• 22(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-08-17, 16:46)ArcticBeast Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 19:00)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 18:14)ArcticBeast Wrote: AutoWidget is not cooperating with PVR IPTV Simple Client.

I will make this short as possible.

I made shortcut widgets out of PVR channels with AutoWidget and put them into Home screen submenu.

When I check AutoWidget settings it shows that it will open "file: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_xxxxxxxxxx.pvr"

If I open that channel through PVR it works, if I open it through AutoWidget from above mentioned Home screen submenu it dims screen for 0.1s and lights it up again, it won't open any channel.

Tested on my 8+ months old Kodi build and on completely resetted Kodi build. Skin is Arctic Zephyr 2. Happens on my both Android TV 9 Box and Tablet. I don't see any need of uploading any log files, completely resetted Kodi 18.7 with only Arctic Zephyr 2 + PVR Client v3.9.8 + AutoWidget 2.3.3 is enough to reproduce this annoying bug. At the begining it will work but as soon as you start adding more widgets or after you restart Kodi it will start with this annoying behaviour.

​​​​​Thanks to author of this amazing Add-on. I hope this can be fixed soon.
It works as long as you don't reset the PVR causing it to reassign new channel ID's. You must have a setting selected which resets PVR Channels on boot.
Oh, it might be the case. But where do I find this option? PVR IPTV Simple Client has options like m3u location, user-agent, EPG settings and channel logos settings. I don't see any option related to channel ID's that confuse AutoWidget.
I don't know if there is an option or setting, because it works for me. The only time it fails is if I select Clear Data in PVR Settings, which causes the channel ID's to reset.
(2020-08-17, 17:34)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 16:46)ArcticBeast Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 19:00)FXB78 Wrote: It works as long as you don't reset the PVR causing it to reassign new channel ID's. You must have a setting selected which resets PVR Channels on boot.
Oh, it might be the case. But where do I find this option? PVR IPTV Simple Client has options like m3u location, user-agent, EPG settings and channel logos settings. I don't see any option related to channel ID's that confuse AutoWidget.
I don't know if there is an option or setting, because it works for me. The only time it fails is if I select Clear Data in PVR Settings, which causes the channel ID's to reset.
I never touched Clear data in PVR settings. I just tried again whole process, resetted Kodi, installed latest Arctic Zephyr 2, installed latest AutoWidget, configured PVR Add-on with my m3u file, made Home item with submenu and added 15 widgets to submenu (15 channels). Tried does it work, it does, closed and opened Kodi, it doesn't work anymore.

Perhaps it's related to Arctic Zephyr 2 skin but if remember right on 1st page is marked as fully compatible. This is something author of AutoWidget should really look into asap.

I managed to reproduce this on 2 Android 9 devices and on Windows 10 as well with Kodi from Kodi website (not the one from MS Store).

I never said this but earlier it worked fine, I will now test this with previous Kodi version and AutoWidget version.
In my experience, there isn't a place to "browse" channels in PVR IPTV Simple Client? How are you adding them to your groups?
(2020-08-17, 18:38)drinfernoo Wrote: In my experience, there isn't a place to "browse" channels in PVR IPTV Simple Client? How are you adding them to your groups?
You can add them in Channels/Context Menu
(2020-08-17, 18:38)drinfernoo Wrote: In my experience, there isn't a place to "browse" channels in PVR IPTV Simple Client? How are you adding them to your groups?

I just long hold OK on any channel and bottom option from context menu is from AutoWidget which adds that channel shortcut to AutoWidget. And then I just make channel shortcuts by creating submenus onto Home item(s).

But I can't figure out why are channels not opening with AutoWidget while they open just fine through PVR Add-on.

It's like an program opens when you launch it from installation directory but it won't open from shortcut on Desktop, that's what's happening right now to me with AutoWidget. I am currently configuring Kodi 18.6 with latest AutoWidget and latest Arctic Zephyr 2. If I still experience same bug I will downgrade AutoWidget to oldest version and update one by one to see is this related to Kodi, AutoWidget or maybe even Arctic Zephyr 2.

AutoWidget worked fine during Winter 2020 so I guess that if this is related to Kodi then 18.6 should work.
(2020-08-17, 19:07)ArcticBeast Wrote:

I just long hold OK on any channel and bottom option from context menu is from AutoWidget which adds that channel shortcut to AutoWidget. And then I just make channel shortcuts by creating submenus onto Home item(s).

But I can't figure out why are channels not opening with AutoWidget while they open just fine through PVR Add-on.

It's like an program opens when you launch it from installation directory but it won't open from shortcut on Desktop, that's what's happening right now to me with AutoWidget. I am currently configuring Kodi 18.6 with latest AutoWidget and latest Arctic Zephyr 2. If I still experience same bug I will downgrade AutoWidget to oldest version and update one by one to see is this related to Kodi, AutoWidget or maybe even Arctic Zephyr 2.

AutoWidget worked fine during Winter 2020 so I guess that if this is related to Kodi then 18.6 should work.

