• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer
can we please get top/month/week/day... options? thanks
just hot, new, controversial, top and rising.

no time range option. too complicated to implement.
I took some time on a rainy weekend to try porting this to python3 but ive failed
ive reached to:
bash:
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:----------------v1.1.0 listSubReddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtisanVideos+m...?&limit=10----------------
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:listSubReddit r/ArtisanVideos+mealtimevideos+curiousvideos
                                             https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtisanVideos+m...?&limit=10
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread: EXCEPTION:=<class 'TypeError'>  cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object
NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times.
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:defaultdict(<class 'int'>, {})
but i guess since its running multiple threads, the logfile does show where exactly what is failing. Learning as I go, if you have any incites to get over this hurdle?
Good day,

Wow, I'm surprised this thread has very little action.  I love this addon.  Is there a new one maybe?

Question:  Every time a video I am watching is over and it returns to the list, it refreshes the list.  So, videos I saw that I wanted to watch disappear and new videos come in.  Anyone know how to stop that?  It just started doing it a few months or more ago.  I just been dealing with it.

Thanks!
(2019-11-24, 09:46)skydrome Wrote: I took some time on a rainy weekend to try porting this to python3 but ive failed
ive reached to:
bash:
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:----------------v1.1.0 listSubReddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtisanVideos+m...?&limit=10----------------
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:listSubReddit r/ArtisanVideos+mealtimevideos+curiousvideos
                                             https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtisanVideos+m...?&limit=10
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread: EXCEPTION:=<class 'TypeError'>  cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object
NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times.
NOTICE: reddit_reader MainThread:defaultdict(<class 'int'>, {})
but i guess since its running multiple threads, the logfile does show where exactly what is failing. Learning as I go, if you have any incites to get over this hurdle?
Hi Skydome, sorry for the veery late reply.
main issue is: all strings in python3 is in utf-8. a lot of my code dealing with request headers and cleanup of url's gets translated to this thing called bytes-like object. some.functions() that i've taken for granted in python2 no longer applies.

I've gotten most of that figured out but am stuck with the youtube-dl integration.
Hi thearm,

will take a while to resolve the issue. i've been slowly converting reddit reader to python3 and am running into some issues. will convert reddit viewer after rr has been converted.
(2020-01-14, 05:40)gedisony Wrote: Hi thearm,

will take a while to resolve the issue. i've been slowly converting reddit reader to python3 and am running into some issues. will convert reddit viewer after rr has been converted.

Thanks for the response!
Hello gedisony,
I try to use your Reddit viewer for r/MLBStreams subreddit.
At every video link in this subreddit I get:
No module named urlresolver - Parsing error

Youtube.dl videos in other subreddits are working well.

What can I do to fix the video links in MLBStreams??

Thanks a lot for your great addon and your help!!!
Hi Tobango,

Videos on MLBStreams (or other sports streams) subreddit working is not possible.

My addon uses youtube.dl to get most of the videos to play. youtube.dl is a community maintained program and they do a lot of work fixing payback on different sites.
I think they do not plan to support sport streams, or, they do not have the resources to get sports streams maintained.

I do not have the resources to get *streams subreddit working.
@gedisony 
Thank you for your answer.
Noẃ I understand.
@gedisony  Any chance to get this working with redgifs(nsfw) which split off from gfycat?
Hi amitlu,

parsing of redgifs.com videos should be possible now. I had to have it parsed through youtube_dl (slower) since redgifs have not published an api yet.
(2020-05-31, 09:22)gedisony Wrote: Hi amitlu,

parsing of redgifs.com videos should be possible now. I had to have it parsed through youtube_dl (slower) since redgifs have not published an api yet.
Thanks!
After some trouble in viewing videos, I checked the youtube-dl version in the settings and to my surprise it was a version from 2019! So I try to update but the label stays on 'updating' forever and never actually updates.
RV v3.5.4/Kodi 17/OSMC/RPi3

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hi ifelsethenend,

youtube_dl is an open source, community effort project for parsing playable video given the url. It is updated almost daily.
The author of the kodi youtube_dl addon updates the addon every now and then by grabbing the latest community version of youtube_dl.

I think there is something in RPi (I'm not familiar with RPi) that is preventing my addon from writing / downloading the latest youtube_dl code.

You can try to see/update the kodi youtube_dl. my addon, by default, will use the kodi youtube_dl addon.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer1