Android New Android TV Dongle from Google & Stick from Xiaomi
Can anyone please confirm what soc the mitvstick - 1 GB version has.

Some sellers websites are reporting s905y2 and some tech news sites report s805y2
(2020-07-14, 06:04)rollingrock Wrote: Can anyone please confirm what soc the mitvstick - 1 GB version has.

Some sellers websites are reporting s905y2 and some tech news sites report s805y2
S805Y
(2020-07-14, 07:08)The Brain Wrote:
(2020-07-14, 06:04)rollingrock Wrote: Can anyone please confirm what soc the mitvstick - 1 GB version has.

S805Y

Thanks, just amazing some sellers are deliberately writing on their product web pages the 1 gb version has an s905.
So, the Mi TV Stick is official here: https://www.mi.com/global/mi-tv-stick/

It feels like we are back in 2015 Tongue
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
ZERO word on the more powerful stick that everyone here is waiting on tho.
(2020-07-15, 16:24)shrugg1e Wrote: It feels like we are back in 2015 Tongue

Seriously though. I know 1080p is easy to run and still plenty for a lot of secondary setups. But 1gb ram reminds me of the Nexus Player, and that thing didn't age well.
Meh on this one; hope Google's version is better.
Turns out the new Xiaomi stick is meh for serious home theater users:

(2020-07-31, 01:31)hdmkv Wrote: Turns out the new Xiaomi stick is meh for serious home theater users:

Yeah that is the weaker stick of the 2 and the more powerful one hasn't really been seen anywhere so yeah. NOT surprised it sucks since its weaker hardware
Still waiting for sabrina vs shield tube

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/google-ch...-4-sabrina

Hope we can skip wifi and add ethernet using adapter?

Would i play all medias ? like shield?
Really interesting if sabrina google firmware will implement correct MediaCodec API, using the Amlogic chipset.

A loto of Google apps (like Netflix, Youtube and its Live Channels app) use exoplayer, that itself uses mediacodec api. So what will happen with interlaced videos (e.g. 1080i50) that are supposed to work with Live Channels app? 
Or google will use AMcodec here Big Grin

EDIT: it seems Deinterlacer problem got fixed on Android TV Pie 9.0 upgrade for Mi Box S (Amlogic chipset), for exoplayer based apps. Kodi doesn't use exoplayer, but maybe it has been fixed too?
More details and specs about sabrina

https://9to5google.com/2020/09/25/chrome...-unboxing/

There is a quad-core Amlogic CPU clocked at up to 1.9GHz paired with 2GB of RAM. Given the presence of Cortex-A55 cores, this is not the S905X2 (A53). Rather, it is the S905X3, which has slight performance improvements over its predecessor.

Getting fed up with my slow firestick 4k and the inability to pass through truehd 7.1 audio. Hopefully this one is able to otherwise I'll just get the shield tube
(2020-09-27, 22:09)chuci24 Wrote: More details and specs about sabrina

Getting fed up with my slow firestick 4k and the inability to pass through truehd 7.1 audio. Hopefully this one is able to otherwise I'll just get the shield tube

It will be a miracle if the AMLogic Firmware on the new Google Dongle supports any type of HD audio passthru.
5.1 DTS, DD, DD+, DD+/Atmos only.

ALL AMLogic chipset based devices these days running Android TV v8.1 Oreo or greater have no HD audio support.

(2020-09-27, 18:14)antony23 Wrote: Really interesting if sabrina google firmware will implement correct MediaCodec API, using the Amlogic chipset.

A loto of Google apps (like Netflix, Youtube and its Live Channels app) use exoplayer, that itself uses mediacodec api. So what will happen with interlaced videos (e.g. 1080i50) that are supposed to work with Live Channels app? 
Or google will use AMcodec here Big Grin

EDIT: it seems Deinterlacer problem got fixed on Android TV Pie 9.0 upgrade for Mi Box S (Amlogic chipset), for exoplayer based apps. Kodi doesn't use exoplayer, but maybe it has been fixed too?

Deinterlacing on AMLogic chipset devices running Android TV v9.0 Pie or greater appears to have been fixed. Even with Kodi using Mediacodec.

update Chromecast with Google TV support Dolby vision 
https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comm.../?sort=new

so the soc should be S905D3-J... strange amlogic  "D" variant.. usb DVB turner support ?!?

LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Android TV Dongle from Google & Stick from Xiaomi0