• 232(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2020-03-15, 14:50)Krobar Wrote: @afedchin I'm trying to build the MVC branch merged with the 18.6 tag. All goes well until during Buildsetup.bat I get this error:

upnp.vcxproj -> C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\build\upnp\Release\upnp.lib
  WinRenderer.cpp
C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'initializer list' to 'SRenderBufferDesc' [C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous

Any idea what might be wrong?
No reaction from @afedchin anymore? Or did you solved the problems above?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2020-04-12, 15:45)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 14:50)Krobar Wrote: @afedchin I'm trying to build the MVC branch merged with the 18.6 tag. All goes well until during Buildsetup.bat I get this error:

upnp.vcxproj -> C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\build\upnp\Release\upnp.lib
  WinRenderer.cpp
C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'initializer list' to 'SRenderBufferDesc' [C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous

Any idea what might be wrong?
No reaction from @afedchin anymore? Or did you solved the problems above? 

Have not heard anything, maybe I dealt with the only merge conflict with any complexity wrong but without a little bit of help I don't think I can compile unfortunately.
(2020-04-11, 19:26)damagedspline Wrote: Tried 18.2 on i7-6xxxx (620 GPU) laptop connected to Pioneer VSX-933 -> Epson TW5650. Tested Dr. Strange 3D bluray (not rip) - 3D worked in Up-Down but sound output was 2.1even though passthrough and sync framerate were set.
Must say that ghosting that appeared with Sony BDP6700 were mostly eliminatedby this setup.
Nicely done!

I retried the same test on NUC8i5 (iris plus 655) and it looks awful, as if someone crank the brightness way up - grayish with lots of ghosting. The projector is configured exactly the same, so does kodi. Any hints?

PS bit streaming works like a charm here.
(2020-04-12, 22:23)damagedspline Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 19:26)damagedspline Wrote: Tried 18.2 on i7-6xxxx (620 GPU) laptop connected to Pioneer VSX-933 -> Epson TW5650. Tested Dr. Strange 3D bluray (not rip) - 3D worked in Up-Down but sound output was 2.1even though passthrough and sync framerate were set.
Must say that ghosting that appeared with Sony BDP6700 were mostly eliminatedby this setup.
Nicely done!

I retried the same test on NUC8i5 (iris plus 655) and it looks awful, as if someone crank the brightness way up - grayish with lots of ghosting. The projector is configured exactly the same, so does kodi. Any hints?

After multiple tests and cable replacements, "hardware based" stereoscopic output is only available when connecting the projector directly to the pc and not through a receiver.
When directly connected i get "Epson Proj" identified as the monitor, through a reciever i get "generic pnp" display.
Probably the projector is identified as 3d capable while the generic display does not so "hardware based" output is not exposed. In both cases the 3d is enabled in the windows display options so i'm puzzled.
If it is a common issue please update the google doc as i could find such issue in the thread.
(2020-04-17, 17:32)damagedspline Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 22:23)damagedspline Wrote:
Nicely done!

After multiple tests and cable replacements, "hardware based" stereoscopic output is only available when connecting the projector directly to the pc and not through a receiver.
When directly connected i get "Epson Proj" identified as the monitor, through a reciever i get "generic pnp" display.
Probably the projector is identified as 3d capable while the generic display does not so "hardware based" output is not exposed. In both cases the 3d is enabled in the windows display options so i'm puzzled.
If it is a common issue please update the google doc as i could find such issue in the thread. 

The problem is that the VSX-933 is an HDMI 2.0 capable device and I suspect your laptop is too; the first link in the HDMI chain must not be HDMI 2.0 capable (Intel never provided 3D support for HDMI2.0/LSPCON). One way you can often get around this is to use a passive Display Port to HDMI adapter which then makes the PC side HDMI 1.4 and should mean it works. This worked for me on my I3-8300 (Also Intel 620 GPU setup).
(2020-04-20, 23:35)Krobar Wrote: The problem is that the VSX-933 is an HDMI 2.0 capable device and I suspect your laptop is too; the first link in the HDMI chain must not be HDMI 2.0 capable (Intel never provided 3D support for HDMI2.0/LSPCON). One way you can often get around this is to use a passive Display Port to HDMI adapter which then makes the PC side HDMI 1.4 and should mean it works. This worked for me on my I3-8300 (Also Intel 620 GPU setup). 

