• 386(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I've checked them both, same result. What dependencies except RCB Service?
Hi I think urllib3 too  Cant remember other ones atm.

But if you install rcb from repository or as a zip, should install all of this.

Have you tried a clean kodi?

You could also try kodi 19 and the proper rcb for kodi 19 (matrix branch) on github.
Dear Malte, I hope you are fine

It's been quite some time since I've been using RCB, mostly because I moved. I used to have Kodi Krypton installed on my htpc with a slightly older version of RCB which ran great. However, since I switched to Kodi Leia, RCB doesn't launch any emulator at all. I see the message on the lower left corner of the screen, saying that the game is being launched, and sometimes even some shell window popping up for a fraction of a second, but then nothing happens. This happens with every emulator, be it a Retroarch core, MAME, Dolphin, NullDC, you name it. So I updated Kodi to 18.7 and RCB to the latest version seen in this thread (2.2.4), but still no luck. Have the launch parameters for the emulators changed (my config has been around since the early days of RCB)? Any ideas on what could cause this? I would really prefer not to reinstall everything.

Greetings from Zürich!
(2020-06-25, 14:22)AlexRyttel Wrote: Some more details:
I'm running Kodi 18.7 x64 on Windows 10
RCB saves it's program settings but can't create config.xml
Can't scrape, add or remove rom collections
Plugin creates subfolders for rom artwork just fine
Tried running Kodi as admin, no success.
Thats weird. I guess I never heard of an error like this before. Can you show me a Kodi debug log file after this happened?

(2020-07-02, 10:43)Girgl Wrote: It's been quite some time since I've been using RCB, mostly because I moved. I used to have Kodi Krypton installed on my htpc with a slightly older version of RCB which ran great. However, since I switched to Kodi Leia, RCB doesn't launch any emulator at all. I see the message on the lower left corner of the screen, saying that the game is being launched, and sometimes even some shell window popping up for a fraction of a second, but then nothing happens. This happens with every emulator, be it a Retroarch core, MAME, Dolphin, NullDC, you name it. So I updated Kodi to 18.7 and RCB to the latest version seen in this thread (2.2.4), but still no luck. Have the launch parameters for the emulators changed (my config has been around since the early days of RCB)? Any ideas on what could cause this? I would really prefer not to reinstall everything.
There have been some changes to config.xml but usually RCB should update your file automatically. Can you also show me a Kodi debug when this error occurs?
Hi @malte do you think is possible to add a small delay before playung the video for each game?

Maybe it could be a setting, like start playing video after 0, 1,2..5 seconds. So we can see the game images before the video.

Thanks
Hi malte,

I'm using RCB for years, and I made a kind of standalone release for personal use based on version 2.1.3 (12/2016). Everything is working fine, removed some functions that no longer worked, tweaked a few other things and well, is working, my programing knowledge is near zero Blush .
In that process I made several scripts to start some systems (computer systems), and send orders to the emulator depending on the extracted file sent by RCB.
This week I started doing the same, with the last stable version of Kodi and RCB (wich is great, thanks) and everything is working fine except for a few systems and I discovered my problem. My collections have the roms merged and old versions of RCB extracted only the chosed rom while the newest versions extract all the roms in the zip file and send the command to the emulator. That way some of my scrips don't work because they expect only 1 game in the tmp folder and that way it sends always the fist one to emulator.

There's a way to set RCB to extract only the desired file to the tmp folder instead all of them ?

Thanks

Well, after a lot of digging in the code I found how to change that:

Change RCB zip file extraction from all to selected:
in
launcher.py
change
archives = self.__getArchives(filext, rom, names)
to
archives = self.__getArchives(filext, rom, [names[chosenROM]])

Thanks
(2020-07-11, 23:10)trihy Wrote: Hi @malte do you think is possible to add a small delay before playung the video for each game?

Maybe it could be a setting, like start playing video after 0, 1,2..5 seconds. So we can see the game images before the video.

Thanks

Increase delay to start video:

in file:
script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml
change
<animation delay="500" effect="fade" start="100" end="100">Focus</animation>
to
<animation delay="3000" effect="fade" start="100" end="100">Focus</animation>

That way the delay is set to 3 seconds, I hope it helps  Blush
(2020-07-19, 21:10)Maleficium Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 23:10)trihy Wrote: Hi @malte do you think is possible to add a small delay before playung the video for each game?

Thanks

in file:
change
to

Hi. Thanks

Doesnt seem to make a difference. Even tried 5000 to make it more easy to test. 

