issue with amber skin
hi all
i like to use amber skin , but facing a problem in all newer leia versions i have tried currently im on 3.2.23 , also tried updating to 3.2.79 and 3.2.9 but issue is still there.i never had this issue on older kodi version 17.5 with amber version 3.0.8.
issue is
im using minix A2 lite mouse remote with latest version of kodi, all the playing videos i can stop but moving to STOP button using arrow keys on my remote. But on live video or iptv videos  i have to change to air mouse and then click on stop button.
Can this be fixed. if i change my skin i do not have this issue, so remote is also not issue here.
any help will be appreciated.
(2020-05-19, 19:58)masheep Wrote: hi all
i like to use amber skin , but facing a problem in all newer leia versions i have tried currently im on 3.2.23 , also tried updating to 3.2.79 and 3.2.9 but issue is still there.i never had this issue on older kodi version 17.5 with amber version 3.0.8.
issue is
im using minix A2 lite mouse remote with latest version of kodi, all the playing videos i can stop but moving to STOP button using arrow keys on my remote. But on live video or iptv videos  i have to change to air mouse and then click on stop button.
Can this be fixed. if i change my skin i do not have this issue, so remote is also not issue here.
@masheep , thank you for your feedback.  I am not sure I understand what the problem is.  Since your remote, from what I could see online, has a keyboard in the back, can't you just press X to stop a video? Does that work in live tv?  

Can you please post a video of your issue? That way I can get a better idea of what the problem is.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
thanks Bart for your reply. i have tried to explain in this video. let me know if link is not working.
PART1:
  • 1st part shows nothing happens when i press buttons in order to stop playing feed/channel,  i can only stop live feeds once i switch to air mouse mode on remote, (same box)
  • normal video i can stop with left right buttons. (same box)

PART2:
2nd part shows no issues even playing same feed on another box running older version.

replace xx with tt

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/file/vzsi1rx83sfccb1/issue.mp4/file
alternate link:
hxxps://streamable.com/c4mpid
(2020-05-19, 22:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 19:58)masheep Wrote: hi all
issue is
@masheep , thank you for your feedback.  I am not sure I understand what the problem is.  Since your remote, from what I could see online, has a keyboard in the back, can't you just press X to stop a video? Does that work in live tv?  

Can you please post a video of your issue? That way I can get a better idea of what the problem is.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi i have posted video expalining issue
video-issue
@masheep , thanks for the video.  It seems to me that your remote is sending Kodi a mouse movement, so the OSD comes up without any control focused.  I will see if I can find a fix to counter when this happens.

EDIT: @masheep it seems like I found a fix.  I will include it in the next Amber update.  My apologies for previous responses, and thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-20, 16:58)bsoriano Wrote: @masheep , thanks for the video.  It seems to me that your remote is sending Kodi a mouse movement, so the OSD comes up without any control focused.  I will see if I can find a fix to counter when this happens.

EDIT: @masheep it seems like I found a fix.  I will include it in the next Amber update.  My apologies for previous responses, and thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
thanks bart
that will be perfect
(2020-05-20, 20:00)masheep Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 16:58)bsoriano Wrote: @masheep , thanks for the video.  It seems to me that your remote is sending Kodi a mouse movement, so the OSD comes up without any control focused.  I will see if I can find a fix to counter when this happens.

Regards,

Bart
thanks bart
that will be perfect 
@masheep , please check out version 3.2.83.  It hopefully fixes this issue.  Please update and let me know that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi bart
i think i got my skin updated to .84, i can confirm its working now, thanks you soooo much. i really appreciate it.

please also do another favor , and add video-addons to be set as default home screen when we start k*odi. all other options are there to set as default home screen except the video-addons in skin setting.
(2020-05-26, 23:36)masheep Wrote: Hi bart
i think i got my skin updated to .84, i can confirm its working now, thanks you soooo much. i really appreciate it.

please also do another favor , and add video-addons to be set as default home screen when we start k*odi. all other options are there to set as default home screen except the video-addons in skin setting.
@masheep , you decide which menu item is the one where Kodi starts in. 

1. For the Vertical Menu, Kodi will start in whatever menu item you put as the 6th one (counting from the top), if you have not enabled the option "Start at First Menu Item".  So, if you look at this screenshot of my configuration, Kodi will start at the TV Shows item:

Please remember that you can change the order of the menu items (move up or down) with the buttons that are above the "Disable" button on the right side of the Menu configuration dialog.

2. For the Vertical Menu, if you enable the option "Start at First Menu Item", in Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, then Kodi will start at the first menu item.

3. For the Horizontal Menu, Kodi will start that the menu item you put in the 3rd position.  If you look at my screenshot above, if I put the Horizontal Menu, Kodi would start in the Movies menu item.

Please let me know if this answers your question.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-27, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote:

1. For the Vertical Menu, Kodi will start in whatever menu item you put as the 6th one (counting from the top), if you have not enabled the option "Start at First Menu Item".  So, if you look at this screenshot of my configuration, Kodi will start at the TV Shows item:

Please remember that you can change the order of the menu items (move up or down) with the buttons that are above the "Disable" button on the right side of the Menu configuration dialog.

2. For the Vertical Menu, if you enable the option "Start at First Menu Item", in Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, then Kodi will start at the first menu item.

3. For the Horizontal Menu, Kodi will start that the menu item you put in the 3rd position.  If you look at my screenshot above, if I put the Horizontal Menu, Kodi would start in the Movies menu item.

Regards,

Bart 
thanks this is cool.. i will try it, i was looking at different settings.
(2020-05-29, 00:53)masheep Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 
thanks this is cool.. i will try it, i was looking at different settings.
@masheep , were you able to configure the menu to your liking? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I may have posted this question in wrong section so I will post here about a firestick 4K remote issue when playing videos. When I open the controls for the movie it won’t highlight on anything so I cannot do anything unless I use a mouse first. PVR a works perfect. Open controls and it highlights so I can move. Is there a settings feature I am missing? Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue with amber skin0