• 129(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-07-12, 01:53)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 01:37)bsoriano Wrote: I can certainly implement this on a per-widget basis, so that you decide whether to have a shelf autoscroll or not, and I would provide a certain number of intervals.  What time options do you think would be appropriate? I was thinking 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 seconds.  What do you think?

With the one-row shelf limitation (Amber would only show the option if the shelf is one row), is this still something you would like to see? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I prefer the 1st method you mentioned, as well as the time intervals. That would be so awesome! Ignore the one row shelf limitation. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks. I will work on this in the next few days. I will let you know when it’s done.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-12, 01:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 01:53)shedrock Wrote:  

@shedrock, thanks. I will work on this in the next few days. I will let you know when it’s done.

Regards,

Bart
No problem Bart. Thank you.
(2020-07-09, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 07:31)Aaiemron Wrote: You've made a great skin. I really love it and it's getting better and better.

Question: Is it possible to make the vertical menubar a bit smaller with the small font? I know there is an option to make the font bigger, but personally I don't like that.
If you don't want that, can you please put me in the right direction to do it myself?
Thanks in advance
@Aaiemron , thank you for your kind words!

I was not planning on making the menu bar smaller (I imagine you mean narowwer than it is, correct?).  You are very welcome to mod the skin to what you prefer.  Please look in the file Includes_Vertical_Home.xml in the skin's 1080i folder.  There is the include Vertical_Home_Layout, which starts at line 121.  You can change the width of the images which make up the menu (common/ViewMenuHome.png), and the submenu blade (common/ViewMenu.png).

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

For my screen size the size is great. I was wondering if we are able to move that vertical list over to the left more? I was looking for this in the code but was unable to find the correct area. On my 65” tv it sits really far from the left side of the screen.
(2020-07-11, 22:21)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

As I recently finished one of the biggest changes I had pending from my 2020 To-Do list for Amber, I think it is finally time to submit the newest version to the Kodi repo. Please let me know if there is anything that you really would want to see in Amber that is not there now, so I can evaluate if I can incorporate that before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
A wish that I already mentioned last year concerns music.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2870485

When playing a song, it would be nice to have the possibility to display only the album cover (without the player) with the fanart in the background. It would be nice also that the album cover doesn't stay fixed and could move from right to left every 10 or 20 seconds (with an animation effect). Like some sort of screensaver.
I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice to have this feature.

Thanks in advance.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I just wanted to point out something to you. When I am in YouTube and choose "ICONS" as the view, whether it be Small of Large layout, 1 - The gap is too wide between the image and the description. I am not sure if that's intentional or not. 2 - There is not enough information regarding the actual video. I have attached the view from Aeon Nox SiLOVO skin so you can see the differences.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-12, 22:17)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I just wanted to point out something to you. When I am in YouTube and choose "ICONS" as the view, whether it be Small of Large layout, 1 - The gap is too wide between the image and the description. I am not sure if that's intentional or not. 2 - There is not enough information regarding the actual video. I have attached the view from Aeon Nox SiLOVO skin so you can see the differences.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for reporting this. The scaling of the images is different in Amber than in Silvo, thus the gap you see between the image and the description. I can evaluate changing the scaling, but I will have to see how it affects other media types.

As for the info, I can see that the year is not showing in Amber, I have to look at that and change the code so that it shows. I don't have any plans to add the end time, though.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-12, 11:38)Cyberdom Wrote:

As I recently finished one of the biggest changes I had pending from my 2020 To-Do list for Amber, I think it is finally time to submit the newest version to the Kodi repo. Please let me know if there is anything that you really would want to see in Amber that is not there now, so I can evaluate if I can incorporate that before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

When playing a song, it would be nice to have the possibility to display only the album cover (without the player) with the fanart in the background. It would be nice also that the album cover doesn't stay fixed and could move from right to left every 10 or 20 seconds (with an animation effect). Like some sort of screensaver.

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom, thanks for bringing this up. I looked at the code for Amber for Isengard and Jarvis, and I could not find anything like what you are mentioning. As I expressed when you asked for this before, I am not good with either graphic design or animations, so I will not be taking this on.

If you can find a skin that does something like what you would like, please let me know and I will study the code and see if I can adapt it for Amber. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-12, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 22:17)shedrock Wrote:  

@shedrock, thanks for reporting this. The scaling of the images is different in Amber than in Silvo, thus the gap you see between the image and the description. I can evaluate changing the scaling, but I will have to see how it affects other media types.

