Youtube Music
With Google Play Music slowly being phased out by Google (and things being sped up lately) was anybody planning a Youtube Music addon in the future? I know there is an addon out there called Youtube Music, but it's not a real Youtube Music addon, but rather an addon that plays music from Youtube (rather than an addon that uses there Youtube Music service)

Youtube Music allows our Google Play uploads etc to play, and our playlists have been migrated etc)

Currently all of my playlists have been migrated (as it advises you to do that when you open Google Play Music - as the service will soon be closed), and show in the Kodi Youtube addon - however any uploaded song won't play in the Youtube addon. It says it's private content or similar (despite me being logged in to Youtube). I've also noticed this happens when casting to my Hisense TV - it seems that Youtube Music exclusives/uploads won't play in Youtube apps and addons (it needs to be native Youtube Music addon/app/API).
(2020-07-10, 06:29)Abbaskip Wrote: With Google Play Music slowly being phased out by Google (and things being sped up lately) was anybody planning a Youtube Music addon in the future? I know there is an addon out there called Youtube Music, but it's not a real Youtube Music addon, but rather an addon that plays music from Youtube (rather than an addon that uses there Youtube Music service)

Youtube Music allows our Google Play uploads etc to play, and our playlists have been migrated etc)

Currently all of my playlists have been migrated (as it advises you to do that when you open Google Play Music - as the service will soon be closed), and show in the Kodi Youtube addon - however any uploaded song won't play in the Youtube addon. It says it's private content or similar (despite me being logged in to Youtube). I've also noticed this happens when casting to my Hisense TV - it seems that Youtube Music exclusives/uploads won't play in Youtube apps and addons (it needs to be native Youtube Music addon/app/API).
I think foreverguest recently mentioned that he's waiting for some API information for YTMusic, so he can replace the Goggle Play Music EXP addon that is out there.
(2020-07-11, 16:12)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 06:29)Abbaskip Wrote: With Google Play Music slowly being phased out by Google (and things being sped up lately) was anybody planning a Youtube Music addon in the future? I know there is an addon out there called Youtube Music, but it's not a real Youtube Music addon, but rather an addon that plays music from Youtube (rather than an addon that uses there Youtube Music service)

I think foreverguest recently mentioned that he's waiting for some API information for YTMusic, so he can replace the Goggle Play Music EXP addon that is out there.
Any update on this? The day is getting closer to when Google Music... stops.
(2020-07-10, 06:29)Abbaskip Wrote: I know there is an addon out there called Youtube Music, but it's not a real Youtube Music addon, but rather an addon that plays music from Youtube (rather than an addon that uses there Youtube Music service)

Could you please let me know the exact name from such Youtube Music addon that you say that exists right now and where I can get it?
I was really looking for an addon that would stream music from youtube. Just music, no video.
Many artists/bands publish full albums on Youtube, fully searcheable. I'm puzzled how I can't find an addon that can stream those albums (youtube playlists) as music.
So I'm very much interested in that addon that you mentioned and where I could get it.
Thanks.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2020-10-02, 17:19)john3voltas Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 06:29)Abbaskip Wrote: I know there is an addon out there called Youtube Music, but it's not a real Youtube Music addon, but rather an addon that plays music from Youtube (rather than an addon that uses there Youtube Music service)

Could you please let me know the exact name from such Youtube Music addon that you say that exists right now and where I can get it?
I was really looking for an addon that would stream music from youtube. Just music, no video.
Many artists/bands publish full albums on Youtube, fully searcheable. I'm puzzled how I can't find an addon that can stream those albums (youtube playlists) as music.
So I'm very much interested in that addon that you mentioned and where I could get it.
Thanks.

The add-on I mentioned doesn't do that, as I mentioned it's simply an add-on that plays music videos from YouTube.

It's nothing to do with real YouTube music

Thanks.
Hi, if it can help, youtube music can be lauched to kodi via Yatse App (only on android). So, first, install the standard youtube addon in kodi, second instals yatse on your android phone, third, start youtube music app from your phone/share your feed/choose "yatse play on mdia center" it will be played in kodi. In short, the standard youtube addon can read feed from youtube music...
(2020-12-23, 21:11)boucchar Wrote:

Thanks.
Hi, if it can help, youtube music can be lauched to kodi via Yatse App (only on android). So, first, install the standard youtube addon in kodi, second instals yatse on your android phone, third, start youtube music app from your phone/share your feed/choose "yatse play on mdia center" it will be played in kodi. In short, the standard youtube addon can read feed from youtube music...
This has the same issues as using the main YouTube add-on for Kodi for music as outlined in the opening post of the thread:
Quote:Currently all of my playlists have been migrated (as it advises you to do that when you open Google Play Music - as the service will soon be closed), and show in the Kodi Youtube addon - however any uploaded song won't play in the Youtube addon. It says it's private content or similar (despite me being logged in to Youtube).

So it's content made especially for YTM (not YT) and uploads that are the issue.

Does anyone know what is the best app for android apps like spotify Techbigs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Music0