• 47(current)
Release Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.2
(2020-05-29, 17:49)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 06:21)CK77 Wrote: Hi,

I just started using this addon and have some questions.

I installed version 4.2.2 So far I can't find a way to manually trigger the update for all movies or tv shows.
The only way i can start it is by setting the schedule so it starts by itself.
I have found the option to trigger an update for an individual movie or tv show in the context menu.

After it ran all items have IMDB ratings which is good Smile Now if a tv show or movie gets added to the library, will this addon automatically get the IMDB rating? or will i have to trigger the addon myself every time new items get added to KODI?
Hi @CK77 , thanks for your post!

Ok, for a manual run you just need to go in the Add-on menu in the Home page of your skin and left click (or press Enter) on the icon of Light IMDb Ratings Update; if you right click, a context menu will open in which you can choose between information, settings or add to favorite (I don't remember if I have missed something here...).

To have already the IMDb ratings updated when you add a movie or a TV show to the Kodi video library, you should rely upon the scraper used to retrieve the information; TheMovieDatabase scrapers for movies and TV shows have a setting to do that.

Have a great evening!

Alex 
Thanks for the extra info!
It looks like the skin i'm using works a bit different, but i got it to work now.

The main reason i'm looking into this addon is that i'm struggling with getting my IMDB ratings to start with.
I use Emby as a backend so Kodi doesn't really uses a scraper it seems when it loads it's DB from Emby.
I'm getting all the ratings from TMDB, then some movies get IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes,....
For my tv shows i only get about 20% to load with IMDB ratings, all the rest just have tvdb ratings

Any tips for this would be highly appreciated Smile
(2020-05-29, 21:01)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 17:49)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 06:21)CK77 Wrote: Hi,

I just started using this addon and have some questions.

I installed version 4.2.2 So far I can't find a way to manually trigger the update for all movies or tv shows.
The only way i can start it is by setting the schedule so it starts by itself.
I have found the option to trigger an update for an individual movie or tv show in the context menu.

After it ran all items have IMDB ratings which is good Smile Now if a tv show or movie gets added to the library, will this addon automatically get the IMDB rating? or will i have to trigger the addon myself every time new items get added to KODI?
Hi @CK77 , thanks for your post!

Ok, for a manual run you just need to go in the Add-on menu in the Home page of your skin and left click (or press Enter) on the icon of Light IMDb Ratings Update; if you right click, a context menu will open in which you can choose between information, settings or add to favorite (I don't remember if I have missed something here...).

To have already the IMDb ratings updated when you add a movie or a TV show to the Kodi video library, you should rely upon the scraper used to retrieve the information; TheMovieDatabase scrapers for movies and TV shows have a setting to do that.

Have a great evening!

Alex  
It looks like the skin i'm using works a bit different, but i got it to work now.

The main reason i'm looking into this addon is that i'm struggling with getting my IMDB ratings to start with.
I use Emby as a backend so Kodi doesn't really uses a scraper it seems when it loads it's DB from Emby.
I'm getting all the ratings from TMDB, then some movies get IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes,....
For my tv shows i only get about 20% to load with IMDB ratings, all the rest just have tvdb ratings

Hello! Well, I see your point, but I really don't know how to help you...may be the right thing to do is to contact Emby developers (I guess thay have a forum as well).

Cheers,

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2020-05-31, 22:07)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 21:01)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 17:49)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi @CK77 , thanks for your post!

Have a great evening!

Alex  

Hello! Well, I see your point, but I really don't know how to help you...may be the right thing to do is to contact Emby developers (I guess thay have a forum as well).

Cheers,

Alex 
Thanks for getting back to me!
I've solved the problem. Just had to start over from scratch and it all worked fine.
Hi there,

@axlt2002 - thanks so much for this addon, really cool stuff!  

I am using the latest 3.5.4 on Kodi 18, but when I use the context menu to update the IMDB ratings for my TV Shows, I get the following errors in my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/canagibago.kodi

The shows I have tried are:  Dracula (2020),  Devs (2020),  Little Fires Everywhere (2020) among others.

Also, when I run the addon; either from schedule or manually, I don't get any ratings on my TV Shows.

Cheers,
Ken
Does this add-on actually work for TV Shows? Or is it just for movies?
(2020-06-29, 21:21)kenmills Wrote: Does this add-on actually work for TV Shows? Or is it just for movies?

It works for TV Shows as well.

Shedrock
Thanks!  Yes, it seems that I am also getting the above error with movies as well.

Ken
(2020-06-30, 07:18)kenmills Wrote: Thanks!  Yes, it seems that I am also getting the above error with movies as well.

