• 13(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
Hi!

Been using Artic:Zephyr Skin until these and just came across this... Great aesthetics and minimal UI / UX.

What is my biggest hope / wish, is that the homescreen (when launching Kodi with Copacetic) looks as minimal and has stacked selection of functionalities and selectable widget carousell similar to Artic:Zephyr.

Any teasers about this (homescreen)?

Keep up the great work!

//timo
(2020-05-06, 14:12)tjsuominen Wrote: Hi!

Been using Artic:Zephyr Skin until these and just came across this... Great aesthetics and minimal UI / UX.

What is my biggest hope / wish, is that the homescreen (when launching Kodi with Copacetic) looks as minimal and has stacked selection of functionalities and selectable widget carousell similar to Artic:Zephyr.

Any teasers about this (homescreen)?

Keep up the great work!

//timo
Thanks @tjsuominen - I haven't designed the final home screen yet but it will certainly be pared back to match the rest of the skin. Probably a combination of the current horizontal menu (which can be customized using skinshortcuts plugin) and some simple widgets. How customizable that will be will depend on how I get on with the code. I'm learning from scratch as I go, and will probably leave this towards the end to be honest. But if there's more interest, I'll try to bump it up the priority list.
When you get to doing that homescreen pretty please give us an option to keep it as minimal as it currently is if desired.

To be honest if it just went to completion as is but with everything working and nothing more I'd still think it's amazing.

I especially like the option that uses keyart instead of poster when clearlogo is enabled.
(2020-05-06, 21:22)jimkaf Wrote: When you get to doing that homescreen pretty please give us an option to keep it as minimal as it currently is if desired.

To be honest if it just went to completion as is but with everything working and nothing more I'd still think it's amazing.

I especially like the option that uses keyart instead of poster when clearlogo is enabled.

Yes that will definitely be an option!
Great to hear @"QuizKid" 

To me homescreen is one of the most important things because from there "it all starts or ends..." - in the mean of my liking / disliking.

So definitelly shall give my thoughts when we have a mockup Smile

Been using A:Z for so long that it's kind of a reference for me, personally.
Great skin. I'm using it one night and I'm very enthusiastic. Some complains but that's probably because of the new skin. The information screen is unreadable and the fanart should be way more dimmed. And the transition animation between library -info screen or tv show to episode screen isn't great.
I rather see a consistent animation like the rest in this great skin. Also settings is broken but again that's because of the new skin. Something to improve is the way of watched and new content. Lots of viewingtypes doesn't have any.
Just installed this skin. Wow! This is good stuff Smile.
I'll definitely give it a proper try the coming weeks.
Unfortunately the settings screen doesn't really work, text dissapears when I change the selection, but that has already been mentioned by others here.

Anyway; great work!
Getting closer to being usable with every commit, keep up the good work @"QuizKid" !
(2020-05-28, 11:05)jimkaf Wrote: Getting closer to being usable with every commit, keep up the good work @"QuizKid" !

Thanks @jimkaf - just some quick updates to try and fix the settings so it's a bit more usable. Was mainly just the colour and font files that I'd broken when I started tinkering. Working on designs for dialogs and info screens at the minute then should be able to press on!
(2020-05-22, 23:45)allard1992 Wrote: Great skin. I'm using it one night and I'm very enthusiastic. Some complains but that's probably because of the new skin. The information screen is unreadable and the fanart should be way more dimmed. And the transition animation between library -info screen or tv show to episode screen isn't great.

Hi yes @allard1992 most of these are sections I haven't started yet but I pushed some quick fixes to clean up the info screen and settings. Can you tell me what you mean any the transition animation. Especially for " TV show to episode" right now the transition animation is a simple fade in but it should be the same between all the different containers so I'm just curious what you're seeing, thanks
(2020-05-25, 12:58)Orbeatle Wrote: Just installed this skin. Wow! This is good stuff Smile.
Unfortunately the settings screen doesn't really work, text dissapears when I change the selection, but that has already been mentioned by others here.

Anyway; great work!

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes some sections and dialogs are still broken but I've tried to quickly patch most of them up so they're at least usuable now. Let me know if you're having issues with any particular screen and I can take a look. Didn't go through them all yet
(2020-05-30, 00:29)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 23:45)allard1992 Wrote: Great skin. I'm using it one night and I'm very enthusiastic. Some complains but that's probably because of the new skin. The information screen is unreadable and the fanart should be way more dimmed. And the transition animation between library -info screen or tv show to episode screen isn't great.

Hi yes @allard1992 most of these are sections I haven't started yet but I pushed some quick fixes to clean up the info screen and settings. Can you tell me what you mean any the transition animation. Especially for " TV show to episode" right now the transition animation is a simple fade in but it should be the same between all the different containers so I'm just curious what you're seeing, thanks

I think it was my own machine. Your skin floes through the library. Thank you for such an amazing skin!
(2020-05-30, 00:32)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 12:58)Orbeatle Wrote: Just installed this skin. Wow! This is good stuff Smile.

Anyway; great work!

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes some sections and dialogs are still broken but I've tried to quickly patch most of them up so they're at least usuable now. Let me know if you're having issues with any particular screen and I can take a look. Didn't go through them all yet 
I just updated the skin, but when I go to skin settings I'm only seeing a blank (the pink-ish colour) screen, and nothing else. When I press 'down' on my remote some settings appear but I'm unable to see certain segments. When I press 'down' again then the screen is blank again, and when I press 'down' a third time a second setting screen appears (debug options).
Does this help at all?
Thanks I'll try to clean this up in the next day or so so it's usable

(2020-06-02, 12:16)Orbeatle Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 00:32)QuizKid Wrote:

Anyway; great work!

I just updated the skin, but when I go to skin settings I'm only seeing a blank (the pink-ish colour) screen, and nothing else. When I press 'down' on my remote some settings appear but I'm unable to see certain segments. When I press 'down' again then the screen is blank again, and when I press 'down' a third time a second setting screen appears (debug options).
Does this help at all?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8