• 18(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
@drinfernoo

...need your help, again.

I`ve shortcut group (named "YouTube for the wife" ) and tried to make a backup, but got an error message and the created ZIP-folder was without content; Debug Link: kodi.log

(2020-07-18, 09:08)sus67 Wrote: @drinfernoo

I`ve shortcut group (named "YouTube for the wife" ) and tried to make a backup, but got an error message and the created ZIP-folder was without content; Debug Link: kodi.log

Can you try this version for me? I've added a fix that may make it work, but I'm not sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7LFIeF...sp=sharing

It will show up as CURRENT_VERSION, but is the same as stable 1.6.8, plus the potential zip fix.

EDIT: I tried this out quickly on my Shield, and was able to successfully make a backup zip. If you can confirm the fix as well, then we'll be fine, because it's already implemented in the 2.0 changes.
(2020-07-18, 15:36)drinfernoo Wrote:

Can you try this version for me? I've added a fix that may make it work, but I'm not sure.

It will show up as CURRENT_VERSION, but is the same as stable 1.6.8, plus the potential zip fix.

your fix working fine and the backup-ZIP was with content =  .group file

But test with Restore had trouble -> qizitajaze.kodi (paste)

Thank you
(2020-07-18, 17:10)sus67 Wrote:
(2020-07-18, 15:36)drinfernoo Wrote:

your fix working fine and the backup-ZIP was with content =  .group file

But test with Restore had trouble -> qizitajaze.kodi (paste)

Thank you

Ah, I'll tackle that one next Big Grin

EDIT: Can you try this one for me? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lzR9aRs...sp=sharing It appears to work fine for me for both backups and restores, on my Shield.

This should also hopefully be fixed on devrepo builds from now on as well Big Grin
Alright, everyone, it's that time again! Today I am pleased to announce AutoWidget 2.0.0! A number of things have been changed, including how AutoWidgets are created and used, so I hope you guys will like the changes Big Grin

I've made a video that goes over the bulk of the changes, including the removal of the "initialization" phase, the addition of "static" path widgets, the ability to have dynamically "paged" widgets, which update their content on-the-fly, and to "merge" paths into a single widget with mixed content.

PLEASE BE WARNED BEFORE UPDATING:

This is a major update, and while I wish it didn't have to be this way, groups and paths created in older versions will likely need to be recreated, if errors arise. This is definitely the case for widgets. Old widgets that you had set up will probably just stay on whatever path they are on now, but in order to use AutoWidgets again, you'll need to point the widget again. The easiest way to "start fresh" is to remove any widgets from your skin that would be AutoWidgets, and then choose "Wipe Add-on Data" from either the Tools menu or settings for AutoWidget.

How about the widget label?

Keen observers will notice that in my video, I didn't show the label updating... And that's because it's a bit trickier than before. In order to do so, you'll need to get the "container ID" for whichever widget you want to change the label of. In @jurialmunkey's skins, and maybe others, you can use an action with the following path (I put it on my power menu): Skin.ToggleSetting(debuginfo). After toggling the overlay, you can focus the widget to see the ID (among other information, usually) displayed on the screen.

You can then use this container ID in the following InfoLabel: $INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.Property(autoLabel)], replacing "ID" with the one you found earlier. Simply use that as your widget label in Skin Shortcuts, and you're done!

What about ListItem Properties?

First off, if you don't know what "ListItem Properties" means, this section is likely not for you. Secondly, if you find that certain context menu options or labels are unavailable to your skin while using AutoWidget (or wish to use TMDbHelper's "random"-styled paths as widgets with updating labels), then this section probably is for you. Due to missing functionality in Kodi Leia 18.x and before, it was impossible for me to maintain those particular functionalities in all cases, while still implementing all of the new features I wanted to. If you find yourself in this position, update to a Matrix nightly release (or stable, once we get to that point, as the necessary changes have already been merged).

Where's my update?