Awesome!
The NUC uses a USB-C as a DP port and not the usual mini/full DP socket. So should I purchase USB-C to DP and DP to HDMI adapters or does direct USB-C to HDMI would suffice?
(2020-04-21, 08:38)damagedspline Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 23:35)Krobar Wrote: The problem is that the VSX-933 is an HDMI 2.0 capable device and I suspect your laptop is too; the first link in the HDMI chain must not be HDMI 2.0 capable (Intel never provided 3D support for HDMI2.0/LSPCON). One way you can often get around this is to use a passive Display Port to HDMI adapter which then makes the PC side HDMI 1.4 and should mean it works. This worked for me on my I3-8300 (Also Intel 620 GPU setup). 

Awesome!
The NUC uses a USB-C as a DP port and not the usual mini/full DP socket. So should I purchase USB-C to DP and DP to HDMI adapters or does direct USB-C to HDMI would suffice? 

I'm not certain of the USB-C type configs but it seems passive USB-C to HDMI is available so my guess is it will work (Please don't be upset if it doesn't). This one claims to be a passive adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Display...B075Z6SPMP
(2020-04-21, 09:30)Krobar Wrote: I'm not certain of the USB-C type configs but it seems passive USB-C to HDMI is available so my guess is it will work (Please don't be upset if it doesn't). This one claims to be a passive adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Display...B075Z6SPMP
I purchased a passive usb-c to hdmi cable. While it does show image, hardware based 3d output in kodi is still missing...
Finally I was able to get it running on my Nuc8i5 - was not easy and still has some side effects!
The USB-C to HDMI cable i purchased did not allow hardware based 3d in kodi so i connected it to the reciever and used it for audio output and connected the projector directly to the nuc (via the regular hdmi) instead of to the reciever. So to summarize: audio to reciever via usb-c hdmi adapter and the hdmi to the reciever for video. This still did not work as windows was set to duplicate display - 3d not working. Show only on display 2(projector) still did not work- 3d worked, bistream audio did not work.
Setting to "extend desktop" and projector as main display and redirecting the video and audio to the appropriate sinks in kodi did the final touch.
The only caveat is that the receiver is no longer serve as a display muxer...

Update: forgot to mention that bitstream only worked after i set the reciever as the main audio output also in windows audio setting, not just in kodi
Hello! After upgrading from version 17.6 MVC to 18. 2RC2 MVC, when viewing 3D BD ISO, the frame for the right eye is green. how do I fix it?
Here is an X64 18.7 build:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ozs09Ei...sp=sharing

I've only done minimal testing but it seems to work ok for my MVC MKVs.
Added to post #1, thanks @Krobar. Is this your build? If not, can you let me know whose?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2020-06-21, 20:26)hdmkv Wrote: Added to post #1, thanks @Krobar. Is this your build? If not, can you let me know whose?
It is my build (MVC branch I merged and built with is all "afedchin"s work), my original problems were caused by a Java update (I found the time yesterday to look into the failure properly). I used it last night and it works fine for me, TV guide seems better and one of my inputstream plugins works better. I would appreciate if anyone else can check if Right Eye First MVC MKV works for them, it does not work for me using the 18.2 build or my 18.7 build.
(2020-06-22, 11:04)Krobar Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 20:26)hdmkv Wrote: Added to post #1, thanks @Krobar. Is this your build? If not, can you let me know whose?
It is my build (MVC branch I merged and built with is all "afedchin"s work), my original problems were caused by a Java update (I found the time yesterday to look into the failure properly). I used it last night and it works fine for me, TV guide seems better and one of my inputstream plugins works better. I would appreciate if anyone else can check if Right Eye First MVC MKV works for them, it does not work for me using the 18.2 build or my 18.7 build.

Hi
Seems working with The hobbit. ( rapid test)
But it seem i needed to disable /enable 3d mode on my epson beamer.
Ok with iron man 3 ( just launch the movies)
Many thanks.
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2020-06-23, 21:51)Aphykit2006 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 11:04)Krobar Wrote:

Hi
Seems working with The hobbit. ( rapid test)
But it seem i needed to disable /enable 3d mode on my epson beamer.
Ok with iron man 3 ( just launch the movies)
Many thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. 3D switching seems to be working for me, is it only certain files that don't switch automatically?
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10