• 87(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Hi, and thanks for your great job cguZZMan.

Is it possible to make add complatible with shortcuts to drive files ? When I trying to open it I get error " Only files with binary contents can be downloaded", I guess addon try to download the shortcut file instead of the target file.
Like i say guys use rclone
https://rclone.org/drive/
and mount gdrive like a virtual local disk, and then you can do anything that you can do with your real disk. Its not hard to set this up
@oppala Source mode is currently not working due to changes on Google Drive API. I'm keeping the option still available since there is a possible way to play videos using transcoding, but it will not work for other non-playable files. So, it is still a work on progress.

@ZeDinis can you go to github and create an enhancement request? Shortcuts were recently added to google drivea and it can be implemented in a future.
Well ... The addon is excellent as always. Even more I think that the little adjustment is missing it ignoring the file extension is saving the .strm files.
Wrong: We Die Young (2019).mkv.strm
Right:   We Die Young (2019).strm

Maybe that way, for those who use video in a single folder, without a subfolder, Kodi can read the .info files. But within everything we have in the addon, this is not something of fundamental importance for use.
With Xiaomi Mi Box S, running latest android available for the box:
1) Kodi 18.0 (with the newer versions I get a 20 seconds  stop for each 5 minutes of video playback) :
2) On Kodi 18.7 (latest one available though Play Store for the Xiaomi Mi Box S)
My internet connection is ok. 

What should I do?
Virus detected
Backdoor:ASP/Chopper.ZZ
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.clouddrive.common\clouddrive\common\service\rpc.py

Backdoor:ASP/Chopper.ZZ
Detected by Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Aliases: No associated aliases

Summary
Windows Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

This threat can give a malicious hacker unauthorized access and control of your PC.

Find out ways that malware can get on your PC.
French Kodi translator on Weblate
(2020-08-03, 05:47)oppala Wrote: i found that I can add http://localhost:8587/source to Kodi, to display the arts of the movies, and also the information about it.
It works perfect, except for not playing the movies. I found some mates with the same problem -here-
I'm having the exact same problem, I can navigate through folders, see everything, scrape the whole library into Kodi, but when I click on any movie (or file from the folder structure) it loads for some seconds and then it doesn't do anything, taking me back to where I was. (This on a Fire Stick 4k, on other devices I found no problem so far).

Did you manage to solve the problem somehow? Thank you
(2020-08-06, 15:27)cguZZMan Wrote: @oppala Source mode is currently not working due to changes on Google Drive API. I'm keeping the option still available since there is a possible way to play videos using transcoding, but it will not work for other non-playable files. So, it is still a work on progress.

@ZeDinis can you go to github and create an enhancement request? Shortcuts were recently added to google drivea and it can be implemented in a future.

Hi, is your add-ons suport Kodi 19 @ phyton 3??
I got "source too slow" notification when playing 4K HDR movies, playback is lagging and choppy.
But if I play direct from Solid Explorer's Google Drive normally, no lag.
I tried increase cache in advancedsettings.xml but nothing change.
(2020-08-10, 04:35)gilsonsjc Wrote: With Xiaomi Mi Box S, running latest android available for the box:
1) Kodi 18.0 (with the newer versions I get a 20 seconds  stop for each 5 minutes of video playback) :
2) On Kodi 18.7 (latest one available though Play Store for the Xiaomi Mi Box S)
My internet connection is ok. 

What should I do?
Use 17.6 (download the apk) It workings nicely even with remux files. I got no luck using this addon in my Mi Box after Kodi 18.
I have a google account for this with two folders, one for movies, and one for TV. How do I make these seperate folders a source and not the whole drive?
(2020-08-06, 15:00)Doktor-X Wrote: Like i say guys use rclone
https://rclone.org/drive/
and mount gdrive like a virtual local disk, and then you can do anything that you can do with your real disk. Its not hard to set this up

Hi. I somehow am familiar with rclone because a google colab notebook i use has it. I mainly use rclone to link my gdrives together - copying files over to the other vice versa. I know how to create a config file for it. But I don't know how to use rclone, gdrive, and mibox together to achieve the ability to mount my remote drive as a virtual disk on my mibox. To be clear, am able to use this addon (v1.3.6) and I can access my teamdrive as well as "My Drive" without a problem. I'm just clueless on how to implement your suggestion regarding mounting a teamdrive as a virtual disk on mibox using rclone+mibox+gdrive combination. I would very much appreciate knowing how to do this on my mibox3.
@niltoncrf that's a enhancement planned to be developed in following months. 

@gilsonsjc @kakahoho  I believe we had this conversation before, but the error is between kodi and your box. I will try to put an option so everybody can test a google drive video without the addon so it can be finally clear that the addon has nothing to do with playing errors like source too slow or any other related issues.

@skypichat the code is there. go ahead and analyze it and let us know if something needs to be improved or changed.

@"eltionet" @swordman924  source mode is not working as of now.

@omaramiromo not for now. will be compatible with kodi 19 when time is right.
Please clarify, photos from photos.google.com are available or not? If not, is it planned? I am unable to see my google photos.
They are available. As said before, enter the addon thru the Pictures option. Google Photos option menu will be there as soon you select your account.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7