Radio plugin and radio menu in Kodi
Hello,

I installed a radio plugin, everything is working fine but I need to go to extension to start Radio.
Is-it possible to start the radio from the radio menu ?

Thanks.
No, the radio menu is for radio stations supplied via a PVR (wiki) backend, not via the addon.

With a suitable skin you can make stations favourites though, and use those to link directly from the menu. You need a customisable skin, which the default Estuary skin is not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-08-10, 21:13)DarrenHill Wrote: [font][font]No, il menu radio è per le stazioni radio fornite tramite un backend PVR (wiki), non tramite l'addon. [/font][/font]

[font][font]Con una skin adatta puoi però rendere preferite le stazioni e usarle per collegarle direttamente dal menu. [/font][font]Hai bisogno di una skin personalizzabile, che la skin predefinita dell'estuario non è.[/font][/font]
Where can i find a backend PVR?
You need to go and buy the relevant hardware, such as a HDHomeRun or similar. That is the source, and will convert your cable or OTA signals into something that you can use on your network. The install the relevant PVR (wiki) backend addon from the official repo.

It may also be possible using IPTV simple, but again you need some sort of IPTV provider. And we don't supply, support or recommend any of those here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
There is no need to buy tuners or have an IPTV subscription for Radio from a PVR.   I use IPTV Simple and NextPVR and they both work most internet streams that have direct play URL's.  In Matrix you get the Shoutcast "Now Playing" metadata too, although there is a bit of a trick to get that it NextPVR.  Other PVR backends that support m3u files might work too.

As a bonus if your radio stations have EPG data (like several UK stations) then you get guide data for programs with the possibility of  recording and timeshifting. 

Martin
(2020-08-19, 13:30)DarrenHill Wrote: You need to go and buy the relevant hardware, such as a HDHomeRun or similar. That is the source, and will convert your cable or OTA signals into something that you can use on your network. The install the relevant PVR (wiki) backend addon from the official repo.

It may also be possible using IPTV simple, but again you need some sort of IPTV provider. And we don't supply, support or recommend any of those here.

With iptvsimple a m3u playlist can be created with entries from the radio plugin - since a few time ago, plugin:// paths are supported in lists. The playlist must be created manually but it should work just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio plugin and radio menu in Kodi0