Edit There are three animation delay, edited all of them, it`s working great now. Thanks.
(2020-07-25, 05:39)trihy Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 21:10)Maleficium Wrote:

Thanks

in file:
change
to

Hi. Thanks

Doesnt seem to make a difference. Even tried 5000 to make it more easy to test. 

Edit There are three animation delay, edited all of them, it`s working great now. Thanks.

Let me try to explain better, if I could Smile

There's one "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" for each RCB skin: Default, Embuary, Confluence and Arctic.Zephyr
You need to edit the one for the skin you're using or all of them.

Inside "script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml" there's three lines with "<animation delay="500" effect="fade" start="100" end="100">Focus</animation>", I changed all three.

Hope it helps.
Hi. Thanks. Yes, that worked great.

Im trying to figure it out how to scrap or at least scan ps3 games, since they all have the same eboot.bin name, rcb only show one of them and ignore the rest, because of the same name. If I can make rcb show all eboot.bin I could manually correct their names.
I had a few issues running RCB on Matrix branch, I added a PR (https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/pull/427 ping to @malte :-) ).

RCB started but couldn't import games due to a few removed methods from python3. If any of you are using matrix branch, you could manually do those changes (they're just a few lines), I've been running it for two days straight without issues after that patch.
(2020-07-27, 11:45)XayOn Wrote: I had a few issues running RCB on Matrix branch, I added a PR (https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/pull/427 ping to @malte :-) ).

RCB started but couldn't import games due to a few removed methods from python3. If any of you are using matrix branch, you could manually do those changes (they're just a few lines), I've been running it for two days straight without issues after that patch.

I've already seen your pr on github and think that rcb can need some helping hands. Thank you for your support Blush
(2020-07-19, 21:08)Maleficium Wrote: There's a way to set RCB to extract only the desired file to the tmp folder instead all of them ?

Well, after a lot of digging in the code I found how to change that:
Glad that you got it working. The archive part will be heavily reworked in the next release. I will switch to Kodis builtin archive support that is able to extract lots of additional archive formats. I am not 100% sure how the new code will work with your issue but iirc it will do what you want out of the box.

(2020-07-27, 11:45)XayOn Wrote: I had a few issues running RCB on Matrix branch, I added a PR (https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser/pull/427 ping to @malte :-) ).

Thanks! I will have a look at it and merge the PRs asap.

As kupo said, if you are interested in doing more work on RCB all help is welcome! Just note that there is one "active" branch with some open work that I did not yet merge into master (https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...e/launcher). It mainly addresses the launching part of RCB. Just PM me if you like.
Hi! 
Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I'm trying to add stand alone PC games and I've tried to follow the instructions as documented on Git.
Windows 10, latest Leia
I have a folder full of shortcuts, and a sub folder for artwork.  I installed RCB and on first run I choose to scrape info and artwork online, I choose Windows as the platform, for ROM path I choose the folder with all the shortcuts, then the empty artwork folder.  For file mask I use "*.lnk".  A dialog box pops up, looks like it's running through all the shortcuts, but then when it finishes it's a completely empty RCB screen...  Back in the shortcut folder it has added .nfo files for each shortcut, but those files are empty except for <title> and <platform>.  The artwork folder is still completely empty...
If a log or any other information would be helpful I'm happy to get that, just let me know...
I REALLY appreciate any help!
(2020-08-07, 00:44)jaydash Wrote: Hi! 
Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I'm trying to add stand alone PC games and I've tried to follow the instructions as documented on Git.
Windows 10, latest Leia
I have a folder full of shortcuts, and a sub folder for artwork.  I installed RCB and on first run I choose to scrape info and artwork online, I choose Windows as the platform, for ROM path I choose the folder with all the shortcuts, then the empty artwork folder.  For file mask I use "*.lnk".  A dialog box pops up, looks like it's running through all the shortcuts, but then when it finishes it's a completely empty RCB screen...  Back in the shortcut folder it has added .nfo files for each shortcut, but those files are empty except for <title> and <platform>.  The artwork folder is still completely empty...
If a log or any other information would be helpful I'm happy to get that, just let me know...
I REALLY appreciate any help!

Are you using the latest version of RCB? The one in kodi repo is outdated. Download directly from github instead but take care of the different branches, depending on which kodi you use (leia or matrix).
And which online-scraper do you use? Did you try with thegamesdb?
  • 386(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20