Is there any way to mirror kodi screen on both HDMI outputs with a Raspberry Pi 4?
Hello.
I'm using my Pi 4 with raspbian and have it connected to two TVs, one in my room, and one in the living room (both TVs are mounted to the same wall, opposite sides, so they're very close.) Raspbian works ok with two screens, same with emulationstation. Since I only use one screen at a time, mirroring works fine for me. I only have to change HDMI audio output when in either room.

The problem is that Kodi only works in the primary screen, and turns the other screen black. I saw that Kodi for Windows supports mirror mode (provided that both screens have the same resolution and refresh rate, which mine do,) but Kodi for Raspbian does not. Is there any way to activate it? I tried many settings both in config.txt and xrandr, to no avail. I would settle for being able to change the output screen, that would be good enough for me. Maybe with a bash or python script?

Thanks
Not possible and doesn't look like it is a priority, you might die waiting. Just bye a hdmi splitter.
(2020-07-08, 09:28)rascas Wrote: Not possible and doesn't look like it is a priority, you might die waiting. Just bye a hdmi splitter.

Yeah I think I'll have to do that.
I even tried turning off one HDMI with tvservice or vconfgmd (iirc) and it didn't work. Kodi really wants to output to HDMI-1 no matter what I try.

Thanks anyway.
Also looking forward to this functionality. Was actually one of the reasons for me to by a RPi4.

Does this only concern Kodi or are also changes in Raspbian required?
The desktop environment has graphical setup tool where you can do that. While almost all programs work, Kodi does not support this.
I'm not using a desktop envoronment. So this would only be work for Kodi? Does Kodi accept bounties for specific functionality?
Kodi for RPi 4 is generally compiled with GBM support instead of X11, like it is usually done on x86 machines. If you complie Kodi with X11, screen mirroring should work but it will loose hardware video decoding.
About bounties, I don't know, never heard of it for Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to mirror kodi screen on both HDMI outputs with a Raspberry Pi 4?0