I'm clicking "push" now Big Grin
Ohhh, well this is now working perfectly on Xonfluence. No more crashing on Initialize widget.
Loving the next page button behavior that stays on the widget without opening a new window. Sweet!! Ill continue testing with other skins. Nice work!
(2020-07-23, 15:01)jdig4240 Wrote: Ohhh, well this is now working perfectly on Xonfluence. No more crashing on Initialize widget.
Loving the next page button behavior that stays on the widget without opening a new window. Sweet!! Ill continue testing with other skins. Nice work!

For what it's worth, I've tested in Embuary, Xonfluence, AZ2, Arctic Horizon, Aeon Nox SiLVO, AuraMOD, and maybe even a few others Big Grin Possibly not perfect behavior in every instance, but in every instance I tried they worked out in the end Smile
Q, any difference if you choose the autowidget from Program addons, or Video addons? I see AW shows up in Video addons now also. Should we be setting the skin shortcuts through video addons for movie widgets? Or does it matter? Program addons for shortcut widgets perhaps? What are your thoughts on that?
(2020-07-23, 19:28)jdig4240 Wrote: Q, any difference if you choose the autowidget from Program addons, or Video addons? I see AW shows up in Video addons now also. Should we be setting the skin shortcuts through video addons for movie widgets? Or does it matter? Program addons for shortcut widgets perhaps? What are your thoughts on that?

For the time being, there is no difference. I just thought it'd make it a little more convenient, especially for people who use skins that don't allow linking to a program add-on directly (like Embuary).
When using Shortcut groups there is some clipping on the thumbs which never used to happen. In the example below I'm using a square shortcut where in a previous release it would justify the icon based on the width, now it just seems to use the height which clips the sides of the logo. Could this either be reverted or an option be included to avoid this?

(2020-07-24, 18:09)FXB78 Wrote: When using Shortcut groups there is some clipping on the thumbs which never used to happen. In the example below I'm using a square shortcut where in a previous release it would justify the icon based on the width, now it just seems to use the height which clips the sides of the logo. Could this either be reverted or an option be included to avoid this?

Try setting the icon as "thumb" Big Grin
(2020-07-25, 18:30)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-07-24, 18:09)FXB78 Wrote: When using Shortcut groups there is some clipping on the thumbs which never used to happen. In the example below I'm using a square shortcut where in a previous release it would justify the icon based on the width, now it just seems to use the height which clips the sides of the logo. Could this either be reverted or an option be included to avoid this?

Try setting the icon as "thumb" Big Grin
I tried setting it as thumb and that didn't work either, however I managed to figure out that by leaving it as icon & deleting fanart it gave me the result I was looking for Smile
drinfernoo, so updating from 1.68, to 2.02 broke all my shortcut groups. Can you think of any way to edit the groups manually to make them compatible again to avoid recreating all my shortcuts, or are they dead for good? Lol. By looking at it it seems quite a bit changed with labels like "target": "shortcut", etc, so im guessing its not feasible huh. So i guess my next question before i redo all my shortcut groups again, do you think a future update will break them again? Should I hold off until its more of a final version? Thanks.
(2020-07-28, 06:39)jdig4240 Wrote: drinfernoo, so updating from 1.68, to 2.02 broke all my shortcut groups. Can you think of any way to edit the groups manually to make them compatible again to avoid recreating all my shortcuts, or are they dead for good? Lol. By looking at it it seems quite a bit changed with labels like "target": "shortcut", etc, so im guessing its not feasible huh. So i guess my next question before i redo all my shortcut groups again, do you think a future update will break them again? Should I hold off until its more of a final version? Thanks.

Unfortunately the new schema is just too different to feasibly "convert" groups. I don't anticipate any more group breaking changes, unless a potential 3.0.0 requires them.
Just to confirm, is it just the Groups that break, or do all the Shortcuts inside get broken or lost too?

That would be a pity with dozens and dozens of Shortcuts already made inside those Groups...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1