Movie Scraping?
the last time i used kodi was quite a while ago but one of the things i remembered was the great scraping i used to get with it (compared to other front ends), especially the bounty of movie posters and fanart that downloaded, that i could pick from, after i added new files / sources.... but for whatever reason i'm not getting the same experience this time around... if i scan a folder right after installing kodi, without adding any other addons, it actually does a pretty great job out of the box, using the default information provider (tmdb).... prob is the posters and fanart that's added is pretty sparse, for some titles it's even just two poster options... if i install universal movie scraper or artwork beef i get a lot more posters and fanart but movie matching is far less than using tmdb... is there a wat to get the best of both worlds, a high percentage of accurate scraping and a lot of posters / fanart? any tricks or special settings?
Recently, TheMovieDB undertook quite a large mass purge of artwork from their site. Even though we have asked several times, we have not been given the reason for the purge. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353489

UMS scrapes artwork from fanart.tv in addition to TheMovieDB, which is why you have more artwork choices.

You could try the new TheMovieDB Python scraper (install like you would any other scraper) and it also scrapes artwork from fanart.tv

Moved to Information Providers forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-22, 05:47)Karellen Wrote: Recently, TheMovieDB undertook quite a large mass purge of artwork from their site. Even though we have asked several times, we have not been given the reason for the purge. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353489

UMS scrapes artwork from fanart.tv in addition to TheMovieDB, which is why you have more artwork choices.

You could try the new TheMovieDB Python scraper (install like you would any other scraper) and it also scrapes artwork from fanart.tv

Moved to Information Providers forum.

what a bummer, just read that thread....

tried tmdb python, it was worse than tmdb given it couldn't identify as many titles as tmdb, in fact it identified a lot less... and unfortunately scraping using fanart.tv via ums is the same thing, it misses far too many titles altho it does provide quite a few more posters than tmdb for the titles it does match, sigh.... so what's the deal with plex, what does it scrape, just tested it and it has no prob scraping a bunch of artwork for newly added files? haven't tested emby...
(2020-06-22, 07:09)aeneas1 Wrote: tried tmdb python, it was worse than tmdb given it couldn't identify as many titles as tmdb,
Weird as in over a year of constant use I am still yet to have it fail once for me. I guess your files/folders are pretty badly named?

(2020-06-22, 07:09)aeneas1 Wrote: nd unfortunately scraping using fanart.tv via ums is the same thing, it misses far too many titles
Yea, you must have an issue with your naming. Can't blame the scrapers for that.

(2020-06-22, 07:09)aeneas1 Wrote: so what's the deal with plex, what does it scrape
No idea, we are not Plex and I have never used it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, check item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Karellen Wrote:Weird as in over a year of constant use I am still yet to have it fail once for me. I guess your files/folders are pretty badly named? Yea, you must have an issue with your naming. Can't blame the scrapers for that.

let's see - no prob scraping my 2,000+ title library with kodi in the past, no prob scraping it with plex or emby, but my files/folders must be "pretty badly named", yeah that must be it.
Karellen Wrote:Also, check item 1d here...

interesting, will do, fingers crossed, thanks.

UPDATE - the "1d" advice helped tremendously, now getting the high rate of title matches i was getting from tmdb and getting additional posters/fanart using ums...
(2020-06-22, 19:10)aeneas1 Wrote: UPDATE - the "1d" advice helped tremendously, now getting the high rate of title matches i was getting from tmdb and getting additional posters/fanart using ums...
Great!! There are embedded tags in your files that is throwing the scraper off.
My Signature
(2020-06-22, 20:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 19:10)aeneas1 Wrote: UPDATE - the "1d" advice helped tremendously, now getting the high rate of title matches i was getting from tmdb and getting additional posters/fanart using ums...
Great!! There are embedded tags in your files that is throwing the scraper off.
and yet one would assume that those embedded tags, and the option to reference them during the scraping process, would improve scraping performance, alas... anyway, thanks again!
(2020-06-22, 21:51)aeneas1 Wrote: and yet one would assume that those embedded tags, and the option to reference them during the scraping process, would improve scraping performance
Depends how the tag has been entered. All cases I have seen reported here are the tags that Scenes add to their pirate torrents and look something like this...\
The.Hunt.2020.720p.BluRay.x264.750MB-Pahe.XViD.6channel.DTS.PSARips.in.mkv

Sure the scraper might figure out one or two, but they are the exception.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Scraping?0