Kodi 18.7 crashes loading a folder
I had this problem with Kodi 19 Alpha, then it re-appeared in Kodi 18.7. The issue is when I go into a folder of videos (my files happen to be on a Windows Server), Kodi simply crashes. Sometimes not immediately, but usually within 4 seconds. I went through two days of reinstalling, removing prefs, scouring the internet, etc.

My solution was in the Settings-> Media-> Videos configuration. I turned off both "Extract thumbnails from video files" and "Extract chapter thumbnails" options. No more problems. Don't ask for log files or for more troubleshooting - it works now and I'm doing playing around with this for a while. I'm going back to binge watching.
(2020-05-25, 18:11)ac0mputerguru Wrote: I had this problem with Kodi 19 Alpha, then it re-appeared in Kodi 18.7. The issue is when I go into a folder of videos (my files happen to be on a Windows Server), Kodi simply crashes. Sometimes not immediately, but usually within 4 seconds. I went through two days of reinstalling, removing prefs, scouring the internet, etc.

My solution was in the Settings-> Media-> Videos configuration. I turned off both "Extract thumbnails from video files" and "Extract chapter thumbnails" options. No more problems. Don't ask for log files or for more troubleshooting - it works now and I'm doing playing around with this for a while. I'm going back to binge watching.

I'm having a similar problem with Kodi 18.7. Kodi crashes on advancing to the next video in a playlist. I have downloaded videos in a folder. This never happened with Kodi 18.6
(2020-05-28, 04:46)Out$ider Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 18:11)ac0mputerguru Wrote: I had this problem with Kodi 19 Alpha, then it re-appeared in Kodi 18.7. The issue is when I go into a folder of videos (my files happen to be on a Windows Server), Kodi simply crashes. Sometimes not immediately, but usually within 4 seconds. I went through two days of reinstalling, removing prefs, scouring the internet, etc.

I'm having a similar problem with Kodi 18.7. Kodi crashes on advancing to the next video in a playlist. I have downloaded videos in a folder. This never happened with Kodi 18.6 
Tried disabling the thumbnails in the video settings as you explained - no beans. I will downgrade to 18.6 or look for a nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.7 crashes loading a folder0