• 4(current)
Release Rapier 12.3.5 for Kodi 19 Matrix
Hi Gade,

Yes, If Furby8704 is running Android, the latest nightly fixes the issue with embuary helpers constant errors.

I've got another question please. In the Version 11.2.56 when long pressing on a (OTA Guide) TV show, A dialog menu popped up middle screen,
with some options like "record", etc.

Now long press (Version 12.2.5) it pops up a menu at the bottom that seems to be player controls. If I go back and select the show, I can then select record from the top menu.
is this intended? or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks again,

Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Aeon Nox:Silvo
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
(2020-05-29, 23:13)RB26 Wrote: Yes, If Furby8704 is running Android, the latest nightly fixes the issue with embuary helpers constant errors.

Hi Ron.

Great, let's hope Furby8704 reads this. Smile

(2020-05-29, 23:13)RB26 Wrote: I've got another question please. In the Version 11.2.56 when long pressing on a (OTA Guide) TV show, A dialog menu popped up middle screen,
with some options like "record", etc.

Now long press (Version 12.2.5) it pops up a menu at the bottom that seems to be player controls. If I go back and select the show, I can then select record from the top menu.
is this intended? or am I missing a setting somewhere?

That change was introduced to core in Kodi 19 here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16638

Can't you just right click/press "C"/menu or something similar to bring up the context menu like before?

Cheers
Gade
Hi Gade,

Thanks for the link, helps to know what the buttons do without guessing.

I'm unable to use a keyboard with my android box, but it's not a problem,
I just gotta get used to it.

Thanks for the info,

Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Hi Ron.

No problem. Glad to help Smile
There should be a help text for each button describing the function.
(2020-05-31, 11:05)Gade Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 23:13)RB26 Wrote: Yes, If Furby8704 is running Android, the latest nightly fixes the issue with embuary helpers constant errors.

Hi Ron.

issue seems to have disappeared. thanks for tip! Smile
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2020-06-02, 07:57)Furby8704 Wrote:
(2020-05-31, 11:05)Gade Wrote:

Hi Ron.

issue seems to have disappeared. thanks for tip! Smile

Sound great, thanks!
Hi Gade,

I've got another question please.

Is there a way to omit the "next episode" from the widget? I've found that unless you start from the beginning
of a series, it's not very helpful. For example, when restoring from a backup, etc, and I lose the watched list, the widget will got to the first
unwatched episode of that season, not the next after the one I just viewed. 

Example I pick up at season 4 episode 10,  now the widget shows the next episode is Season 4 episode 1.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to go back and mark the previous episodes as marked in Kodi, unless it's through the Database,
especially if there are a lot of shows.

ETA: Have a few more questions.

1.) When selecting show information, I'm getting the following error: Add on required - To use this feature, you must download an add on:
Extendedinfo script. Would you like to download this add on? If I select yes, the following pops up: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be  satisfied.
If I select no, nothing happens, and the info is there?

ETA: After installing the matrix versions of youtube.dl, script.module.kodi65, and script.extendedinfo, problem is fixed. Thanks to Scott967.

2.) IIRC, some of the other skins give the option to show the change log in the add on update screen, can this be added at some point?

I like to know whats been fixed/or added before I update.

Cheers,
Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Hi Ron.

(2020-06-04, 20:36)RB26 Wrote: Is there a way to omit the "next episode" from the widget? I've found that unless you start from the beginning
of a series, it's not very helpful. For example, when restoring from a backup, etc, and I lose the watched list, the widget will got to the first
unwatched episode of that season, not the next after the one I just viewed. 

Example I pick up at season 4 episode 10,  now the widget shows the next episode is Season 4 episode 1.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to go back and mark the previous episodes as marked in Kodi, unless it's through the Database,
especially if there are a lot of shows.

The widget is as it is, and it works perfectly for me on all systems.
You can enable it or disable it in the skin settings, if you don't like it.
Or you can create a custom category to add your own widget.

The content and functionality is provided by an add-on (script.embuary.helper).
You can ask questions about functionality in the appropiate add-on thread.

