• 14(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2020-05-11, 20:12)pkscout Wrote: New Release

v.1.2.15
- added video resolution to dialog seek bar (backport from Matrix version of Estuary)

In my skin repo as usual.

VideoPlayer.AudioChannels is now duplicated (first and last entries).  Looks like the first one should be VideoPlayer.VideoCodec, since that's no longer displayed.

Thanks.
(2020-05-31, 19:56)Tarkus_ Wrote:

v.1.2.15
- added video resolution to dialog seek bar (backport from Matrix version of Estuary)

VideoPlayer.AudioChannels is now duplicated (first and last entries).  Looks like the first one should be VideoPlayer.VideoCodec, since that's no longer displayed.

Thanks.
Thanks for the catch.  Fixed in 1.2.17.  Should be in my skin repo now.
(2020-06-01, 02:21)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-31, 19:56)Tarkus_ Wrote:

v.1.2.15

Thanks.

Thanks, but the video codec is not displaying, presumably because "audiochannel" is still there:

Code:
[VideoPlayer.VideoCodec,flags/audiochannel/,.png]
(2020-06-01, 20:07)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 02:21)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-05-31, 19:56)Tarkus_ Wrote: VideoPlayer.AudioChannels is now duplicated (first and last entries).  Looks like the first one should be VideoPlayer.VideoCodec, since that's no longer displayed.

Thanks.

Thanks, but the video codec is not displaying, presumably because "audiochannel" is still there:

Code:
Sorry, I'm not using my mod anymore, so I didn't check the change.  I updated again and verified it, so hopefully it will work now.  1.2.18 should be in my repo now.
Hey there. Thx for the newest update. Running the mod for over 6 months now on my RPi4 and very happy with it - only a single topic remains unsolved for me to reach perfection:
Is there a way to create Folders within the favourites? Getting a bit out of hand and folders would really clean things up a lot.
(2020-06-02, 13:40)Blumfeld Wrote: Hey there. Thx for the newest update. Running the mod for over 6 months now on my RPi4 and very happy with it - only a single topic remains unsolved for me to reach perfection:
Is there a way to create Folders within the favourites? Getting a bit out of hand and folders would really clean things up a lot.
Not with the core Kodi/Estuary.  You might check out Super Favorites.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662

It does appear to have a way to have folders, and it doesn't look like it needs anything special from the skin.
(2020-06-02, 17:44)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 13:40)Blumfeld Wrote: Hey there. Thx for the newest update. Running the mod for over 6 months now on my RPi4 and very happy with it - only a single topic remains unsolved for me to reach perfection:
Not with the core Kodi/Estuary.  You might check out Super Favorites.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662

It does appear to have a way to have folders, and it doesn't look like it needs anything special from the skin.
Thx. I will check it out.
(2020-06-02, 04:36)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 20:07)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 02:21)pkscout Wrote: Thanks for the catch.  Fixed in 1.2.17.  Should be in my skin repo now.

Code:
Sorry, I'm not using my mod anymore, so I didn't check the change.  I updated again and verified it, so hopefully it will work now.  1.2.18 should be in my repo now.

Thanks, works great now!  I appreciate your time and effort.
@pkscout  Just a quick note to say thanks for this mod.   I installed Kodi (v17)  3 years ago in with your mod on my Android box, and never updated it anymore.
Yesterday I installed Kodi 18  on my brand new Shield,  and I used this new version of the mod.  It has everything one might ever need.  Thank you.
I wonder why is this not the standard skin, really.

You mentioned a few posts ago that you are not using it anymore.  Just out of curiositiy, what skin are you using now?

cheers
Gonza
(2020-06-19, 21:16)gonza Wrote: @pkscout  Just a quick note to say thanks for this mod.   I installed Kodi (v17)  3 years ago in with your mod on my Android box, and never updated it anymore.
Yesterday I installed Kodi 18  on my brand new Shield,  and I used this new version of the mod.  It has everything one might ever need.  Thank you.

