Local NFO files - a question
Hi there

Apologies if this is the wrong location - but I'm trying to clarify whether what I'm trying to do is actually possible.

I have a PVR back-end that constantly records 5 TV stations, and creates day folders, with channel sub folders, and then these contain all the shows for that channel that day. The idea is to record all the shows constantly for a rolling 14/28 day period, so I always have every show I may have missed recorded in off-air quality (and can copy it away for long-term storage if I want to keep it). This is working OK so far.

I also have a post-record script that also creates a .NFO file for each recording, and this .nfo file is deleted along with the .ts file after the 14/28 day period.

The file structure is :

2020-06-30 (Day folder)
--BBC ONE HD (Channel folder)
  --1300.BBC News at One.ts (Show file)
  --1300.BBC News at One.nfo (Metadata for show file in what I thought was Kodi .nfo format)
  --1330.This is BBC One HD.ts
  --1330.This is BBC One HD.nfo

etc.

The .nfo files contain approx the following :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>BBC News at One</title>
    <plot>2020.06.30 13:00 BBC ONE HD
The One O'Clock News from The BBC [HD][S]</plot>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
</tvshow>

Is there any way of getting these .nfo files - or similar - to associate with the .ts files, so that as I navigate around the files in Kodi, I see the <plot> metadata appear alongside the file details ?  Is there another route to doing this ?

I'm trying to avoid all my Kodi clients having to access a PVR client.
EDIT:
Sorry I misread what you where looking for

EDIT again lol:
Maybe I didn't misread.
What happens if you try
Code:
<episodedetails>
The One O'Clock News from The BBC [HD][S]</plot>
<playcount>0</playcount>
</episodedetails>
(2020-06-30, 18:19)komplex Wrote: EDIT:
Sorry I misread what you where looking for

EDIT again lol:
Maybe I didn't misread.
What happens if you try
Code:
<episodedetails>
The One O'Clock News from The BBC [HD]</plot>
<playcount>0</playcount>
</episodedetails>

Thanks for this - tried this :

<episodedetails>
    <title>Wimbledon Rewind</title>
    <plot>02.07.2020 13:30 - BBC TWO HD
This trawl through the SW19 archives features finals involving two of Wimbledon's greatest stars - Boris Becker and Steffi Graf, who have ten singles titles between them. [S] [HD]</plot>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
</episodedetails>

And it doesn't seem to be recognised.  I still don't seem to have any information when I browse that folder via TV Shows, nor does anything get added to my library (though I don't require library view of this content - just to be able to browse the metadata as I browse the file structure if possible)

https://pastebin.com/pcrhhf73 shows the relevant part of the logs where the metadata isn't found.

The original .nfo file was recommended elsewhere - but looking a bit deeper it seems as if Kodi requires TV shows to have a series metadata .nfo file and each epsiode an accompanying episode file.  However that works for episodic TV in a library - but is less useful for just enriching a browse experience.

I guess the PVR client solution is what I should be using or this - but it doesn't fit quite right with my requirements, and I didn't want to have to use a PVR backend, just add the recordings folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local NFO files - a question0