• 69(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-05-27, 17:20)jubilex Wrote: What is everyone doing about the limited space on the Firestick? I get constant low storage warnings and poor performance as a result.

I have nothing installed but unremovable system apps and Kodi.

I've tried moving Kodi to external thumb drive, but then Kodi's performance is just terrible.

I just have all library content on Network drive which i grab by SMB.
Artist info, album art etc is on network
And thumbnails i have sent to the network drive using path substitution. 

thumbnails are the biggest culprit.
(2020-06-01, 00:33)DB42 Wrote: What is the difference between the fritschfiretv -armeabi  dated May 31 and the 3 Leia-armeabi above his also with the same date?
Anyone??
New build up. Changes: Pause + Flush vs. Drain on deinitialize. Might be interesting for livetv users.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Anyone experiencing frame dropping when playing hd content , when playing hdr10 or DV I have no problems , but if playing at 1080p it stutters a lot , frame drops regularly.

Not sure if the problem is the latest build or latest changes in the IA to make DV to work fine .

I have also installed your latest build @fritsch but problem persists. It happens with Netflix and Disney addon.

Anyone else can experiencing same issue ?
(2020-06-05, 10:06)Facakente Wrote: ....Anyone else can experiencing same issue ?
Hi 
please share a Debug Log 

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
Here it goes :
https://paste.kodi.tv/pucovakeko

Played 2 movies in hd , frames drop , then played one movie in DV , no problems .
Can't help with Disney Plus. The log looks okay.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Good to see AFTVNews is back.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Might be more related with IA then the proper build , as currently I only experience frames dropping with Disney plus and Netflix.
(2020-06-01, 04:56)dm21912 Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 17:20)jubilex Wrote: What is everyone doing about the limited space on the Firestick? I get constant low storage warnings and poor performance as a result.

I have nothing installed but unremovable system apps and Kodi.

I've tried moving Kodi to external thumb drive, but then Kodi's performance is just terrible.

I just have all library content on Network drive which i grab by SMB.
Artist info, album art etc is on network
And thumbnails i have sent to the network drive using path substitution. 

thumbnails are the biggest culprit.

Thanks...so is over network faster than from USB thumb drive plugged into Fire TV? Kodi is for all practical purposes unusable when I moved it to the thumb drive.

My library content has always been on the network.

Can you tell me what the default path is for the thumbnails when installed on the Fire TV?
(2020-06-05, 22:43)Facakente Wrote: Might be more related with IA then the proper build , as currently I only experience frames dropping with Disney plus and Netflix.

Please reproduce with the official 18.7.1 - i gnore the audio sync - and please if this issue persists, open a defect at github issues, that needs fixing. In your log I can see that video often reconfigures (format changes) perhaps @peak3d has an idea here. As Audio-handling is also an important part in such changes I'd like you to test this with either nightly( backup your stuff) or official 18.7.1
I have disabled frame match in the Firestick settings , problem now is that whitelist modes disappeared from Kodi , only see 2160 and 1080 at 60/50, 24hz is missing. Is this a known limitation ? In order to get all whitelists modes , do I need to set frame rate match on in the Firestick settings ?
(2020-06-06, 18:54)Facakente Wrote: In order to get all whitelists modes , do I need to set frame rate match on in the Firestick settings ?

Yes.
@fritsch  you talked about official 18.7.1. Where can this be downloaded from?  The official Kodi.tv/download page only lists 18.7 for Android?

Would this be better to use on the firestick 4K or would your build from June 1st be better?  Thanks.
(2020-06-06, 20:56)DB42 Wrote: @fritsch  you talked about official 18.7.1. Where can this be downloaded from?  The official Kodi.tv/download page only lists 18.7 for Android?

Would this be better to use on the firestick 4K or would your build from June 1st be better?  Thanks.
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

June 1st fritschfiretv build is based on 18.7.1 with a couple additional fixes.  See fritsch's post above for details.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3