[RELEASE] LiveLeak.com
(2020-07-10, 07:31)Øyvind Wrote: Great work, now please make it Kodi 19 compatible.

I have already tried to make the addon Kodi 19 compatible but am unable to test it. Are you running Matrix and getting an error with this plugin?
(2020-07-10, 14:35)Botster Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 07:31)Øyvind Wrote: Great work, now please make it Kodi 19 compatible.

I have already tried to make the addon Kodi 19 compatible but am unable to test it. Are you running Matrix and getting an error with this plugin?
Cannot be installed at all.
(2020-07-10, 19:18)Øyvind Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 14:35)Botster Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 07:31)Øyvind Wrote: the amendment makes it possible
Great work, now please make it Kodi 19 compatible.

the amendment makes it possible: <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>
(2020-07-10, 19:26)Øyvind Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 19:18)Øyvind Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 14:35)Botster Wrote: I have already tried to make the addon Kodi 19 compatible but am unable to test it. Are you running Matrix and getting an error with this plugin?

Thank you for that information. However, wouldn't making that amendment render the plugin incompatible with Kodi versions lower than 19?
(2020-07-10, 21:34)Botster Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 19:26)Øyvind Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 19:18)Øyvind Wrote: Cannot be installed at all.

Thank you for that information. However, wouldn't making that amendment render the plugin incompatible with Kodi versions lower than 19?
No ,this must create 2 different versions, the performance with Kodi 19 is not good, after finishing a video takes 15 seconds and you are back at the top of the list.

Since we can not find a better solution we would like to ask all addon developers to:
bump the xbmc.python dependency to 3.0.0 in your addon.xml file

bump the addon version in your addon.xml file

bump the version of the dependencies in your addon.xml file

re-submit your addon the the Matrix branch in our addon repo
(2020-07-11, 16:31)Øyvind Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 21:34)Botster Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 19:26)Øyvind Wrote: the amendment makes it possible: <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

No ,this must create 2 different versions, the performance with Kodi 19 is not good, after finishing a video takes 15 seconds and you are back at the top of the list.

Since we can not find a better solution we would like to ask all addon developers to:
bump the xbmc.python dependency to 3.0.0 in your addon.xml file

bump the addon version in your addon.xml file

bump the version of the dependencies in your addon.xml file

re-submit your addon the the Matrix branch in our addon repo
Pretty sure the forced refresh after playing a file happened to me on 18.6+, or around there at least.

I can confirm that bumping the python version in addon.xml allows installation on Matrix beta 1 and performs about the same as it did under 18.9.
(2020-07-11, 16:31)Øyvind Wrote: the performance with Kodi 19 is not good, after finishing a video takes 15 seconds and you are back at the top of the list.

(2020-12-08, 00:19)Arteekay1 Wrote: Pretty sure the forced refresh after playing a file happened to me on 18.6+, or around there at least.

I can confirm that bumping the python version in addon.xml allows installation on Matrix beta 1 and performs about the same as it did under 18.9.

I have bumped the plugin and relevant module versions, and have submitted a pull request to the Matrix branch. All of the Travis CI - Pull Request tests failed, and, even after looking at Details, I have no idea why or what to do about it.

At any rate, apparently the Kodi engine is forcing a Container refresh after playing a media file. And, that (probably also in conjunction with the Python multiprocessing.dummy package being unavailable on certain systems) causes a performance issue. If anyone knows how I can prevent this refresh, please let me know. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do about the performance.
Liveleak v2.0.0 is now available for Kodi 19.

I discovered that there is a bug in the Python3 multiprocessing.dummy module which I use to improve performance. I implemented a work-around, and the performance on Kodi 19 is improved. However, I can do nothing about the container refresh that is forced by Kodi and causes ten web pages to be re-fetched and re-processed every time after a media file is played.

Please inform me if you experience any issues.
Well, LiveLeak has closed.

The website now redirects to https://www.itemfix.com/?r=ll which is apparently the LL creator's new site: https://mashable.com/article/liveleak-dead-shut-down/

Due to the structure of the site and performance issues caused by Matrix's forced container refresh after every media play and the fact that I cannot use the Python multiprocessing module to overcome this issue, I will not be creating a new addon for the ItemFix site (at least for the foreseeable future due to my current schedule).

Thank you to all of you who expressed your appreciation for my maintenance of the LL addon. It meant a great deal to me.
Great add-on while it lasted and thanks for the support; I used to enjoy this add-on with friends.

Not sure what I'll do.. are all videos destined to be under youtube control?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] LiveLeak.com 1