Solved Does Kodi update /write to the NFO in the movie folder?
For example, if I mark a movie as watched in kodi, does it update the NFO, and do I then see that movie in TMM marked as watched as well? I tried this and updated sources, and I did not see this happen.
No. Kodi does not write to the nfo files.

It only creates nfo files when you run the Export command.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-30, 23:12)Karellen Wrote: No. Kodi does not write to the nfo files.

It only creates nfo files when you run the Export command.

ok thanks, so if mark it as watched in tmm, then transfer to kodi, it will show as watched. but if I add it to koodi unwatched, then watch it, that will not register in tmm...
Correct. In Kodi you will have to run an Export to Separate Files, then force TMM to read the updated nfo files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-31, 21:32)Karellen Wrote: Correct. In Kodi you will have to run an Export to Separate Files, then force TMM to read the updated nfo files.

Ok, TY Smile
Alternatively, you could use 3rd party services like http://trakt.tv.
The Kodi plugin automatically tracks your watches, which in return can be synced back with TMM...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-08-02, 19:37)myron Wrote: Alternatively, you could use 3rd party services like http://trakt.tv.
The Kodi plugin automatically tracks your watches, which in return can be synced back with TMM...

oh nice, I've seen that trakt.tv option in tmm lots and was wondering what that was. thx Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi update /write to the NFO in the movie folder?0