• 6(current)
Mod Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)
Why "hide seek bar when paused" not available in Leia?
(2020-06-04, 02:31)samsonluk Wrote: Why "hide seek bar when paused" not available in Leia?
For the Leia version I decided to slim down the seek bar rather than provide the option to hide it completely. Therefore I reduced the depth of the info bar on which it sits and moved the actual seek bar from the top of the info bar to the very bottom so that the intrusion into the paused picture was minimal.
Hello, I tried all the kodi skins, and really none, I like it as much as this one, which I found looking for, if it was possible to modify the stuary, thanks for doing it.
I have a suggestion, is it possible to see the name of the movies on the home?
(2020-06-22, 05:08)Alextremotion Wrote: I have a suggestion, is it possible to see the name of the movies on the home?

Can you expand on that?
I love Kodi but the User Interface is just horrible and my wife is always struggling due to bad user experience.
it is so good that there seems to be improvements on the estuary skill which is the only skill that is somehow working for TV and EPG consumption.

I would love to see some improvements with respect of TV and the EPG

1. provide the option to increase the font size of the PVR and reduce the number of lines in the horizontal EPG. EPG is not readable useless you have very good eye sight or sit very closely to the TV.
I regard the UI for EPG almost as discriminating e.g. only for the young healthy guys having egle's eyes ...

2. Use the screen estate more wisely.
a. EPG: OPTION field at the bottom. Almost not used but limiting but space right of it. This space could be used for expanding the text of the show description down to the bottom.  This space is always too short and text begins scrolling before I have read it completely.

b. EPG: and because "2a" the show description is not readable I have to click on the TV show. But then the show description is displayed in a super small text field which is too small to display the complete description. So I have to navigate to this window. This is so utterly stupid and drives me crazy ... 

3. Managing the recorded show. Deleting a show take much too much clicks and user has to fiddle around with (senseless) options. It would be super desirable if the context menu could be customizable giving the user the ability to remove the "clutter" like marked as seen, Artwork options ....
Also it would be great if the confirmation screen to delete a show would show as default "yes".

4. On my Mac I discovered by chance that I could get rid of the channel group selector on top of the EPG by clicking on OPTION and selection "ALL". I immediately rushed to my FireTV and tried to do the same but channel selector did not vanish. This none- removable channel group selector it really a big pain in the ass because my family members click on it and keep wondering why channels are missing.
Please, please provide the option to delete this channel group selector.

Update: I have created screenshots but somehow did not manage to get then into this forum.
Therefore I have created a link to Google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
(2020-06-26, 07:44)Klayer Wrote: I love Kodi but the User Interface is just horrible and my wife is always struggling due to bad user experience.
it is so good that there seems to be improvements on the estuary skill which is the only skill that is somehow working for TV and EPG consumption.

There have been a great many posts similar to yours but unfortunately the Kodi developers have just ignored them all which was the primary reason for creating the Estuary Plus Skin.

With reference to some of your comments:

3. Managing the recorded show: Yes there are a lot of options but I find that I use most of them from time to time but the "Artwork options..." doesn't appear on my version. Is this from an addon?

4. Channel Group Selector: This can be removed by selecting "Viewtype: Horizontal channels, no group selector" in the left hand options panel of the guide.

Also I don't have the "YouTube Search" shown in your screenshots. Is this from an addon?
@linknet 

1. Thanks for the tip to remove the channel selector. I would have never discovered this option by myself ....
2. with respect of YouTube and Artwork it seems that these items only appear on my Mac. On my FireTV I do not see them as well. 

Is really so hard to enlarge the contents text field?
The "information window" for the TV show is really so badly designed ....

I have already tried to poke around these xml files but after an hour I gave up. I am just not a developer.

By the way, my wife having a bit impaired eye sight is able to read the EPG thanks to the font size increase. Big thanks for this!!!
Wink 
(2020-07-03, 15:42)Klayer Wrote: With respect of YouTube and Artwork it seems that these items only appear on my Mac. 

Then you almost certainly must have Kodi addons on your Mac and not on your other devices which account for these two additional entries.

If you edit the numerical values only in the following lines of the DialogPVRInfo.xml file:

Code:

line 22    <top>301</top>

line 34    <top>-43</top>

line 36    <height>689</height>

line 48    <top>-5</top>

line 50    <height>605</height>

line 52    <font>font37</font>

line 58    <top>645</top>

That should improve the PVR Info contents text field without a major redesign of the whole page. Smile
Thanks for the tip. Already quite a bit better. Thanks for your effort and time.
(2020-06-23, 09:54)linknet Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 05:08)Alextremotion Wrote: I have a suggestion, is it possible to see the name of the movies on the home?

Can you expand on that?
ImageThe home screen does not show the name of the movies, so it is doubtful many times to know what movie it is when it is selected. what I would like is to be able to see the name of that movie, something like the image:

(2020-06-22, 05:08)Alextremotion Wrote: The home screen does not show the name of the movies, so it is doubtful many times to know what movie it is when it is selected. what I would like is to be able to see the name of that movie.

I can see an advantage in that but I can also see a number of disadvantages. However, my intention was never to redesign the original skin only to make that which already existed easier to read. Added to that, I've stopped all further development since I no longer have the time available. So unfortunately I'm unable assist with your request.
(2020-07-04, 08:32)linknet Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 15:42)Klayer Wrote: With respect of YouTube and Artwork it seems that these items only appear on my Mac. 

Then you almost certainly must have Kodi addons on your Mac and not on your other devices which account for these two additional entries.

If you edit the numerical values only in the following lines of the DialogPVRInfo.xml file:

Code:

line 22    <top>301</top>

line 34    <top>-43</top>

line 36    <height>689</height>

line 48    <top>-5</top>

line 50    <height>605</height>

line 52    <font>font37</font>

line 58    <top>645</top>

That should improve the PVR Info contents text field without a major redesign of the whole page. Smile

Is there a chance that these changes will be included in the next release?
or even better that this skill will be selectable in the settings so user does not have to fiddle with zip files.
On my FireTV is process is a pain in the ass.
@Klayer  Is there a chance that these changes will be included in the next release?

No, I'm afraid not, the only new release would be an update if Kodi itself gets an update.
@linknet
Any chance to get an update for matrix?
Can't barley read the epg/channels... From the couch.

Thx
(2021-02-23, 21:12)popy Wrote: @linknet
Any chance to get an update for matrix?
Can't barley read the epg/channels... From the couch.

Thx
I'm afraid at the moment I have everything working perfectly, just as I want it, so there isn't any incentive to update to Matrix with all of the extra work that entails.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)3