish is that it had a keyboard for the rare time that I need one, but not a deal breaker.I have the wechip G20 remote too with the N2. I am not capable to power on the N2, power off works. Can you pls help me to configure the remote for "power on" the N2? Thank you
(2020-05-21, 17:46)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 16:04)lightsout Wrote: Thanks man yeah that sounds pretty nice. I didn't realize CEC gets broken with CE.

CEC gets broken on CE only if you boot N2 via SPI/Petitboot. With normal boot CEC works OK... 
With my Minix remote it seems that it does sleep, the first button press never works when it has sat for a minute. I just press it twice.

With the Minix remote that I have it seems like it does sleep when it sits for a bit, the first button press wakes it up on mine, I just push it twice.

EDIT## How does one double quote on this board, I could not figure it out.
(2020-05-21, 21:53)lightsout Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 17:46)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 16:04)lightsout Wrote: Thanks man yeah that sounds pretty nice. I didn't realize CEC gets broken with CE.

CEC gets broken on CE only if you boot N2 via SPI/Petitboot. With normal boot CEC works OK... 
With my Minix remote it seems that it does sleep, the first button press never works when it has sat for a minute. I just press it twice.

I bet you have the A3 or a new key backlit MINIX Remote ?
That is the annoying behaviour of those remote and why they should be avoided.

Unless you are telling me the old faithful A2 lite now has that stupid battery saving technology as well in some newly released model ?

(2020-05-22, 02:24)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 17:46)Sholander Wrote: CEC gets broken on CE only if you boot N2 via SPI/Petitboot. With normal boot CEC works OK... 

Unless you are telling me the old faithful A2 lite now has that stupid battery saving technology as well in some newly released model ?

I have the minix A2 lite. And when I would use it with the N2 I just assumed it went to sleep because it would never register the first button press.
(2020-05-22, 05:44)lightsout Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 21:53)lightsout Wrote: With my Minix remote it seems that it does sleep, the first button press never works when it has sat for a minute. I just press it twice.

I have the minix A2 lite. And when I would use it with the N2 I just assumed it went to sleep because it would never register the first button press.

In the top right of your A2 lite does it have a Mute Button or a Settings button ?

Mine has a Mute button, and has none of that annoying, double button pressing nonsense that later MINIX remote come with.

(2020-05-21, 17:46)Sholander Wrote: CEC gets broken on CE only if you boot N2 via SPI/Petitboot. With normal boot CEC works OK... 

I bought a A2 Lite like a week ago and well since I asked about it, yeah I guess they added the battery saving to it. The first button press never works
(2020-05-22, 07:45)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 05:44)lightsout Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 02:24)wrxtasy Wrote: I bet you have the A3 or a new key backlit MINIX Remote ?

In the top right of your A2 lite does it have a Mute Button or a Settings button ?

Mine has a Mute button, and has none of that annoying, double button pressing nonsense that later MINIX remote come with. 

I have also a mute button.
(2020-05-22, 07:48)stuoningur Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 21:53)lightsout Wrote: With my Minix remote it seems that it does sleep, the first button press never works when it has sat for a minute. I just press it twice. 

I bought a A2 Lite like a week ago and well since I asked about it, yeah I guess they added the battery saving to it. The first button press never works

Jeez that's disappointing!
I will take it out of ALL my recommendations posts now...

MINIX are Bloody idiots - they have taken a great working product (the original A2 lite remote) and added battery saving stupidity too it ! No
Batteries lasted 6+ months in the original A2 lite anyway.

(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: With the Minix Neo A2 I often have to press multiple times buttons for it to register, does the remote go to sleep or something? Is there anything I can do to improve it?

Jump on the MINIX forums and complain LOUDLY - two button pressing after you pick up a remote to be able to use it is frankly utterly stupid.
I would send it back from where it came from saying it is broken and ask for a refund or buy one of those WeChip G20 remotes.

