• 19(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-07-28, 22:20)jmh2002 Wrote: Just to confirm, is it just the Groups that break, or do all the Shortcuts inside get broken or lost too?

That would be a pity with dozens and dozens of Shortcuts already made inside those Groups...
All my Shortcuts were broken, I don't think I could even get into the groups.
(2020-07-28, 22:27)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 22:20)jmh2002 Wrote: Just to confirm, is it just the Groups that break, or do all the Shortcuts inside get broken or lost too?

That would be a pity with dozens and dozens of Shortcuts already made inside those Groups...

Ok pity, thanks for the info.

I'll try moving some items to Kodi Favourites before taking the Auto Widget update so that they can more easily be re-added to Auto Widget thereafter.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2020-07-28, 23:29)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 22:27)FXB78 Wrote:

Ok pity, thanks for the info.

I'll try moving some items to Kodi Favourites before taking the Auto Widget update so that they can more easily be re-added to Auto Widget thereafter.

Yeah, unfortunately... The code required to keep compatibility between both versions would've been either very difficult or impossible to maintain in the long run. It was a necessary change, though... and opens the door for a lot of other neat things coming in the future Smile
Hi @drinfernoo you have one pull request in Github.
Hey, everyone! Today I've pushed 2.1.0, which adds new add-on artwork, icon "themes", which you can set in settings, and vastly improves the "Active Widgets" menu, as well as squashing a few other bugs I've found along the way Big Grin

EDIT: Oh yeah, and before anyone asks, I do intend on letting you change color theme per-widget Wink
(2020-07-31, 17:47)drinfernoo Wrote: Hey, everyone! Today I've pushed 2.1.0, which adds new add-on artwork, icon "themes", which you can set in settings, and vastly improves the "Active Widgets" menu, as well as squashing a few other bugs I've found along the way Big Grin

EDIT: Oh yeah, and before anyone asks, I do intend on letting you change color theme per-widget Wink
New artwork looks great, very polished. What's the 'Icon Color' option in Settings, it just throws an error?

This is what I see in the log:

Code:
                                      NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ mode: set_color ]
                                      ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/main.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                router.dispatch(_plugin, _handle, _params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/router.py", line 138, in dispatch
                                                utils.set_color()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/utils.py", line 126, in set_color
                                                choice = dialog.yesno('AutoWidget', utils.get_string(32133),
                                            NameError: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-07-31, 17:58)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 17:47)drinfernoo Wrote: Hey, everyone! Today I've pushed 2.1.0, which adds new add-on artwork, icon "themes", which you can set in settings, and vastly improves the "Active Widgets" menu, as well as squashing a few other bugs I've found along the way Big Grin

New artwork looks great, very polished. What's the 'Icon Color' option in Settings, it just throws an error?

This is what I see in the log:

Code:
                                      NOTICE: plugin.program.autowidget: [ mode: set_color ]
                                      ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/main.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                router.dispatch(_plugin, _handle, _params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/router.py", line 138, in dispatch
                                                utils.set_color()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/utils.py", line 126, in set_color
                                                choice = dialog.yesno('AutoWidget', utils.get_string(32133),
                                            NameError: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Ah, crud! That's my mistake, but will fix shortly.

"Icon Color" changes the color of various icons throughout the add-on (like a "theme"), including menu icons and the next/previous page icons, and can be set to any of the colors defined in CSS5 (color codes like limegreen, crimson, or darkmagenta), or any arbitrary (valid) hexadecimal color code.

For a list of compatible color codes, see the same source I used: https://www.rapidtables.com/web/css/css-color.html

I'll get a 2.1.1 hotfix pushed within the hour.

EDIT: Fixed in 2.1.1.
And in 2.1.2, I went ahead and added per-widget coloring for the page icons Big Grin The color will default to whatever is set in settings at the time of widget creation, but can be changed after the fact from the "Active Widgets" dialog.
Drinfernoo, noticed a bug with shortcut groups. It seems the edit label isnt working. If I go to a shotcut in a shortcut group and choose edit path and change label, it doesnt change the label of the shotcut in the group, it stays on the default label that was originally added. Same issue when initially adding to autowidgets and setting the label.
(2020-08-02, 05:05)jdig4240 Wrote: Drinfernoo, noticed a bug with shortcut groups. It seems the edit label isnt working. If I go to a shotcut in a shortcut group and choose edit path and change label, it doesnt change the label of the shotcut in the group, it stays on the default label that was originally added. Same issue when initially adding to autowidgets and setting the label.
+1
(2020-07-16, 16:32)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-07-16, 16:08)sus67 Wrote: @drinfernoo

can you support, please.

Pic#1: Missing sorting feature (file; size; date; name) in AutoWidget like in the default Skin.
Pic#2: My Groups shortcuts with music-videos from NAS-storage indicate crazy size info in AutoWidget and it was not possible to play  music videos > 1 GB  = qokucimeso.kodi (paste)

The rest working fine with your awesome Addon, thank you.

That appears to be a shortcut group with shortcuts to each file? If so, then no sorting is applied, as it's left to the user to maintain their own ordering.

With regards to file size, I suppose it's possible I'm reading it wrong... I'll have a look.
@drinfernoo

would be nice you can fix this open matter according Post#252  ("files size issue") in AW 2.1.2, too.

Thank you
I'll be taking a deeper look at shortcut groups this week.
(2020-08-02, 15:54)drinfernoo Wrote: I'll be taking a deeper look at shortcut groups this week.

Thanks for fixing the labels, works when making new shortcuts, but still cant change labels on shortcuts that were previously made with 2.1.2. No biggie.
But i can get around it by deleting the "Title" line in the favorite. Then the editing works again.
(2020-08-03, 02:52)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-08-02, 15:54)drinfernoo Wrote: I'll be taking a deeper look at shortcut groups this week.

Thanks for fixing the labels, works when making new shortcuts, but still cant change labels on shortcuts that were previously made with 2.1.2. No biggie.

I am able to. What isn't working for you?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1