How to Display Metadata
I have added a Video Node to the main menu called COMICS.
Added external player to view them.
Now I want to display Plot etc. from .nfo .
I have this:-
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>Sons of Anarchy - Redwood Original</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <plot>For the first time anywhere, read the untold story of how a young Jax Teller, 18 years old and fresh out of high school, decides to prospect his dead father's-and his current stepfather's-MC, the Sons of Anarchy.
The only all-new, original ongoing story for fans of Sons of Anarchy.
Under complete supervision of SOA show creator Kurt Sutter, the story will feature younger versions of some of the characters you've come to know and love, including Opie, Clay, Jemma, Tig, and Chibs!</plot>
    <userrating></userrating>
    <mpaa></mpaa>
    <uniqueid type="" default="true">https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sons-of-anarchy-redwood-original-1/4000-543785/</uniqueid>
    <genre></genre>
    <premiered></premiered>
    <status></status>
    <studio>Boom</studio>
    <actor>
        <name></name>
        <role></role>
        <order></order>
        <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
    <namedseason number="1"></namedseason>
</episodedetails>

How do I get this to show
Thanks
Are these videos or are these comic books? If comic books, how do you intend to play them? What is the file extension and does Kodi see them as video files?

(2020-08-16, 15:51)aceuk Wrote: <uniqueid type="" default="true">https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sons-of-a...00-543785/</uniqueid>
This is wrong. It should be
xml:
<uniqueid type="comicvine" default="true">4000-543785</uniqueid>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen -They are comic books viewed using external player. I have added videoextensions to advancedsettings.xml

xml:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <!-- TvTunes: Section Start -->
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Themes/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Themes[\\/]</regexp>
            <regexp>theme([0-9]*)\.(mp4|mkv|avi|mov|m2ts|webm|MP4|MKV|AVI|MOV|M2TS|WEBM)$</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Themes/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Themes[\\/]</regexp>
            <regexp>theme([0-9]*)\.(mp4|mkv|avi|mov|m2ts|webm|MP4|MKV|AVI|MOV|M2TS|WEBM)$</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <!-- TvTunes: Section End -->
    </video>
        <videoextensions>
         <add>.cbr|.cbz|.pdf</add>
        </videoextensions>     
</advancedsettings>

I have updated .nfo as you said but still no joy
That is a bit of out of the box thinking. Which external player do you use to display comic books?

That it is an episode nfo file in your first post, which can only be used in conjunction with a tv show. Do you have a tv show setup with the tvshow.nfo? Otherwise it won't work. Post your tvshow.nfo file if you have one.

You know you can view comic books in the Pictures section of Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-17, 09:44)Karellen Wrote: That is a bit of out of the box thinking. Which external player do you use to display comic books?

That it is an episode nfo file in your first post, which can only be used in conjunction with a tv show. Do you have a tv show setup with the tvshow.nfo? Otherwise it won't work. Post your tvshow.nfo file if you have one.

You know you can view comic books in the Pictures section of Kodi.
I first tried them in pictures but they only show one page and 4 ramdon images instead of poster. I just did not like the layout. I found a old post where they used a video node set content to TV Shows but info from local.
The external player is CDisplayEX. I could not get .cbr files to work so converted them to .cbz
Created a tvshow.nfo below. I don't know to much about creating .nfo I just mod an existing one . BUT IT WORKED - Plot now on show. But I loose the fanart background and poster display for each file with an .nfo.
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
    <id>274431</id>
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Sons of Anarchy - Redwood Original</title>
    <showtitle>Sons of Anarchy - Redwood Original</showtitle>
    <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
    <plot>10 years before Season 1 television series Sons of Anarchy,the official story of Jax Teller's first year as a SAMCRO prospect.</plot>
    <uniqueid type="comicvine" default="true">4050-92970</uniqueid>
    <status>Ended</status>
    <runtime></runtime>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <year>2016</year>
    <premiered></premiered>
    <studio>Boom</studio>
    <tag>
    </tag>
    <genre>Action</genre>
    <genre>Crime</genre>
    <language>en</language>
</tvshow>
(2020-08-17, 20:45)aceuk Wrote: Plot now on show. But I loose the fanart background and poster display for each file with an .nfo.
Have a look at the images in section 2 and 4. It will tell you how your images should be named and where they should be placed for Kodi to see and use them.

