Best Kodi Hardware??
I have a Sony Bravia that I bought a couple of years ago, not realizing that it was an android TV. So I then decided to "cut the cord" in 2018 and bought a fire stick which I hated, it didn't take long to figure out I did not need the fire stick when I could actually just download the Kodi app and watch directly from Kodi.
Now I'm in the market for a new TV for the bedroom and don't really have the money to spend on another android TV. So I'm assuming the next best thing is an android device that I can purchase separately so I can use Kodi on the new TV .. (not sure if I worded that correctly).
I would like recommendations please, just not a fire stick please.
Thank you!
Choose one suitable for your wallet from these ranked Android boxes:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WPX-WJISk6l-5P85goa4_QfkDXn9us8GI649GxKDSgI/edit?usp=sharing
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Just to add my thoughts. Most of the devices on Chigz list (see above) will not have long term support apart from the Nvidia shield, Amazon fire, Xiaomi mi
(2020-06-30, 20:00)Raitsa Wrote: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WPX-WJISk6l-5P85goa4_QfkDXn9us8GI649GxKDSgI/edit?usp=sharing

Some don't play netflix at full resolution. 

A lot of the other devices can have LibreELEC or CoreELEC installed on them.
(2020-06-30, 19:55)owlietenil2 Wrote: Now I'm in the market for a new TV for the bedroom and don't really have the money to spend on another android TV. So I'm assuming the next best thing is an android device that I can purchase separately so I can use Kodi on the new TV .. (not sure if I worded that correctly).
I would like recommendations please, just not a fire stick please.
Thank you!

See the Start HERE thread...top of forum...

If you do not want to spend a fortune, and for Kodi only....(or Dual boot A droid / CoreELEC too)

Get a 2GB RAM Ugoos X3 Cube + WeChip G30S remote package from AliExpress and run CoreELEC Kodi on it from a Class 10 U1 microSDHC.

CE Kodi will handle virtually anything you throw it. Smile

It’s not very clear if you need an “Android TV” device for copy protected Video Apps streaming, like Netflix ? ?

If you not in a hurry then consider waiting for the upcoming official Android TV dongle from Google, or the upcoming Xiaomi 4K Mi TV stick with Android TV, which will both probably come out within a couple of months, see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=354992

An official Android TV dongle from Google would surely be a safe bet if you want long-term support. Nvidia Shield TV has otherwise proven to be the Android TV devices with best long-term support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Kodi Hardware??0