• 18(current)
Release Disney+
Test-Build Kodi 18.7 Leia ( 18.7.200 ) with this Kodi 19 Matrix PR as back-port = OK

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17960

No Dolby Vision Icon or HDR Icon in the last Minute On/Off

Test-Build from Maven - Kodinerds

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre.../?pageNo=1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8bji0lmb54goz...3paMa?dl=0
@matthuisman The addon works great, thanks for putting it out there. Someone else requested it earlier in the thread but I'm not sure if you seen it, what would be awesome is if you could integrate this for TV Shows with my up next addon: https://github.com/im85288/service.upnex...ntegration in particular when I was playing the Simpsons this morning it would have been very useful. There are quite a few video addons with support such as Netflix and if the metadata for the episodes notifies you when the episode ends you can instruct the popup for up next to occur at that exact time (as done with the Netflix addon).
the requiring a service to send the signal seems like it shouldn't be required?

Your addon would already have a service running.
so it could listen for onavstarted() ?
Then simply check if you "know" about that content and if so - do your stuff Smile
else just ignore.

Would make much easier for add-ons to integrate.
They simply send out the signal before playing the episode.
No need to have their own service / thread waiting for playback to start before sending your add-on the signal.

Disney sends signal: current episode "simpsons ep1", next episode "simpsons ep2"
Upnext gets above data and stores it
Upnext onavstarted() called. Gets the playing file, sees it is simpsons ep1 so accepts it and does whatever needed to prepare for next up.
More than happy to accept improvements, a lot of the recent coding is done by a fellow dev so please create an issue on the github with your suggestions and we can take it from there.
For some reason Atmos isn’t working for me on my 4k Fire Stick but it works just fine through the official app. It’s the correct audio stream that says “16 channel” but just getting standard DD+ 5.1. Hmmmm.
you enabled Atmos in the add-on settings?
Think you'll need at least Kodi 18.7 as well
(2020-06-18, 09:52)matthuisman Wrote: you enabled Atmos in the add-on settings?
Think you'll need at least Kodi 18.7 as well
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Yup. All that. I'm using Fritsch's June 10 18.7 Fire TV build, but it worked fine before and that shouldn't have any impact on it. I'll see if I can find a DD+ standalone test file with Atmos to see if it still works.

Ok, latest Fritsch build doesn't work with Atmos. I had to uninstall everything and restart with a fresh build. Now Atmos DD+ test file seems to work so the Disney+ plug in should work too. Oh well, have to deal with the stereo delay on the 4k stick I guess.
Hello. I’m new to the forum and your add on. It works great and it has helped up bypass the UK bitrate throttling. Thank you. However we’re having an issue where Forced Subtitles for the foreign language scenes in movies stop functioning once we rewind or skip forward during these scenes.
The subtitles return once we switch the sub language to something else and then switch them back to “English Forced”, but they still disappear again once we rewind or skip forward. Is there another way to fix this issue in my settings? I’ve tried it on both my FireStick and Nvidia Shield but the results are the same. Am I doing something wrong?
That's an issue in Inputstream Adaptive.
Hopefully fixed in the near future.
(2020-06-25, 00:17)matthuisman Wrote: That's an issue in Inputstream Adaptive.
Hopefully fixed in the near future.

Brilliant. Thank you for your response.
living with someone with hearing issues, subtitles are pretty much essential in order for them to watch any show, and so I spent a good 30 minutes thinking I was missing something when it came to enabling subtitles. 
having looked at other addons, I was expecting subtitles to be turned on or off as a default within the configuration, and I didn't see any similar setting here.  so I thought perhaps I can just enable them while watching a show.  So I turned on The Clone Wars S07E09, and attempted to enable subtitles.  no joy.  
so I had a search around here and there's comments about dutch subtitles, and also another comment about needing a specific version of inputstream.adapative (2.4.5 iirc).  Double checked to make sure I had the most upto date version, indeed I do, but still no subs.
so then I started Disney Gallery/Star Wars: The Mandalorian, S01E07 and I get subs.

so I double checked the episode of the Clone Wars in a browser.  perhaps for some random reason this episode didn't have subs available.... however it did.

so just wondering if this is something with the addon, something I'm doing wrong, or something wrong with Disney+
(2020-06-26, 00:34)raina343 Wrote: living with someone with hearing issues, subtitles are pretty much essential in order for them to watch any show, and so I spent a good 30 minutes thinking I was missing something when it came to enabling subtitles. 
having looked at other addons, I was expecting subtitles to be turned on or off as a default within the configuration, and I didn't see any similar setting here.  so I thought perhaps I can just enable them while watching a show.  So I turned on The Clone Wars S07E09, and attempted to enable subtitles.  no joy.  
so I had a search around here and there's comments about dutch subtitles, and also another comment about needing a specific version of inputstream.adapative (2.4.5 iirc).  Double checked to make sure I had the most upto date version, indeed I do, but still no subs.
so then I started Disney Gallery/Star Wars: The Mandalorian, S01E07 and I get subs.

so I double checked the episode of the Clone Wars in a browser.  perhaps for some random reason this episode didn't have subs available.... however it did.

so just wondering if this is something with the addon, something I'm doing wrong, or something wrong with Disney+

It’s something wrong with InputAdaptive stream. We have to wait for a fix
i've tested and subs work fine in Kodi Matrix with IA version 2.6.0
Odd thing is that IA 2.6.0 and 2.4.5 are basically the same (just matrix vs Leia).

So maybe it's a Kodi issue...
I'm sure they used to work on Leia...

UPDATE:
OK, so it looks like it has to do with a 32 stream limit in Kodi 18.
The disney+ has 27 subtitle streams alone.
Add in the audio streams (multiple languages) and video streams - it is well over 32.

So, the subtitles are never parsed basically.
Looks like only fix is to go to Kodi Matrix as that has an increased limit.
I'll update the blog post to say Matrix required for subtitles

The reason they used to work would have been they had less streams (less languages maybe).
Thanks for the update. Any chance of getting an option to turn on subtitles for all videos by default?

(2020-06-26, 01:03)matthuisman Wrote: i've tested and subs work fine in Kodi Matrix with IA version 2.6.0
Odd thing is that IA 2.6.0 and 2.4.5 are basically the same (just matrix vs Leia).

So maybe it's a Kodi issue...
I'm sure they used to work on Leia...

UPDATE:
OK, so it looks like it has to do with a 32 stream limit in Kodi 18.
The disney+ has 27 subtitle streams alone.
Add in the audio streams (multiple languages) and video streams - it is well over 32.

So, the subtitles are never parsed basically.
Looks like only fix is to go to Kodi Matrix as that has an increased limit.
I'll update the blog post to say Matrix required for subtitles

The reason they used to work would have been they had less streams (less languages maybe).
@raina343 
That would be a kodi setting (not add-on setting)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disney+13