Broken URL for Actor thumbnail
I looked in the forums but saw nothing about this.

I noticed recently my Actor, poster & fanart URL are broken.  I think it's because TMDB did some sort of update to their site.

Example, the URL I have for Damian Lewis is http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2RcaC1ictETsTU4ioFlQ32zGYYg.jpg

I looked at the API for TMDB and I don't see any way to do a query for a actor's image.  Is there any way to update broken URL
in Kodi?  Short of doing a full refresh of a Movie/TV episode.
If you're using a local NFO (wiki) file you can edit it there and rescrape.

Beyond that it would need changing in the Kodi database via an external SQL manipulation tool. That's something for the advanced player only (and not something we'd generally recommend due to the risks), so unless that's you then doing the refresh is probably simpler.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-07-03, 18:05)DarrenHill Wrote: If you're using a local NFO (wiki) file you can edit it there and rescrape.

Beyond that it would need changing in the Kodi database via an external SQL manipulation tool. That's something for the advanced player only (and not something we'd generally recommend due to the risks), so unless that's you then doing the refresh is probably simpler.
Full rescape sometime looses the MPAA rating or studio name, so that not an ideal solution.  I have way too many movies, TV shows to do it manually.

I was looking at somehow updating my MySQL database, which is easy to do for me.  I am comfortable with programming and datatabases that I could handle the task.

I just don't see a way to do a query for 'Damian Lewis' and get a URL for the actor's thumbnail.
If you're using an external MySQL (wiki) database then you can use tools like phpMyAdmin to directly edit it and make the changes there.

Similarly if you're not, then Kodi uses an internal SQLlite database set-up, the files are in the database sub-folder in your userdata (wiki) folder.

In both cases ensure to make a backup first, in case you screw things up accidentally. And of course don't do it with Kodi running.

You can get details of which files relate to which media type here - databases (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the info, I use phpMyAdmin all the time. It's fine for updating or changing one or two records, but I have hundreds of entries in my datatabase with broken links.

Ideally I would write a script to pull links, and if they are broken remove them and update with working links.

I looked at the Movie DB API, I didn't not see anything where pass something like 'Tom Hanks' and get back the filename of his image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken URL for Actor thumbnail0