(2020-05-22, 10:17)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: With the Minix Neo A2 I often have to press multiple times buttons for it to register, does the remote go to sleep or something? Is there anything I can do to improve it?

Jump on the MINIX forums and complain LOUDLY - two button pressing after you pick up a remote to be able to use it is frankly utterly stupid.
I would send it back from where it came from saying it is broken and ask for a refund or buy one of those WeChip G20 remotes. 
I opened a support ticket first, lets see what they have to say.
All -

I think I got the HDMI CEC suspend/ARC issues sorted out and wanted to share my solution here, both to confirm that it's a good solve and to make it available for others.

Part 1.  Disable HDMI CEC on CoreELEC.
  1. Disabled HDMI CEC completed in System-Input-Peripherals-CEC Adapater
  2. Disabled all CEC settings in Corelec-Hardware-CEC.  All remain disabled after backing out of the menu except for "CEC Wake-up" which reverts to odd.  Not sure what that's about.
  3. Using the method provided here for editing the config.ini file, I removed the comment for HDMI CEC and set it to "0" 
  4. Now the various HDMI/ARC issues went away Smile  ARC is reliably available and HDMI routing issues are gone.
Part 2: Use Harmony Hub to make the Odroid suspend when not in use.
  1. I added the Odroid N2 as a device in my Harmony Hub setup.
  2. I added the Odroid N2 to the Harmony remote activity for CoreELEC.
  3. I configured the Harmony remote activity to send the Odroid N2 an on/off signal during activity start/stop.
  4. Back in the CE menus, I configred System-Power Saving I changed "shutdown function" to "suspend."  Now IR power toggle puts the Odroid N2 into suspend instead of off - much faster Smile
  5. I also configured a button on my Harmony remote to fire the IR power toggle command, just in case I need to manually power it on.
Thoughts on this fix?  Have I done anything that would contradict best practice?  Is using the IR power toggle this way harmful to the device?  I vaguely remember reading that the IR power toggle in CE doesn't always trigger an orderly shutdown or suspend.
(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: Are any settings for the best HDR experience needed with coreelec or are the defaults already correct?

For the correct HDR Experience, the CoreElec Defaults are usually already fine. 
In case you fail, check first your Display's Manual to get the correct HDMI-Connector for the higher bandwith of HDR and make sure your cable supports the higher bandwiths for HDR also, usually the whole chain needs supporting at least HDMI 2.0. If one element is too slow, the HDR experience will fall back to non-HDR and still shows a picture. For the cable you could make sure about it with a THX-certified one or any UHD High Speed cable with 18 Gbps.
(2020-05-22, 18:51)NRG-R9T Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: Are any settings for the best HDR experience needed with coreelec or are the defaults already correct?

For the correct HDR Experience, the CoreElec Defaults are usually already fine. 
In case you fail, check first your Display's Manual to get the correct HDMI-Connector for the higher bandwith of HDR and make sure your cable supports the higher bandwiths for HDR also, usually the whole chain needs supporting at least HDMI 2.0. If one element is too slow, the HDR experience will fall back to non-HDR and still shows a picture. For the cable you could make sure about it with a THX-certified one or any UHD High Speed cable with 18 Gbps. 
Thanks!

Also for the Neo A2 lite remote I got feedback from the support:

"MINIX NEO A2 Lite is designed to go into such standby mode in order to preserve the battery life. It is not possible to disable or change the standby mode. "
I have one of these ordered from the recommendation on here

and can see from this forum that the wechip g20 is recommended.

I read that control can be used to power on the odroid n2, can anyone explain how to do this.

Before I order the wechip g20 is it possible one of my remotes might work I own already.

Samsung bn59-01303a which belongs to my samsung uhd tv

I have a 7,1 setup with denon avr receiver atmos, dts x etc

Is the setup be similar to vero 
enable 7,1 channels
output audio hdmi
and i had to enable start and stop refresh.

Thanks
Sim
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4