Ken
Try version 4.2.2
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2020-06-23, 01:24)kenmills Wrote: Hi there,

I am using the latest 3.5.4 on Kodi 18, but when I use the context menu to update the IMDB ratings for my TV Shows, I get the following errors in my log:

The shows I have tried are:  Dracula (2020),  Devs (2020),  Little Fires Everywhere (2020) among others.

Also, when I run the addon; either from schedule or manually, I don't get any ratings on my TV Shows.

Cheers,
Ken
Hi @kenmills , thanks for your post and sorry for my late reply but it is really a busy (and strange) period!  Oo

I will try to take a look to the log...so, the problem is that you receive an error using the context menu for both TV shows and movies?

Does the manual (or scheduled) update of the entire library work as expected?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2020-06-30, 15:43)axlt2002 Wrote:

Cheers,
Ken
Hi @kenmills , thanks for your post and sorry for my late reply but it is really a busy (and strange) period!  Oo

I will try to take a look to the log...so, the problem is that you receive an error using the context menu for both TV shows and movies?

@axlt2002 Thx for the reply!  Yes I experience the issue with all TV Shows and some movies.

The manual and automatic update does not update the entire library as expected.

CHeers,
Ken
(2020-06-30, 22:21)kenmills Wrote:
(2020-06-30, 15:43)axlt2002 Wrote:

Cheers,
Ken

@axlt2002 Thx for the reply!  Yes I experience the issue with all TV Shows and some movies.

The manual and automatic update does not update the entire library as expected.

CHeers,
Ken
Ok, I see. I will try to give it a look as soon as possible...

It is the same error for both context menu and library updates? Does the library update give the error always at the same moment? If you can provide the the log also for the library update and the add-on log you find under userdata folder it may help.

Thanks a lot!
Hey @axlt2002 thanks again for your assistance!

I have pasted the log in the userdata folder below.  The error in the Koid.log seems to be the same for manual and auto.

https://paste.kodi.tv/zejavukuje

Looking at the userdata log, it looks like there is a missing TMDB data.  

Cheers,
Ken
@axlt2002 .. nice addon. This is something I have been thinking about for quite awhile.

Just a quick question. Any way to limit which things it checks? I have a very extensive library (8000+ movies .. 25000+ episodes) so even having it hit imdb and thetvdb once a week with that many requests seems a bit excessive. Obviously it would need to be changed but what do you think of maybe this idea .. having it run daily but say only check items that haven't been checked in say a month or so? this way it spreads the internet queries yet you still have pretty updated library in terms of ratings and such.

Anyway, just a thought
(2020-07-09, 04:40)pletopia Wrote: @axlt2002 .. nice addon. This is something I have been thinking about for quite awhile.

Just a quick question. Any way to limit which things it checks? I have a very extensive library (8000+ movies .. 25000+ episodes) so even having it hit imdb and thetvdb once a week with that many requests seems a bit excessive. Obviously it would need to be changed but what do you think of maybe this idea .. having it run daily but say only check items that haven't been checked in say a month or so? this way it spreads the internet queries yet you still have pretty updated library in terms of ratings and such.

Anyway, just a thought

Hi @pletopia, thanks a lot for your post. Well, when I conceived the add-on I was not having in mind such (really impressive huge) libraries!  Shocked Your suggestion makes a lot of sense then...at the moment I can just take a note and consider it when I will have time to put my hands again on the development (still busy with a lot of stuffs now  Oo )

Have a great day!
(2019-10-10, 08:48)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2019-10-09, 03:11)Raman325 Wrote: Hi @axlt2002 I believe I found a bug. Here are the relevant logs: https://pastebin.com/5FjUGxv2

The issue is resources/core/update_main.py:104. In this line, you create a new thread to parse an IMDB page, and you pass in the progress variable, which is only set earlier in the function (lines 84-86) if showProgress is set to true. In my case it isn't set to true, so I see the error in the linked logs. In looking at your code, it seems like downstream, progress is only referenced when showProgress is set to true, so setting progress = None at the beginning of doUpdate in update_main should eliminate the error.

EDIT: Formatting and language
@Raman325, thanks a lot for reporting this issue (it was reported also in some past posts). Just for confirmation: are you using version 4.0.0 and running the add-on manually from the home screen right?

I guess your proposal should work. I'm going to fix the issue today...

Have a great day!

Alex
Hi

I experienced this problem again with v. 4.2.2 in the same file (update_main.py). self.progress is referenced on line 177 and throws an error if ShowProgress is false.
https://paste.kodi.tv/geyudutonu

Very nice addon btw Smile
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light IMDb Ratings Update 5.1.27