Scraping Newly Added Content
now that i've finally set up my movie posters the way i like them (man, did that take some time to do!), how do i ensure the posters aren't changed when i add new content and scrape the new content? is there a sure fire way to do this, so that the scraping ignores all of the content that's already there and only looks at the new content? thanks!
(2020-06-23, 02:02)aeneas1 Wrote: how do i ensure the posters aren't changed when i add new content and scrape the new content?
When you screape new content, the existing content already in your library is untouched.

What you have to be more concerned about is what happens when you rebuild your library, the chances are high that you will not scrape the same artwork as you have now.

Local artwork is the way to go if you are fastidious with your artwork. Do you have local artwork?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-23, 02:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-06-23, 02:02)aeneas1 Wrote: how do i ensure the posters aren't changed when i add new content and scrape the new content?
When you screape new content, the existing content already in your library is untouched.

What you have to be more concerned about is what happens when you rebuild your library, the chances are high that you will not scrape the same artwork as you have now.

Local artwork is the way to go if you are fastidious with your artwork. Do you have local artwork?

i tried the local artwork route many moons ago and wasn't a fan, especially after i discovered how great scrapers could be if file names were set up correctly and the scraper did its job, in fact i toyed with going local recently, revisited it, and quickly realized why i abandoned the process many moons ago... re rebuilding my library, when would i have to do this, if i move kodi to another machine or start from scratch? i don't anticipate having to rebuild my library anytime soon...

anyway, thanks for the great news re existing items won't be touched when new content is scraped... i assume that after adding a new file to a folder i would then just select that folder from within kodi and using the context menu just select "scan for new content"? and only the new content will be targeted? thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Newly Added Content0