Alpha Singular
Looking really good! gj so far Shocked
Hi,

Any update on beta release?
(2020-08-08, 23:47)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

This is my very first attempt at making a skin for Kodi and as such the code is absolutely horrendous  Blush I've learnt a lot in the six or so months since I started making it and have decided to rewrite the skin using what I now know to make the code cleaner and easier to maintain.

I'm hoping to release an early beta within the next month..... If all goes to plan Big Grin
(2020-08-09, 08:56)roidy Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 23:47)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

This is my very first attempt at making a skin for Kodi and as such the code is absolutely horrendous  Blush I've learnt a lot in the six or so months since I started making it and have decided to rewrite the skin using what I now know to make the code cleaner and easier to maintain.

I'm hoping to release an early beta within the next month..... If all goes to plan Big Grin

Cannot wait! Looks already great Smile
Updated first post......

Alpha-0.1 has been released into the wild
Failed to install a dependency. 
Failed to install from zip file
Strange, it installs fine on a fresh install of Kodi 18.8 for me.... Does your log say what dependency failed to install? Could you post your log please.
installs on 18.6 for me , however , the "addons" section is just a black screen so I can't add any plugins and I selesct "add videos" in the media section ( to add my own content) skin freezes , so basically as yet I can't use it ?
(2020-09-06, 15:18)ontap Wrote: installs on 18.6 for me , however , the "addons" section is just a black screen so I can't add any plugins and I selesct "add videos" in the media section ( to add my own content) skin freezes , so basically as yet I can't use it ?

From the first post:-
Quote:Missing:-
  • Fullscreen player controls / seekbar
  • Picture section
  • Add-on section, pretty much anything to do with add-ons is missing
  • A ton of dialog windows are still missing
  • No keyboard yet
  • Much much more.......
This is why it's an alpha release and not a final release, stuff is missing... If you don't have a library already set up or need to add content then switch to Estuary skin, set up your library and then switch back. The missing sections will be coming soon.... I promise Big Grin
Super tx , duh I never thought of doing it that way.
(2020-09-06, 14:59)Aaiemron Wrote: Failed to install a dependency. 
Failed to install from zip file
I don't know what happened yet, but now it's installed. I think it was a problem on my side. Sorry and thank you.
Looking good so far.
Only got Matrix Shields in use, so cant test Sad
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I like the side animations on menu views, no controls yet for pausing or exiting a video , so will wait for future updates , but looks good.
(2020-09-06, 19:07)Raitsa Wrote: Only got Matrix Shields in use, so cant test Sad

Umm... that got me thinking, there should be nothing stopping it from running on Matrix apart from the xbmc.gui version number, try this version and see, but please be aware that a lot of features are still missing:-

https://github.com/roidy/skin.singular/r...matrix.zip
(2020-09-06, 19:12)ontap Wrote: I like the side animations on menu views, no controls yet for pausing or exiting a video , so will wait for future updates , but looks good.

Yep, full screen player controls are next on the list, so look out for an update in the next few days ;D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Singular1