You mentioned a few posts ago that you are not using it anymore.  Just out of curiositiy, what skin are you using now?

cheers
Gonza
Arctic Zephyr 2.  I've been looking for something I don't have to mod with aesthetics more to my liking, and Arctic Zephyr 2 almost did that.  I ended up modding that skin too, but the mods are much smaller.  BTW, for those wondering, I will likely do an Estuary mod for Matrix with the same updates as the Leia mod.  Seems like enough folks use and like it that it would be worth the time.  But I probably won't do it until Matrix at least reaches official Alpha (and more likely Beta) status.  It's too hard to keep up with the nightlies, especially when I'm not using Matrix on my development setup.
(2020-06-19, 23:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 21:16)gonza Wrote: @pkscout  Just a quick note to say thanks for this mod.   I installed Kodi (v17)  3 years ago in with your mod on my Android box, and never updated it anymore.

cheers
Gonza
Arctic Zephyr 2.  I've been looking for something I don't have to mod with aesthetics more to my liking, and Arctic Zephyr 2 almost did that.  I ended up modding that skin too, but the mods are much smaller.  BTW, for those wondering, I will likely do an Estuary mod for Matrix with the same updates as the Leia mod.  Seems like enough folks use and like it that it would be worth the time.  But I probably won't do it until Matrix at least reaches official Alpha (and more likely Beta) status.  It's too hard to keep up with the nightlies, especially when I'm not using Matrix on my development setup.

Great!   And thanks again!
Hi pkscout
As I said a couple of posts ago,  I am configuring Kodi 18 with your mod in my new Shield , but I still have Kodi 17 on my old android TV Box.

Even though you changed how the categories menu work, I believe I run with the same (or similar) bug of 3 years ago, see my post #51 and your replies here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303946&page=4

A bit of background, I have a Music library, but I do not have a Video library.  For Videos, I just configure a couple of SMB sources and I just browse to the files in my server.
Music categories show fine, but Video categories do not  show at all.

This is how it looks on Kodi 17 with your old mod  (and how I want it to look now on Kodi 18):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sur6ZRSKLMmYmKZQA

And this is how it currently looks in Kodi 18 (no categories show up)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DgeN2UE7cag793P98

Could you please take a look?  I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Gonzalo
(2020-07-12, 04:51)gonza Wrote: Hi pkscout
As I said a couple of posts ago,  I am configuring Kodi 18 with your mod in my new Shield , but I still have Kodi 17 on my old android TV Box.

Even though you changed how the categories menu work, I believe I run with the same (or similar) bug of 3 years ago, see my post #51 and your replies here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303946&page=4

A bit of background, I have a Music library, but I do not have a Video library.  For Videos, I just configure a couple of SMB sources and I just browse to the files in my server.
Music categories show fine, but Video categories do not  show at all.

This is how it looks on Kodi 17 with your old mod  (and how I want it to look now on Kodi 18):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sur6ZRSKLMmYmKZQA

And this is how it currently looks in Kodi 18 (no categories show up)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DgeN2UE7cag793P98

Could you please take a look?  I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Gonzalo
I've pushed an update that I think that will resolve that for you.  Very, very few people use Kodi without the library functions, so I didn't test for that.
Wow! that was fast!  You rock, thank you much, now it works.  

I use a library only for music, where I have all my tags and art very well organized.
For videos, I just use file browsing. I got lots of videos in my server PC, and I'm already familiar with the folder structure.  Maybe when I have some time, I'll look into building a library.  The truth is that I am mostly interested in music, and only occasionally I watch a video.

Thanks so much!  Your mod is the best!
Hi pkscout,

Thanks for this mod. I was using a different one that always crashed the system. It's light and damn near perfect. If I could have one change, I'd love the ability to change the number of items that display in the different categories on the main menu. It's the one feature that I miss from using Estuary Mod 2. Other than that, kudos.

Cheers,

Dan
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)0