Is it possible to change the generated NFO file name and nothing else?
I store media info in my movie file names (Bluray-1080p, etc.) as another way of tracking the quality and other info for each file and recently downloaded Ember Media Manager to generate and manage my NFO files.

I'd like to keep my movie file naming scheme but change the name Ember Media Manager uses just for the NFO files it creates. Because I often replace media with upgrades, etc., I'd like the NFO file to just state the movie title and year so that when a movie file upgrades (for instance, from web to Bluray), the existing file will still be applicable for that movie/file.

Thanks!
Are you then using Kodi to scan the nfo files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-13, 12:51)Karellen Wrote: Are you then using Kodi to scan the nfo files?

Kodi and Plex - depending on the use case and device. I'm hoping I can start using NFO to manage the metadata and synchronize collections, etc. for each device, regardless of which software it's running.

Edit: What currently happens to the metadata generated by EMM if I upgrade a file? Will it generate new metadata saved under the new file name (The Avengers Bluray vs The Avengers WEB-DL) and delete the old metadata?
If you are using the files for Kodi (no idea what Plex needs), then there are two ways to name the nfo file...

The long format which matches the filename of the video exactly, except it has the nfo extension eg. A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014).nfo
or
movie.nfo but this requires you to use movie folders and have the setting Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title enabled in Kodi.

What you want to do in your first post won't work with Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to change the generated NFO file name and nothing else?0