• 372(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-07-08, 08:41)Ozpeg Wrote: Does anyone know when Kodi V19 will be released ?
No date for final release, but we will be releasing v19 Alpha 1 within the next two weeks (all going to plan) along with v18.8
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi all,
I did some testing regarding Audio Codecs, this is what I found.

The pictures pretty much explains the problems I'm having. Maybe somebody can shed some light.
Sorry for the long post, but maybe this will help people with the same problem as me.
PS: I'm running the latest version of Media Companion.
Thanks Huh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
I was sure I'd fixed the AC-3 issue, but I've edited the code to correctly identify upper or lower case returned value.

Also, didn't realise the E-AC-3 issue.

Fix in place for the next release.

Note. You will need to do a batch rescrape of the media tags to update the nfo(s) affected.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I really like Media Companion for scraping my movies and would like to use it for scraping my TV Shows as well.  I am following the instructions on the how-to pages but my shows are failing to scrape.

I go to the folders view and add a show.  I have my shows in a \TV directory.  Inside the show directory are "Season 1", "Season 2" etc directories and the shows themselves look like "S01E01 - Show Title.mkv" within those directories.

I click on the "TV Show Selector" tab and it finds my show without any issue.  I then click on "Scrape Show with Selected Options" and I see the green text at the bottom appear to scrape the show.  I get a tvshow.nfo file that has the information about the whole show but it appears MediaCompanion can't seem to find any episodes for the show (even though they are all there).  The Main Browser displays my show, but it's name is grayed out.  Some have a blue "?" next to it and some have a red "X" next to it.

TinyMediaManager scrapes this whole TV Show repo just fine but there are some features in Media Companion I really like and would prefer to get it working for both movies and TV Shows.

In the Preferences > TV Preferences > Regex menu, is this used for anything?  It appears to jut be a Regex example editor.  Do I need to select anything in here?  I tried with defaults and I tried leaving just the regexs that match my episode naming, neither seemed to make any difference.

I'd appreciate any ideas.  I feel like I am missing something simple..
hey @vbat99 
I heard and then read there is a major update in Media Companion, sounds very cool and interesting!  Nod
Currently less to zero scraping on my side, but are there any "main topics" where you performed huge code changes you wanna have some stresstests & bugfindings?

Let you know, as first time Kodi user i was pretty unsatisfied with the built in scrapers because my need was more custom and extended as an ultranerd. Was short before going on an other Media Center platform and then just found Media Companion and all my needs was solved. Total control over all Metadata with a lot of features. Then later i startet several artwork related sub projects some of them fruited in the community. Long talk short you produced some kind of chain reaction^^ I just let you know, enjoy your free time and your family. You have programmed endless hours in MC so nice, of course any time for further maintaining/updates much appreciated from all MC users.  Smile
(2020-07-10, 21:57)chrissix Wrote: hey @vbat99 
I heard and then read there is a major update in Media Companion, sounds very cool and interesting!  Nod
Currently less to zero scraping on my side, but are there any "main topics" where you performed huge code changes you wanna have some stresstests & bugfindings?

Let you know, as first time Kodi user i was pretty unsatisfied with the built in scrapers because my need was more custom and extended as an ultranerd. Was short before going on an other Media Center platform and then just found Media Companion and all my needs was solved. Total control over all Metadata with a lot of features. Then later i startet several artwork related sub projects some of them fruited in the community. Long talk short you produced some kind of chain reaction^^ I just let you know, enjoy your free time and your family. You have programmed endless hours in MC so nice, of course any time for further maintaining/updates much appreciated from all MC users.  Smile

What major update are you speaking of?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Question:

I have a movie with no fanart on tmdb. I tried using screenshot at 10000 seconds and nothing happens. Am I missing a step?

Thanks
10000 seconds is 166 minutes. Probably at the end of the movie
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-07-13, 00:13)vbat99 Wrote: 10000 seconds is 166 minutes. Probably at the end of the movie

I over did a zero, I tried different numbers and none worked.
(2020-07-10, 21:57)chrissix Wrote: hey @vbat99 

Nope, haven't mentioned any major updates in MC. What/where was this mentioned?
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-07-12, 23:23)Edworld Wrote: Question:

I have a movie with no fanart on tmdb. I tried using screenshot at 10000 seconds and nothing happens. Am I missing a step?

Thanks

So I looked into this, and MC fails on screenshot if the movies was not scraped. EG, no media stream details.
I've resolved that for the next release, but could you paste in the affected movie's nfo. Wrap the nfo is the code marker to make it easier to view.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-07-10, 16:43)stauf Wrote: I really like Media Companion for scraping my movies and would like to use it for scraping my TV Shows as well.  I am following the instructions on the how-to pages but my shows are failing to scrape.

I go to the folders view and add a show.  I have my shows in a \TV directory.  Inside the show directory are "Season 1", "Season 2" etc directories and the shows themselves look like "S01E01 - Show Title.mkv" within those directories.

I click on the "TV Show Selector" tab and it finds my show without any issue.  I then click on "Scrape Show with Selected Options" and I see the green text at the bottom appear to scrape the show.  I get a tvshow.nfo file that has the information about the whole show but it appears MediaCompanion can't seem to find any episodes for the show (even though they are all there).  The Main Browser displays my show, but it's name is grayed out.  Some have a blue "?" next to it and some have a red "X" next to it.

TinyMediaManager scrapes this whole TV Show repo just fine but there are some features in Media Companion I really like and would prefer to get it working for both movies and TV Shows.

In the Preferences > TV Preferences > Regex menu, is this used for anything?  It appears to jut be a Regex example editor.  Do I need to select anything in here?  I tried with defaults and I tried leaving just the regexs that match my episode naming, neither seemed to make any difference.

I'd appreciate any ideas.  I feel like I am missing something simple..

As mentioned on the MC forum, MC is a two or three step scrape.
First scrape the Series data, if not OK, then use Change Series tab
Then when satisfied the series data is correct, click the Search for New button, or 'F3' key, to search for episodes.

Some managers and Kodi will get the series data and then scrape every episode within that series folder.
MC prefers the user validates the series is correct first.
Many times there could be two or more series of similar naming, so this stops excessive downloading of data for incorrect series episodes.

Enjoy.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-07-13, 10:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 23:23)Edworld Wrote: Question:

Thanks

So I looked into this, and MC fails on screenshot if the movies was not scraped. EG, no media stream details.
I've resolved that for the next release, but could you paste in the affected movie's nfo. Wrap the nfo is the code marker to make it easier to view.

https://pastebin.com/R6gRXhXs
Looks like a dvd stream in a movie container. I'll do a test tonight.
Media Companion Dev.
Mean a mkv container.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 372(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10