As for the info, I can see that the year is not showing in Amber, I have to look at that and change the code so that it shows. I don't have any plans to add the end time, though.

Regards,

Bart
I'm not too concerned about the end time, because it basically tells you the length of the clip. It would be nice to also see the Network name though, as it does in SiLVO, but it's not a game changer. Big Grin

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-12, 22:45)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 22:17)shedrock Wrote:  

Regards,

Bart
I'm not too concerned about the end time, because it basically tells you the length of the clip. It would be nice to also see the Network name though, as it does in SiLVO, but it's not a game changer. Big Grin

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , what do you think of this for regular size icons:

And this for small icons:

Does that look all right to you? I have included the year and the network (studio) as well.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-12, 04:56)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 07:31)Aaiemron Wrote: You've made a great skin. I really love it and it's getting better and better.

Question: Is it possible to make the vertical menubar a bit smaller with the small font? I know there is an option to make the font bigger, but personally I don't like that.
If you don't want that, can you please put me in the right direction to do it myself?
Thanks in advance
@Aaiemron , thank you for your kind words!

I was not planning on making the menu bar smaller (I imagine you mean narowwer than it is, correct?).  You are very welcome to mod the skin to what you prefer.  Please look in the file Includes_Vertical_Home.xml in the skin's 1080i folder.  There is the include Vertical_Home_Layout, which starts at line 121.  You can change the width of the images which make up the menu (common/ViewMenuHome.png), and the submenu blade (common/ViewMenu.png).

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

For my screen size the size is great. I was wondering if we are able to move that vertical list over to the left more? I was looking for this in the code but was unable to find the correct area. On my 65” tv it sits really far from the left side of the screen.
@derrgoo123 , if you look in the file Includes_Vertical_Home.xml in the skin's 1080i folder, there is an include named "VerticalMenuListContent", which starts at line 52.  Line 53 is the <left> tag.  You can change this to a lower value in order for the list to move to the left more.  

Please be advised that, since the labels (menu options) are right aligned, you will not be able to see much of a change when changing the <left> tag for that list.  You could, of course, align them differently.  The <align> tag is on line 73 for the <itemlayout> of the list, and line 85 for the <focusedlayout> of the list. 

You could also reduce the width of the background image for the main menu.  You can find this in the include "Vertical_Home_Layout" in the same file, starting at line 121..  The <width> tag for that image is at line 144.  If you do change this, please also change the left position of the widgets, so that they are flush against the menu.  The <left> tag for the widgets is at line 126.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-12, 23:36)bsoriano Wrote: Does that look all right to you? I have included the year and the network (studio) as well.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
That looks awesome! Thanks again Bart. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2020-07-12, 23:54)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 23:36)bsoriano Wrote: Does that look all right to you? I have included the year and the network (studio) as well.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
That looks awesome! Thanks again Bart. Big Grin

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you! Smile I will upload to GitHub as soon as I am done with the automatic scrolling code, most likely tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-13, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thank you! Smile I will upload to GitHub as soon as I am done with the automatic scrolling code, most likely tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you. I look forward to it. Smile
(2020-07-12, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 11:38)Cyberdom Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom, thanks for bringing this up. I looked at the code for Amber for Isengard and Jarvis, and I could not find anything like what you are mentioning. As I expressed when you asked for this before, I am not good with either graphic design or animations, so I will not be taking this on.

If you can find a skin that does something like what you would like, please let me know and I will study the code and see if I can adapt it for Amber. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

OK, thank you for the details @bsoriano.

I can no longer find in which version of Kodi or Amber this function existed. I have only a vague memory of it.
My wish would be just that the cover of an album does not remain fixed during the playing of a song.
Using only Estuary and Amber, I don't know of any other skin that offers something closer to what I'm looking for.

Long ago, I tried Aeon MQ 8 which had a lot of options but I found it complex compared to Amber which is simple to use.
From memory, in Aeon MQ 8, I no longer know if there was this system where the album cover could move but there were other animation options for playing music. For example, the CD coming out of the album cover and spinning.
@bsoriano - I know you're still working on it, but this scroll feature is totally awesome. I just spent the last 10 minutes testing it, ad it works great. My wife absolutely loves it. Big Grin

Oh, and the Icon view fix is fantastic as well.

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5