Kodi won't import additional copies of movies if they already exist in library
Poorly worded title, I know.

I rip my 1080p movie disk to my server. I use filebot to rename, or manually rename. Format movie_name (yyyy) - resolution [flags].mkv

For example, Aliens - Covenant (2017) - 1080p [Extended].mkv.

Kodi imports without issue.

I pick up a 4k version at the local op shop. Two files can't exist in the same folder with the same name, so this one gets called Alien - Covenant (2017) - 2160p [Extended].mkv.

Kodi will not import this movie unless I rename it to Alien Covenant (2017).mkv. I can manually create an nfo and adjust the details, still won't import.

In some cases  I have additional versions.

For example, Alien Prometheus. There is a theatrical and extended version. I have also edited in some deleted scenes, and created a version for my son because he hates one particular scene.

Prometheus (2012) - 1080p.mkv
Prometheus (2012) - 1080p [Extended].mkv
Prometheus (2012) - 1080p [Edited cut]
Prometheus (2012) - 1080p [Peytons Cut].mkv

I later go to add the following file. It will not import.

Prometheus (2012) - 2160p [Extended].mkv

The reason these movies are not getting imported is according to the log file "No information found for <movie_name>. It will not be added to the library".

If I delete the entire library and start from scratch it will add all movies without issue.

How do I fix this, without having to delete and recreate entire library every few weeks.
I used your Prometheus example and I had no problems scraping any of those movies.

How does it work for you- it finds all movies in the same folder during the global Update Library? For me it found only one, then I had to scrape each individually. No matter what setting I tried, I could not get an Update Library to find all 4 movies in the same folder.

It found the first, then I had to go to Videos>Files and then press i on each subsequent movie. The scraper had no problem scraping them. Even when I later added the fifth movie, I used the i method and scraped ok.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello, sorry for the delay in responding.

If I start from scratch (Delete source, and recreate, or change content and refresh), it will find most existing movies in all folders, even multiples as long as the file names are different and an .nfo exists. The ones that get skipped are those that are duplicate with a different filename for which I have no .nfo.

Ok, another example. I recently bought Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 40th Anniversary Edition in 4K.

Filename: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - 2160p [40th Anniversary Edition].mkv

Going to Videos > files > Titles >Science Fiction I see the file. Pressing 'I' says "No Information Found". Right click, scan to library does nothing.
Copied the .nfo for the special edition I had, edited the title inside and renamed the .NFO Still won't scan to library.

I'm sorry if I am not providing enough information, I don't what else to share with you.
Sounds like you have the Local Information Only scraper set for your Source. Change to a full scraper.

It that is not the issue, the provide a Debug Log which captures the issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-27, 07:37)Karellen Wrote: Sounds like you have the Local Information Only scraper set for your Source. Change to a full scraper.

It that is not the issue, the provide a Debug Log which captures the issue.
The source is set to The Movie Database. I also tried Universal Media Scraper but it has its own set of problems, such as poor quality images, so went back to movie database and refreshed.

What is embarrassing though is the fact that as soon as I turned on debugging Close Encounters scraped properly. Coincidence I'm sure. But it doesn't lend well to my credibility. I shall keep working with debug log on until I capture exactly what you need. It happens several times a week so shouldn't take too long.

In the mean time, the debug log is here... https://ufile.io/6zgjqpro
(2020-06-27, 08:48)Yanta Wrote: In the mean time, the debug log is here...

Ehh.. Is there something wrong with, for example, pastebin.com or Kodi's own paste site?
Now we have download and unrar(!) some file before we can see anything.
Gosh, sorry, didn't mean to offend.

I didn't know Kodi had it's own paste site. The file is 508K that's why I zipped it.

Doesn't paste bin have a limit on file sizes? - yup. Says 508KB exceeds the 512KB size limit.

Part 1: https://pastebin.com/r1FdrT1W
Part 2: https://pastebin.com/WjpWki11
Kodi Paste Site can accept up to 2MB or around 15,000 lines of a standard log, so almost 4 times the size of your zipped file.
My Signature
(2020-06-27, 10:10)Yanta Wrote: I didn't know Kodi had it's own paste site. The file is 508K that's why I zipped it.

There's a little hint in red just above the post reply button on every thread on the forum Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-06-27, 10:21)Karellen Wrote: Kodi Paste Site can accept up to 2MB or around 15,000 lines of a standard log, so almost 4 times the size of your zipped file.

Thanks. I shall endeavor to use that from now on.
(2020-06-27, 10:36)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 10:10)Yanta Wrote: I didn't know Kodi had it's own paste site. The file is 508K that's why I zipped it.

There's a little hint in red just above the post reply button on every thread on the forum Wink

Doh!
(2020-06-27, 12:40)Yanta Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 10:36)DarrenHill Wrote:

Doh!

Ok, third time lucky: https://paste.kodi.tv/equtehiyey.kodi
(2020-06-27, 12:40)Yanta Wrote: Doh!

Wellhowaboutthat... After 170+ posts. Big Grin

It's just that we don't want surprises with hidden files or any virus/crack files.
And the extra work of unzipping/unrarring is something we all can do without.
(2020-06-27, 12:42)Yanta Wrote: Ok, third time lucky: https://paste.kodi.tv/equtehiyey.kodi
That log shows that the scanner found an NFO file, so that is why it scanned ok. Everything else looks normal. I'll wait until you capture the problem in the log to look into it more, as there is nothing out of the ordinary in your log.
My Signature
(2020-06-27, 12:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 12:40)Yanta Wrote: Doh!

Wellhowaboutthat... After 170+ posts. Big Grin

It's just that we don't want surprises with hidden files or any virus/crack files.
And the extra work of unzipping/unrarring is something we all can do without.

Ouch. That's rough. I've personally made 10 posts myself. My partner posted the rest.
I don't have  any axe to grind or malicious intent. I'd find myself getting banned pretty quick if I did. So I don't infect my files with anything nasty.
Personally I find the couple of seconds it takes to unzip a file to be trivial and not in the least annoying. I would prefer to have things zipped. And when sending emails, some things have to be zipped. Most email providers won't send cmd. bat, exe and many other file types for fear of malicious intent. After 20+ years it's become a habit. I don't see why I should have to be apologizing for that.
There are much, much bigger issues going on in the world to be upset by such things.
Each to their own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't import additional copies of movies if they already exist in library0