Solved Seasons S02 thru S06 of FX series The Americans will not scrape from theTVDB
Seasons S02 thru S06 of FX series The Americans will not scrape from theTVDB.

Kodi switched everybody to moviedb a while back when tvdb was making changes.  I switched and it worked for The Americans , however,  moviedb is incomplete as far as older tv shows go.  I got a lot of mis-scans on tv shows from moviedb so I switched back.  TheTVdb is far more comprehensive.

I've played with file naming, but nothing works.  Season 1 loads fine, but nothing from S02 thru S06 will scrape when a Kodi library update is performed.  I'm not having issues with any other shows from the TVdb.  Is there anything in the actual database for The Americans that can be checked that might be blocking S02 - S06?  Any ideas?

I'm running LibreElec 9.2.3, Kodi 18.7 Git 18.7.1-Leia.  I had the same problem on Kodi 17.
If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's confusing The Americans (2013) (the series you actually mean I think) with The Americans - a series from 1961. Have a look at the meta-data from the scraped first series and see if I'm right.

The 1961 series only has one season, whereas the 2013 one has six.

To fix, try renaming the folder of the show to "The Americans (2013)" and then scrape it again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-08-01, 17:08)DarrenHill Wrote: If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's confusing The Americans (2013) (the series you actually mean I think) with The Americans - a series from 1961. Have a look at the meta-data from the scraped first series and see if I'm right.

The 1961 series only has one season, whereas the 2013 one has six.

To fix, try renaming the folder of the show to "The Americans (2013)" and then scrape it again.
Thanks,

That solved the problem.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seasons S02 thru S06 of FX series The Americans will not scrape from theTVDB0