• 10(current)
Issues with Extras Addon
(2020-05-25, 23:23)SwedishHeat Wrote: What else do I need to do?
Read Sect 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-26, 00:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 23:23)SwedishHeat Wrote: What else do I need to do?
Read Sect 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras 
Okay, I created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work. Is that XML file telling Kodi to ignore any directory named 'Extras'?

I've set my source drive to be my main movie drive, so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others, so I think it may just be going one folder deep in each and looking for Extras. That may be why it's not working.
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work.
What exactly did not work? If you are expecting that all the duplicates will now disappear, then that won't happen. The change takes effect on future scrapes, it won't clean up past mistakes.

(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others
Give me an example. IIRC the folder needs to sit next to the video file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-26, 07:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: created that advancedsettings.xml file and restarted and it still didn't work.
What exactly did not work? If you are expecting that all the duplicates will now disappear, then that won't happen. The change takes effect on future scrapes, it won't clean up past mistakes.
(2020-05-26, 02:36)SwedishHeat Wrote: so some Extras folder are deeper in the folder structure than others
Give me an example. IIRC the folder needs to sit next to the video file. 
Okay, sounds like I misunderstood the functionality then. If it's already scanned some extras to my library, how do I get rid of them?

I've used the 'remove from library' command from the context menu, only to have them re-appear in my library on a restart.

As an example, my folder structure looks like this

Movies\Marvel Cinematic Universe\Avengers Endgame\(video file)
Movies\Marvel Cinematic Universe\Averngers Endgame\Extras

Movies\Star Wars\PT\Episode 1\(video file)
Movies\Star Wars\PT\Episode 1\Extras
(2020-05-26, 17:24)SwedishHeat Wrote: If it's already scanned some extras to my library, how do I get rid of them?
Delete them. Press Delete on your keyboard, or Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library.

If they are still coming back, then you have made a mistake with the code. Provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.
My Signature
My customized Advancedsettings.xml were recently (mistakenly) over-written.
The only exception to my xml the special features directory is titled Featurettes (instead of the default Extras.
As long as every Extras occurrence is replaced w Featurettes, in both Advancedsettings.xml &
as well as configured in Add-on Extras v.1.3.0 settings, again, all special features should be categorized (contextual menu) appropriately? ...just as before?

But (some) Special features / extras are being scraped to the library, and to the Extras contextual menu.

I amended Advancedsettings.xml before and after re-importing Movies directory to (movies) library, i.e. fresh import/install directories, re-started kodi / Fire TV Stick 4K (several times already) Why is this no longer functioning fully-functional?

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|sample|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|sample|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<!-- Featurettes: Section Start -->
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/featurettes/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
<regexp>/featurettes/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
<!-- Featurettes: Section End -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

specs:
kodi 18.7 - Leia [32-bit] | OS Android 7.1.2 [Fire TV Stick 4K] | CPU: ARMv7 rev 4 [v71] | OpenSubtitles.org 5.0.16
(2019-10-18, 07:24)venda3 Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 20:00)Karellen Wrote: H@venda3

It seems like you have a permissions issue accessing your files as shown in the below log messages. Could you try fixing that and testing again?

xml:
08:58:00.450 T:21172 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\10.0.0.2\Videa" with username "vaclavlangr" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
08:58:00.580 T:21172 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
08:58:00.580 T:21172 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\10.0.0.2\Videa" with username "vaclavlangr" and with password. Error code: 1219

I will merge these posts into the Extras thread.
So, today I found out that I had duplicate media source to the same place after removing one of them the credential conflict disappeared. However that is not the error. I slightly modified the Extras addon (only locally) and found out that the Routing library is changing the address when it contains special characters (like czech á) and then Extras can not find anything in the path. 
Here is the part of debug log and how i modified the Extras addon logging
So it seems like I have to change all paths in MySQL + server to something without special characters Sad

Hello

I installed the Extras Addon, and after testing it a bit and playing around I've noticed that it will not work if the path OR the movie title include any kind of special characters (accents for example, such as à ê ô and so on) or are in a foreign character set. Seeing the post by @venda3 it seems this is a known issue? Or am I doing anything wrong?
It also doesn't allow for any other folders to be inside the Extras folder (I'd like to put inside Extras another folder with the Artwork for example, but it's not such a big deal).

If somebody can help working around this issue, I'd appreciate some help. It renders the add-on pretty much useless for me, as I have LOADS of foreign movies (let's say non-English language) and also I like to use the original title for the library.

Thanks in advance!
(2020-06-10, 10:56)tralaralara Wrote: Seeing the post by @venda3 it seems this is a known issue? Or am I doing anything wrong?
It is a known issue and an Issue report can be found here... https://github.com/tamland/kodi-addon-extras/issues/3 There is also a solution in the report.

(2020-06-06, 06:08)cockfighter Wrote: But (some) Special features / extras are being scraped to the library, and to the Extras contextual menu.
If you provide details on what is being scraped, I will try to replicate the problem. A screenshot of your Featurettes folder showing which titles are being scraped. Also where the folder is located in relation to the movie and movie folder

For both of you, it has been a long time since the addon developer has been active on the forum, so you may want to consider this addon unsupported until someone takes over maintenance.
My Signature
(2020-06-10, 11:27)Karellen Wrote: It is a known issue and an Issue report can be found here... https://github.com/tamland/kodi-addon-extras/issues/3 There is also a solution in the report.

For both of you, it has been a long time since the addon developer has been active on the forum, so you may want to consider this addon unsupported until someone takes over maintenance.

Thanks a bunch, I'll give that a try.

I don't know if I'm reading the info correctly, but according to this article it seems the problem will be fixed in v19 when switching to Python 3? https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_unicode_paths
(2020-06-10, 12:22)tralaralara Wrote:  I don't know if I'm reading the info correctly, but according to this article it seems the problem will be fixed in v19 when switching to Python 3? https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_unicode_paths
ooh, ignore that page completely. It was written for v12 and horribly outdated.
My Signature
(2020-06-10, 12:33)Karellen Wrote: ooh, ignore that page completely. It was written for v12 and horribly outdated.

Oooops! ok.
(2020-06-10, 11:27)Karellen Wrote: It is a known issue and an Issue report can be found here... https://github.com/tamland/kodi-addon-extras/issues/3 There is also a solution in the report.

I can also confirm this solution works when the issue is foreign characters in the movie title. Doesn't work if there are foreign characters in the path though.
(2020-06-10, 12:58)tralaralara Wrote: I can also confirm this solution works when the issue is foreign characters in the movie title. Doesn't work if there are foreign characters in the path though.
ok, that's a shame. That is the best it will be for now, but I will do a bit of research as that path issue rings a bell. I'll try and find that other issue.
My Signature
(2020-06-10, 13:23)Karellen Wrote: ok, that's a shame. That is the best it will be for now, but I will do a bit of research as that path issue rings a bell. I'll try and find that other issue.

much appreciated! I'll keep my fingers crossed (and in the meantime my paths clean)
I'm running Kodi 18.7 on my Android-TV. How/where would I place the XML file (shown on the Wiki) to get Kodi to skip including the contents of the Extras directories in the Library?
(2017-06-17, 22:03)Karellen Wrote: Hello Edworld,

That sounds unusual. Honestly I don't know why it is throwing up that message. I assume you have read the wiki page, and ended up here from the wiki page?

You have highlighted the movie, selected Extras from the Context Menu, it then shows the list of Extras videos. Then you select one to play. If this what you have done, it is all set up correctly

If you navigate to the file via Videos>Files>your source>movie name>>extras folder, does the video play?
Yup that sounds unusual...try restarting?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Extras Addon1