• 370(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-06-19, 10:34)vbat99 Wrote: Not sure why Changing the nfo to read-only would alter the file encoding, very odd and something I haven't come across.

As for Codec showing as dts es xll, this will be fixed in the next release.
thanks
vbatt99,

I was doing some checking and with La La Land it scrapes audio as atmos through version 3.7.12 which is the correct audio. Starting with 3.7.13 something changed that it now scrapes as truehd.

Thanks
Considering mc is up to 3.7.4.7b and fixes are in place for atmos for the following release, I'd hold fire till I can get the new release out.
Hopefully monday evening, tomorrow.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hi all
I need a bit of help with naming convention of TV episodes that actually run over 2 seasons

I have Star Trek TNG, S03E16 and S05E01 as a combined file and i can't get MC to show them in their respective seasons

I have set up the episode naming convention in MC to be S03E26-S04E01

Can someone advise if this is correct, or if there is a different naming convention that I'm not aware of.
(2020-06-22, 10:38)Ozpeg Wrote: Hi all
I need a bit of help with naming convention of TV episodes that actually run over 2 seasons

I have Star Trek TNG, S03E16 and S05E01 as a combined file and i can't get MC to show them in their respective seasons

Can someone advise if this is correct, or if there is a different naming convention that I'm not aware of.

Can't be done. Your listing two seasons and two different episodes.
You can have consecutive episodes of the same season, but not different seasons.
Best you use a program to split the video into individual Season & Episode files.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.748
Date: 2020-06-22

General Bug fixes and tidy up of code

New:
  • MC - Disabled all alternative IMDb Mirror sites as they no longer function. Will be removed next round if no issues advised of.

Fixed:
  • mc_com - Fix too fast to write to log during scraping, coming though out of sequence.
  • mc_com - Clean TV cache only if -c argument selected.
  • MC - Include tagcache.xml as independant file per Profile.
  • MC - Correctly flag audio type DTS ES XLL as DTS HD Master Audio.
  • MC - Identify Atmos audio correctly.
  • MC - Correct audio language for Greek.
  • TV - Assign TMDB Id to loaded seasons if present in nfo.
  • TV - Fix Filters when switching between profiles.
  • Movie - Honor do not overwrite existing images if scraped first time.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.748b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-21, 01:08)vbat99 Wrote: Considering mc is up to 3.7.4.7b and fixes are in place for atmos for the following release, I'd hold fire till I can get the new release out.
Hopefully monday evening, tomorrow.

I can report that La la land is now scraping Atmos

Thanks
Big Grin 
(2020-06-22, 10:48)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 10:38)Ozpeg Wrote: Hi all

Can't be done. Your listing two seasons and two different episodes.
You can have consecutive episodes of the same season, but not different seasons.
Best you use a program to split the video into individual Season & Episode files.
Thanks - answered my question precisely.
Apologies for the dumb questions lately, but I'm afraid i have one more.

In MC is there a way I can add movies to a collection, that I have created myself(e.g. Abbott and Costello Collection= 32 movies) when there is no collection created on TheMovieDB or The TVDB ?

I'm guessing I'd have to add an entry to the movie NFO files (which I have updated previously for other movies), but am unsure of how to do it for my own collections.
(2020-06-23, 14:01)Ozpeg Wrote: Apologies for the dumb questions lately, but I'm afraid i have one more.

In MC is there a way I can add movies to a collection, that I have created myself(e.g. Abbott and Costello Collection= 32 movies) when there is no collection created on TheMovieDB or The TVDB ?

I'm guessing I'd have to add an entry to the movie NFO files (which I have updated previously for other movies), but am unsure of how to do it for my own collections.

Anyone ?
Add this to your NFO files...

xml:
<set>
<name>Alien Prometheus Collection</name>
<overview>A science fiction horror film franchise, focusing on Lieutenant Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) and her battle with an extraterrestrial life-form.</overview>
</set>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-23, 14:01)Ozpeg Wrote: Apologies for the dumb questions lately, but I'm afraid i have one more.

Apologies for the late reply.

If you do not have any Movie in a Collection, it seems MC has a glitch and won't allow you to get to the Movie Set tab. Oops, will have to get a fix for this.

If you do have a movie in a Collection, then on the Movie Set tab, at the bottom, there is a white icon with a plus symbol. This is where you can create a custom Collection Title.
Then in the main movie browser tab, select the movie and click the drop down box against Set label and select the newly created Customer collection title, then click the save Icon.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks peeps
(2020-06-25, 02:24)vbat99 Wrote:

Apologies for the late reply.

If you do not have any Movie in a Collection, it seems MC has a glitch and won't allow you to get to the Movie Set tab. Oops, will have to get a fix for this.

If you do have a movie in a Collection, then on the Movie Set tab, at the bottom, there is a white icon with a plus symbol. This is where you can create a custom Collection Title.
Then in the main movie browser tab, select the movie and click the drop down box against Set label and select the newly created Customer collection title, then click the save Icon.

vbat, your workaround worked a treat - don't rush pushing out a fix for it - I don't think I'll be making many custom collections going forward, but good to know there is a workaround
vbat99.

I have movies with 2 parts and in options to use runtime of file. For one movie it returns -1. Any idea why this happens?
  • 370(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10