(2020-06-04, 20:36)RB26 Wrote: 2.) IIRC, some of the other skins give the option to show the change log in the add on update screen, can this be added at some point?

I like to know whats been fixed/or added before I update.

I bet they only show the changelog for the currently installed version of an add-on?
I could add the function to show changelog, but it's not possible to show it for a new version not yet installed.

Which skins do this?

Cheers
Gade
Hi Gade,
(2020-06-18, 11:28)Gade Wrote: The widget is as it is, and it works perfectly for me on all systems.
You can enable it or disable it in the skin settings, if you don't like it.
Or you can create a custom category to add your own widget.

The content and functionality is provided by an add-on (script.embuary.helper).
You can ask questions about functionality in the appropiate add-on thread.

I think I may have offended you with my question, if so, I apologize.
I know very little about coding, so I did not realize it was a difficult task.

It works fine as long as my DB does not get corrupted, and I lose the "watched list"
Kodi 18 had a add-on that backed up the watched list, so I never had this problem until now.
Hopefully that add-on will be ported over to Matrix at some point.
(2020-06-18, 11:28)Gade Wrote: I bet they only show the changelog for the currently installed version of an add-on?
I could add the function to show changelog, but it's not possible to show it for a new version not yet installed.

Which skins do this?

I can't recall which skins they were, and I can't easily check, as I'm now running Matrix.
IIRC, when you went to update, there was an option to review the change log, if the (installed) add-on is updated.
Not everyone would use that feature, but it was nice to know what was fixed or added.
It's not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Just FYI - After I installed the Matrix version of "script.extendedinfo" and got it working, now the "In Theaters" and "Coming soon"
widgets now are working in the "movies" screen.

Thanks again for the Skin, and your hard work,
Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
(2020-06-18, 22:41)RB26 Wrote: I can't recall which skins they were, and I can't easily check, as I'm now running Matrix.
IIRC, when you went to update, there was an option to review the change log, if the (installed) add-on is updated.
Not everyone would use that feature, but it was nice to know what was fixed or added.
It's not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Hi Ron.

I have recently been extremely busy at work, but now I'm back. Smile

So you could see the current changelog of the installed add-on?
That's possible using an add-on to open the text-file.

I actually tried doing this a while ago, but didn't end up liking the result.
Maybe I'll give it another try soon. Wink

(2020-06-18, 22:41)RB26 Wrote: Just FYI - After I installed the Matrix version of "script.extendedinfo" and got it working, now the "In Theaters" and "Coming soon"
widgets now are working in the "movies" screen.

Thanks again for the Skin, and your hard work,
Ron

Amazing. Thanks for the feedback.
I have done the same.

Cheers
Gade
I actually found a really nice solution.

Instead of the toggle button, where you never know how many clicks it takes to go anywhere, I added a drop down dialog.
That dialog contains a "Changelog" button:

Hi Gade,

Yes! That looks great, Thanks for looking into it.

I just discovered that the watchlist add-on has been fixed, and is working with matrix.
No more issues with the "in progress" widget.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers,
Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Hi Ron.

Sounds great.

I'll push out an update of the development version soon. Then you can check out the new features and let me know what you think.

The watchlist could be fixed because I switched to a new addon providing it for Matrix.

Cheers,
Gade
(2020-06-28, 22:27)Gade Wrote: Hi Ron.

Sounds great.

I'll push out an update of the development version soon. Then you can check out the new features and let me know what you think.

The watchlist could be fixed because I switched to a new addon providing it for Matrix.

Cheers,
Gade

Hi Gade,

Installed the update from your repo, works great.

I really like the new features. The change log feature works great and looks good too.

One thing I REALLY like is the new option in the video player that allows turning off the "show info when paused" and other options.
This comes in real handy.

Thanks so much for your hard work,
Ron
Nexus Beta 1
Rapier 12.2.16
Nvidia Shield 2017
Hi Ron.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.

I love the skin settings in the OSD as well.
Wonder why I didn't do that years ago Big Grin

Cheers
Gade
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 12.3.5 for Kodi 19 Matrix1