Trying to get smoother horizontal slide in main menu
Hi!

I was curious if I was able to customize a bit the slide speed when you navigate main horizontal menu. I would like it to be slower, so smoother.

I though I could do it in Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml... But I haven't found corresponding "slide" effect... Sad

I would like to do it myself, but some help finding that specific slide effect would be perfect. Smile

Thanks a lot!
Anyone?
I was curious if I was able to customize a bit the slide speed when you navigate main horizontal menu. I would like it to be slower, so smoother.

not know skin

but it may Includes_Home/xml

each widget type has its own

it looks some thing like this
xml:
<include name="WidgetListPoster">
        <definition>
            <include content="CategoryLabel">
                <param name="label">$PARAM[widget_header]</param>
                <param name="list_id" value="$PARAM[list_id]"/>
            </include>
            <include content="BusyListSpinner">
                <param name="posy" value="250"/>
            </include>
            <control type="panel" id="$PARAM[list_id]">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>115</top>
                <visible>Integer.IsGreater(Container($PARAM[list_id]).NumItems,0) | Container($PARAM[list_id]).IsUpdating</visible>
                <right>0</right>
                <height>503</height>
                <include content="WidgetListCommon">
                </include>
                <itemlayout width="310" height="486">
                    <control type="group">
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <include content="InfoWallMovieLayout">
                            <param name="focused" value="false" />
                        </include>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout width="310" height="486">
                    <control type="group">
                        <depth>DepthContentPopout</depth>
                        <left>18</left>
                        <top>10</top>
                        <animation type="Focus">
                            <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="110" time="200" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="230,130" />
                        </animation>
                        <animation type="Unfocus">
                            <effect type="zoom" start="110" end="100" time="200" tween="sine" easing="inout" center="230,130" />
                        </animation>
                        <include content="InfoWallMovieLayout">
                            <param name="focused" value="true" />
                        </include>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
                <content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="150">$PARAM[content_path]</content>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>
I do it this way ( dont know if its the correct way but it works ).
In "Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml".  Underneath Line 56 "orientation>horizontal</orientation>"    insert the line below ,  
<scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>.
If you lower the number from 300 , the menu content will scroll quicker, try something radical like "50" and you will see how much difference it makes.
Thanks both!
(2020-05-14, 18:02)ontap Wrote: I do it this way ( dont know if its the correct way but it works ).
In "Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml".  Underneath Line 56 "orientation>horizontal</orientation>"    insert the line below ,  
If you lower the number from 300 , the menu content will scroll quicker, try something radical like "50" and you will see how much difference it makes.

That is what I was looking for. But I was looking for a "slide" effect, while as you've said, horizontal menu is a control that you can personalize with many attributes, one of them being this scrolltime.

I've tested them all and I like "back out" tweener with 500 ms of scroll time.

It's really elegant and smooth animation. Smile

Anyway, in general I would say this skin is not so smooth as others I've tested, don't know why. But it's the one that fit my needs.

Thanks a lot!
(2020-05-14, 20:15)peque Wrote: Thanks both!
(2020-05-14, 18:02)ontap Wrote: I do it this way ( dont know if its the correct way but it works ).

That is what I was looking for. But I was looking for a "slide" effect, while as you've said, horizontal menu is a control that you can personalize with many attributes, one of them being this scrolltime.

I've tested them all and I like "back out" tweener with 500 ms of scroll time.

It's really elegant and smooth animation. Smile

Anyway, in general I would say this skin is not so smooth as others I've tested, don't know why. But it's the one that fit my needs.

Thanks a lot! 
@peque, could you please post a small video of how the scrolling looks with your preferred tweener? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I must find an "elegant" software based solution to record the screen of an Android TV. I was thinking in just point to the screen with my phone, but you know... there must be a better way to do it. Smile
Sorry for the delay!! Smile

Here you have the "back out" effect:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CzMbcRo...sp=sharing

Also, as you can see, I've personalized a little bit home widgets/shelves position to be near the menu, and not in the middle of the screen. This way background fanart is more visible. I would also like to make them smaller, but that's being a little bit more difficult... Smile If you can help me a bit, it would be perfect.

Thanks a lot.
(2020-05-22, 10:56)peque Wrote: Sorry for the delay!! Smile

Also, as you can see, I've personalized a little bit home widgets/shelves position to be near the menu, and not in the middle of the screen. This way background fanart is more visible. I would also like to make them smaller, but that's being a little bit more difficult... Smile If you can help me a bit, it would be perfect.

Thanks a lot.
@peque , that looks pretty good, thank you.  I have in my list of to-dos for the skin to provide a "low" option for the shelves. 

Making the shelves smaller will require you to make changes and experiment in two places: the file template.xml in the shortcuts folder of the skin, and the Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml file in the 1080i folder of the skin. 

In the template.xml file, you would need to change the properties top, height and backgroundheight for all six shelves, both static and dynamic, and also would have to change the position of the shelf indicators.  The shelf indicators code starts in line 59 of the file, and the code for the shelves/widgets starts in line 162.

In the Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml file, you would need to change the height and width of the itemlayout/focusedlayouts for poster widgets and square widgets.  Look at the code starting in line 330.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-22, 17:25)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 10:56)peque Wrote: Sorry for the delay!! Smile

Thanks a lot.
@peque , that looks pretty good, thank you.  I have in my list of to-dos for the skin to provide a "low" option for the shelves. 

Making the shelves smaller will require you to make changes and experiment in two places: the file template.xml in the shortcuts folder of the skin, and the Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml file in the 1080i folder of the skin. 

In the template.xml file, you would need to change the properties top, height and backgroundheight for all six shelves, both static and dynamic, and also would have to change the position of the shelf indicators.  The shelf indicators code starts in line 59 of the file, and the code for the shelves/widgets starts in line 162.

In the Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml file, you would need to change the height and width of the itemlayout/focusedlayouts for poster widgets and square widgets.  Look at the code starting in line 330.

Regards,

Bart
You've implemented that low shelves option finally! Thanks a lot!

Now if they were just a little smaller!... [emoji28]

No. Seriously. Thanks a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get smoother horizontal slide in main menu0