Req Movie image without contrast, without intense black when using Kodi
Exclamation 
Good evening everyone,

I had some problems on my PC that made me format it. So I had to install Kodi plus MQ8 from scratch
After reinstalling the Kodi Leia 18.8 version and the MQ8 skin, I noticed that the images of the films /TV Shows lost their contrast that intense black disappeared, so the image is grayed out.
The curious thing is that when playing the same movie on the external player, such as the K-Lite Codec Pack, the image is perfect, with intense black.
My impression is that the problem must be in some configuration within Kodi, since the problem does not happen in an external player.
Could anyone tell me where can I adjust the settings in Kodi to get back to the vivid contrast that was before?
My video card is an AMD RX-550 with the latest driver installed - Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2

Thank you.
Could be any number of issues, but start off with this and ensure your PC>KODI>TV chain is correctly set... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/D...816-235.29
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thumbs Up 
(2020-08-04, 02:46)Karellen Wrote: Could be any number of issues, but start off with this and ensure your PC>KODI>TV chain is correctly set... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/D...816-235.29

Hi,
Thanks for your cooperation.
Problem solved.
There was an incompatibility between my GPU and Kodi.
The GPU is with Pixel Format rendering while on Kodi (path: Settings-Playback-Videos-Render Method) it was set to AUTO DETECT, so on Kodi I changed it to PIXEL SHADERS. So the GPU and Kodi are now compatible.

I restored the image with the powerful contrast that was there before.
Thanks;

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie image without contrast, without intense black when using Kodi0