IPTV AU by mattuisman/slyguy
So it looks like the old-matthuisman-now-slyguy addon IPTV AU is broken? I first noticed it when the favorites I have setup stopped working. I reinstalled a couple of times. When I eventually went into the addon itself, a whole bunch of channels are now missing. All the 9/7/10/SBS channels are gone, and most of the ABC channels. I'm seeing this is on multiple systems. Is there something odd at my end or is anyone else seeing the same thing?

(And after poking around a bit, I see @mattuisman is back on board)
(2020-07-01, 13:06)quinndexter Wrote: So it looks like the old-matthuisman-now-slyguy addon IPTV AU is broken? I first noticed it when the favorites I have setup stopped working. I reinstalled a couple of times. When I eventually went into the addon itself, a whole bunch of channels are now missing. All the 9/7/10/SBS channels are gone, and most of the ABC channels. I'm seeing this is on multiple systems. Is there something odd at my end or is anyone else seeing the same thing?

(And after poking around a bit, I see @mattuisman is back on board)

Working for me on both kodi 18 and 19.
Huh, weird. Now both are back to normal.  For the record, this happened on two machines, Win10 (18.5) and Ubuntu (18.7).  But they're both all good now, so... please ignore!
Hey I have a problem on Kodi 18 and 19 with with the pvr. 7 and 7two won't open but in the video addon they open.
Let me know if they work on yours.

Thanks
the Freeview AU API went down for a few hours last night.
That is used to scrape most of the data about the channels.
So those channels disappeared.
I'll update it today to use previous data in case of failure.

FYI - it's not the add-on that broke.
It gets a file containing the channels each time you open it Smile
(2020-07-01, 23:11)matthuisman Wrote: FYI - it's not the add-on that broke.

Yeah, I'm aware it fetches the channels from elsewhere. I realised putting "broken" in the title was unnecessarily harsh, but couldn't work out how to edit it. Thanks for the explanation on what went wrong, thanks for deciding to implement a fix for next time, and thanks as always for the awesome addon.
(2020-07-02, 11:43)quinndexter Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 23:11)matthuisman Wrote: FYI - it's not the add-on that broke.

Yeah, I'm aware it fetches the channels from elsewhere. I realised putting "broken" in the title was unnecessarily harsh, but couldn't work out how to edit it. Thanks for the explanation on what went wrong, thanks for deciding to implement a fix for next time, and thanks as always for the awesome addon.

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if you could help, I am based in the UK and have been using your raw-tv.m3u8 links to capture the ABC stream.
All has worked well up to last week and I now get the message access denied on this server.

IPTV AU works in Kodi for ABC, just need to record as I am 9 hours behind.

Thanks for all your work with these addons.

Cheers

Steve
ABC changed their tokens to only last 10 mins.
Therefore, the ABC streams now only work via the add-on as that can generate it's own token
(2020-08-09, 10:06)matthuisman Wrote: ABC changed their tokens to only last 10 mins.
Therefore, the ABC streams now only work via the add-on as that can generate it's own token

Thanks Matt, is it possible to record this stream from the add-on in Kodi?

Youtube downloader add-on cannot record and when using VLC player as external player will not play stream.

Cheers

Steve
(2020-08-09, 10:17)stevepen Wrote: Thanks Matt, is it possible to record this stream from the add-on in Kodi?

No. A long time ago there existed 'iView Downloader' which ended up getting a C&D from ABC's lawyers, we don't want that happening with the add-on.
Channel 10 have added a new channel, 10 Shake. It appears to be available through https://www.freeview.com.au/ Any plans to add this to IPTV AU?
Already added a week ago. Did you check?
(2020-10-09, 19:30)matthuisman Wrote: Already added a week ago. Did you check?

Argh, my bad. I usually access channels through setup widgets, to keep the channel groups organised, so was just seeing as below. So, nevermind, and thank you as always.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV AU by mattuisman/slyguy0