I'm guessing this is an oversight on my handling of PVR items, to be honest. I can try to get it working again, but I don't have an IPTV sub even to test with... If you're able to share the corresponding .group file, that may help me figure out what's going wrong.
(2020-08-17, 20:38)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 19:07)ArcticBeast Wrote:

I'm guessing this is an oversight on my handling of PVR items, to be honest. I can try to get it working again, but I don't have an IPTV sub even to test with... If you're able to share the corresponding .group file, that may help me figure out what's going wrong.
I've sent you message with one of .group files. They all look fine to me. Thanks in advance!
This is a complicated question that may or may not have an easy answer - but I am so far beyond my coding ability I really badly need help!!

I have in the Silvio skin (actually a mod of it) created a new style of widget: the Autowidget panel, which has a dedicated button to refresh the widget beside the panel widget (the skin is designed for use on a tablet).  That button will have assigned to it in the template.xml the refresh command RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE").  In order to do that I need to parse the relevant widget path to (a) make sure that the widget is an autowidget cycling group and (b) strip out the ID then I can create a command

<onclick>RunPlugin($VAR[Static_String]$VAR[Variable_String])</onclick> where the Static_String would be "plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=" and the Variable_String would be autowidget ID (or something along those lines).  That way it should work no matter how many different autowidget panel widgets the relevant build has.

Has anyone got ideas and could help with the actual coding - I feel at least part of the solution might be in script.module.routing but as I said I have gone so far beyond my abilities it is embarrassing
(2020-08-19, 20:06)justin150 Wrote: This is a complicated question that may or may not have an easy answer - but I am so far beyond my coding ability I really badly need help!!

I have in the Silvio skin (actually a mod of it) created a new style of widget: the Autowidget panel, which has a dedicated button to refresh the widget beside the panel widget (the skin is designed for use on a tablet).  That button will have assigned to it in the template.xml the refresh command RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=YOUR_ID_HERE").  In order to do that I need to parse the relevant widget path to (a) make sure that the widget is an autowidget cycling group and (b) strip out the ID then I can create a command

<onclick>RunPlugin($VAR[Static_String]$VAR[Variable_String])</onclick> where the Static_String would be "plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&target=" and the Variable_String would be autowidget ID (or something along those lines).  That way it should work no matter how many different autowidget panel widgets the relevant build has.

Has anyone got ideas and could help with the actual coding - I feel at least part of the solution might be in script.module.routing but as I said I have gone so far beyond my abilities it is embarrassing

For one thing, the path you'll actually need to use is:
syntax:
RunPlugin("plugin://plugin.program.autowidget/?mode=refresh&id=YOUR_ID_HERE")

You were close, but the parameter should be id instead of target.

I think the best way to handle getting the actual ID from the widget may be for me to attach it as a List item property, probably named autoID. Then you could not only control visibility of the control based on whether or not that property is filled, but you could use $INFO[Container(CONTAINER_ID).List item.Property(autoID)] to fill the needed parameter in the plugin path. I can make a small update to add that property Big Grin

At least, that's how I understand it... Perhaps somebody like @jurialmunkey would confirm that my logic is sound there, but I think it should work Wink
(2020-08-19, 22:06)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 20:06)justin150 Wrote: This is a complicated question that may or may not have an easy answer - but I am so far beyond my coding ability I really badly need help!!

syntax:

I think the best way to handle getting the actual ID from the widget may be for me to attach it as a List item property, probably named autoID. Then you could not only control visibility of the control based on whether or not that property is filled, but you could use $INFO[Container(CONTAINER_ID).List item.Property(autoID)] to fill the needed parameter in the plugin path. I can make a small update to add that property Big Grin

At least, that's how I understand it... Perhaps somebody like @jurialmunkey would confirm that my logic is sound there, but I think it should work Wink
That would be a fantastic idea and would really simplify what I am doing
(2020-08-21, 20:14)justin150 Wrote:
(2020-08-19, 22:06)drinfernoo Wrote:

syntax:

That would be a fantastic idea and would really simplify what I am doing

If you'd like to test it, 0.0.1039 on the devrepo attaches the widget ID to each ListItem using the "autoID" property. The next stable release will also include the change.
I can't get playable items to work in Shortcut Groups anymore, they used to work. Has this function been changed or broken in a recent release?
(2020-08-21, 20:22)FXB78 Wrote: I can't get playable items to work in Shortcut Groups anymore, they used to work. Has this function been changed or broken in a recent release?

It's always something with those... Best way to figure it out is to send me the group file.
Hi,

I get an error message when trying to add a widget by going to Groups and then choose the group were I have exploded the local genres for Movies / TV shows, however when exploding genres from Plex addon all is working however takes much longer for widgets to load.

Autowidget is showing message the group was added.. however when going into AH skin and try to add the local genre exloded group as a widget an error is being displayed. All fine when choosing the exploded Plex genre group as a widget.

Any known issues here?

Thanks.
(2020-08-26, 01:14)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

I get an error message when trying to add a widget by going to Groups and then choose the group were I have exploded the local genres for Movies / TV shows, however when exploding genres from Plex addon all is working however takes much longer for widgets to load.

Autowidget is showing message the group was added.. however when going into AH skin and try to add the local genre exloded group as a widget an error is being displayed. All fine when choosing the exploded Plex genre group as a widget.

Any known issues here?

Thanks.

Any support on this?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1