• 269(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Happy to update post #1 after a long time, adding new champ Vero 4K+. 3D fans, I'm sure I'm missing recommending newer 3D titles; what would you add?
(2020-05-12, 00:54)hdmkv Wrote: 3D fans, I'm sure I'm missing recommending newer 3D titles; what would you add?

I suggested these before, but....

A more or less definitive example of a "Guilty Pleasures" 3D movie is Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Under "must sees" you should definitely include The Lego Movie  and The Lego Batman Movie  (which are both terrific fun and make superb use of 3D).

A new suggestion: the fiftieth anniversary special episode of Doctor Who  (entitled The Day of the Doctor ) is great fun in 3D if you're a fan of the series. (But it's not a good place to jump in if you aren't familiar with the show!)

And almost any 3D version of a Pixar movie is worth checking out too - Inside Out  and Up  immediately spring to mind, but there are plenty of others.
Added, thanks for the reminder. I've yet to see 'Lego Batman', 'Space Pirate', & 'Doctor Who'.
(2020-05-16, 23:46)hdmkv Wrote: Added, thanks for the reminder. I've yet to see 'Lego Batman', 'Space Pirate', & 'Doctor Who'.

The Lego Batman Movie is probably the second best superhero movie ever made (the best being The Incredibles). Watch it immediately. (In 3D!)
So, is 3D supported on the raspberry Pi 4 yet or not ?
(2020-06-20, 02:36)madbrain Wrote: So, is 3D supported on the raspberry Pi 4 yet or not ?
3D and HDR are still on the to do list.

https://libreelec.tv/2020/06/libreelec-leia-9-2-3/
(2020-06-20, 06:55)hwf2014 Wrote:
(2020-06-20, 02:36)madbrain Wrote: So, is 3D supported on the raspberry Pi 4 yet or not ?
3D and HDR are still on the to do list.

https://libreelec.tv/2020/06/libreelec-leia-9-2-3/

Thanks. Guess I'll stick with my Rpi3 then.
Hi
I will buy later this year a 3D projector, most probably the Optoma ust.
If I buy the vero 4k+ now, will I be able to watch 3D MVC movies (in 2D) in a non 3D 4K tv?

Thanks!
Yes you can, or any media player for that matter.
Any idea how to activate HDR to SDR tone mapping on the Vero 4K+?
(2020-06-20, 15:17)buggdog Wrote: Any idea how to activate HDR to SDR tone mapping on the Vero 4K+?

It is already included in 4.9 test builds with MVC support.
(2020-06-20, 15:09)hdmkv Wrote: Yes you can, or any media player for that matter.

Thanks hdmkv!
And what about when I get my 3D projector..
Will the Vero auto detect it and transmit in 3D then?

Thanks again!
Yes, it will. If you have any issues, you can ask here or on OSMC forum.
(2020-06-21, 10:35)JAIME.CUSIHUAMAN Wrote: And what about when I get my 3D projector..
Will the Vero auto detect it and transmit in 3D then?

Thanks again!

As of right now, 3D support is still at the beta testing stage, so you have to install a test version of the software rather than the standard one. That isn't difficult, but it's worth mentioning, because 3D-enabled builds still have a few issues to resolve for general use which are fixed in the standard software.

(It is, of course, quite likely that 3D support will have become standard by the time your projector is upgraded).

Assuming you have 3D-enabled software installed, detection of a 3D-capable display and switching to 3D mode should be automatic.
For what it's worth, I'm running a Ugoos AM6 Plus Tv box through an XGIMI H3 projector (similar to the H2 but much brighter and with improved colour saturation). This projector's 3D image blows me away. It is literally exquisite with zero ghosting! 

Like all LED projectors, it requires DLP-link glasses which are an optional extra. The ones offered by XGIMI can be found for less than half the price if purchased elsewhere. For example, I purchased a set of 4 pairs for just over 44 euros. Compare that to the 79 euros per pair I paid for my previous Panasonic active shutter glasses! The reason I mention the glasses is because despite their fragile look, they are rather clever. I don't know if all DLP-link glasses have the same features but these allow switching between eyes and, when you leave the room to get a drink or a visit to the WC, you don't need to take them off because as soon as you quit the projected image the glasses change to clear, as though you weren't wearing glasses at all.

Another important difference is that with my previous Panasonic glasses the image would darken. You got used to it but in darker scenes it was a pain in the backside. Nothing of the sort with the DLP-link glasses! The image remains bright and crisp and you get to view the movie exactly as it was intended.

The quality of projector images today is so good and the equipment so small and affordable that I fully expect Android based TV projectors to replace televisions in the near future.
  • 269(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17