https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork

Also, you can use the nfo file templates found on these pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows
My Signature
(2020-08-17, 23:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 20:45)aceuk Wrote: Plot now on show. But I loose the fanart background and poster display for each file with an .nfo.
Have a look at the images in section 2 and 4. It will tell you how your images should be named and where they should be placed for Kodi to see and use them.

https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork

Also, you can use the nfo file templates found on these pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows

Karellen - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sorted the problem. There are a couple of things I don't like still on display
 Click image for full size
In the top left corner there is writing (Episode S2) and on the highlighted file (white) I have S02. SOA - Redwood Original 002. How can I get rid of the (Episode S2) and S02. 
At the start I set the content to tvshows and had the scraper on. It picked up a show called Comics (1993) and is showing that info on information page and channel 4 logo as you can see. how can I get rid of this.
One last thing does Kodi support  ComicInfo.xml

Thanks for your help
(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: In the top left corner there is writing (Episode S2) and on the highlighted file (white) I have S02. SOA - Redwood Original 002. How can I get rid of the (Episode S2) and S02. 
You would need to edit the skin files. I am not a skinner, so I won't be much help to you.

(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: At the start I set the content to tvshows and had the scraper on. It picked up a show called Comics (1993) and is showing that info on information page and channel 4 logo as you can see. how can I get rid of this.
That means it did not find your tvshow.nfo file for some reason. Make sure your file is named and saved correctly, then from the Information Page hit Refresh. You can answer No when asked to refresh episodes.

(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: One last thing does Kodi support  ComicInfo.xml
I don't know what that is. What is it?
My Signature
(2020-08-18, 10:44)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: In the top left corner there is writing (Episode S2) and on the highlighted file (white) I have S02. SOA - Redwood Original 002. How can I get rid of the (Episode S2) and S02. 
You would need to edit the skin files. I am not a skinner, so I won't be much help to you.
(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: At the start I set the content to tvshows and had the scraper on. It picked up a show called Comics (1993) and is showing that info on information page and channel 4 logo as you can see. how can I get rid of this.
That means it did not find your tvshow.nfo file for some reason. Make sure your file is named and saved correctly, then from the Information Page hit Refresh. You can answer No when asked to refresh episodes.
(2020-08-18, 10:33)aceuk Wrote: One last thing does Kodi support  ComicInfo.xml
I don't know what that is. What is it?

tvshow.nfo is named and saved correctly. When I added the fanart info it must of found it because it worked. But I can't bring up the Information Page. I have tried pressing "I" on keyboard and it is not in the context menu.
I have tried to find the offending .nfo but can't see it  to delete.
ComicInfo.xml is .nfo for comics
I deleted contents then added them again and it clear the the false info
@aceuk

Wondering if you can post your playercorefactory.xml file that you use to call up the comic book reader. Thanks.
My Signature
(2021-03-05, 06:51)Karellen Wrote: @aceuk

Wondering if you can post your playercorefactory.xml file that you use to call up the comic book reader. Thanks.

Karellen - Here is my file:-

xml:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="CDisplayEX" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\CDisplayEx\CDisplayEx.exe</filename>
<args></args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
    </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="pdf" player="CDisplayEX" />
    <rule filetypes="cbr" player="CDisplayEX" />
    <rule filetypes="cbz" player="CDisplayEX" />
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory> 

I should add that for some reason it will only work with .cbz files. I tried lots off different settings but could never get it to show .cbr files. So I converted everything to .cbz
@aceuk

That's great. Thanks for that, and I just spotted my mistake. I had two different player names in the file.

Not using it for comics, but just experimenting with an ebook library.
My Signature
(2021-03-05, 12:09)Karellen Wrote: @aceuk

That's great. Thanks for that, and I just spotted my mistake. I had two different player names in the file.

Not using it for comics, but just experimenting with an ebook library.

Glad I could help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Display Metadata0