• 75(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-08-21, 18:34)fritsch Wrote: @gb160 great for live tv. For the recordings: Many ideas. But won't post one without your Debug Log and a sample. Also check if playing from files makes a difference.

@blamman wherever you want.

They are here

Let me know when you get them.  Thank you
Thanks I downloaded them.

I set my kodi to 2.0 channels, enabled Dolby Transcoding and AC3, disabled DTS, EAC3, DTS-HD Passthrough. As PT Device I chose IEC with kodi being the packer.

I played DTS-HD first -> output as AC3 using kodi transcoder -> no single buffering
I played TrueHD second -> I made sure to not use the AC3 audio, but the TrueHD one -> output as AC3 using kodi transcoder-> no single buffering. Sidenote: I like that movie :-)

My setup: 5GHz AC WLAN to an NFS share where I stored your files.

Did I miss something? What's the ping and throughput you get from your network?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As my setup is most likely not representative for average joe setups (I invested some hours to have my WLAN perfectly right ;-)) - could someone else try the samples as well?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-22, 09:56)fritsch Wrote: As my setup is most likely not representative for average joe setups (I invested some hours to have my WLAN perfectly right ;-)) - could someone else try the samples as well?

The samples aren't there anymore mate, he must've removed them.
I just got a stick 4k and using it connected with a Denon AVR. I am seeing a slight lip sync issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I see google is full of these issues. 

TV: LG Oled B8
AVR: Denon X3300
Kodi: fritschfiretv latest (set to 7.1, no passthrough)
FT4K: Video 12bits/YBR
FT4k: Audio (DD+) tried other modes as well. 
Wifi AC

I haven't tried attaching stick to TV directly as HDMI is not easily accessible.
(2020-08-22, 12:39)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 09:56)fritsch Wrote: As my setup is most likely not representative for average joe setups (I invested some hours to have my WLAN perfectly right ;-)) - could someone else try the samples as well?

The samples aren't there anymore mate, he must've removed them.
Looks like I got it working. I actually found that the cheap vizio soundbar could take a firmware upgrade. I have 3 streams going to three different TVS and no issues. 

Btw should I use fritschfiretv 18.8 on my firetv cube 2nd gen?

I really appreciate the help.
@fritsch did u get a chance to check out my debug log and sample yet buddy? (Re: TV recordings not being de-interlaced)
Yeah:

Quote:Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Standard                                 : Component
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive

Yeah ... shit in shit out :-(
(2020-08-23, 09:54)fritsch Wrote: Yeah:
Quote:Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Standard                                 : Component
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive

Yeah ... shit in shit out :-(

So is that an issue with my TVHeadend setup?
How comes Vero plays it successfully?
No idea. The problem with magic decoders like: Mediacodec or amlcodec is, that everyone is happy until some file is found that magically does not work.

Most likely AML internally finds the fields and does the magic as it's always configured for postprocess even if no interlaced stuff is played. Solution: don't input files with wrong headers.

The input file defines itself as progressive which is wrong, back at the time tvh had two settings for recordings one was raw ts, the other tvh postprocess dummbatz, which was mostly broken afterwards or let's say incompatible to many devices, this wrong tvh setting you should correct as this is not the original broadcast.

If you get the same result from Files section (e.g. not playing it via pvr.hts) then nothing can be done in kodi for Leia.

Do you have any proper h264 interlaced that does not work?

Try: configure recordings in your backend properly so that tvh tries not to touch it, record again, retry.
(2020-08-23, 12:54)fritsch Wrote: No idea. The problem with magic decoders like: Mediacodec or amlcodec is, that everyone is happy until some file is found that magically does not work.

Most likely AML internally finds the fields and does the magic as it's always configured for postprocess even if no interlaced stuff is played. Solution: don't input files with wrong headers.

The input file defines itself as progressive which is wrong, back at the time tvh had two settings for recordings one was raw ts, the other tvh postprocess dummbatz, which was mostly broken afterwards or let's say incompatible to many devices, this wrong tvh setting you should correct as this is not the original broadcast.

If you get the same result from Files section (e.g. not playing it via pvr.hts) then nothing can be done in kodi for Leia.

Do you have any proper h264 interlaced that does not work?

Try: configure recordings in your backend properly so that tvh tries not to touch it, record again, retry.

Cheers for the suggestion, I will look into the TVH settings this afternoon.

Just a though: The DVB-T mux in question carries all the HD channels in my country, and from my very basic understanding of how this works, I read that this specific mux in the UK is capable of dynamically switching between 25p and 50i depending on the content, could it be that when the recording starts (scheduled recordings on TVHE always kick in a minute or 2 before the program starts) the actual content being transmitted is 25p, could that be the cause of the wrong headers being set?

Edit: Just as a test, I clipped the first 3 minutes out of the sample I provided with ffmpeg, no remux or anything, and the remaining minute or so plays fine, it begins after the football program has started.
FFprobe reports the remaining clip as interlaced also.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x782pgzgpqy5oc...ed.ts?dl=0
Jep, that's possible - I have seen that before.
(2020-08-23, 14:30)fritsch Wrote: Jep, that's possible - I have seen that before.

I managed to catch a live channel doing it last night, when I put it on it was showing last few minutes of a movie, when it finished the news started and that wasn't being deinterlaced, a simple stop and start on that channel corrected the issue.

Im guessing theres no simple solution mate?
Its not ideal but I suppose its something I can live with, out of interest how do the other decoders deal with this varying frame rate/interlace scenario...do they just magically 'deal with it' ?
They don't really. The real solution would be to reinit decoder if such a stream change detected.
(2020-08-25, 10:14)fritsch Wrote: They don't really. The real solution would be to reinit decoder if such a stream change detected.

Ah, I presume this is what @Sam.Nazarko  has done with OSMC for the Vero and the Pi.

Ive found a workaround.
Freesat doesn't use this dynamically changing stuff, I made test recordings of the same channel simultaneously from Freesat and DVB-T....all the HD Freesat channels stay interlaced all the time.
For the few old recordings I've got which are affected I'll just crop the 25p stuff from the beginning...not ideal, but problem solved.
Plus it's the perfect excuse not to get on a ladder and take down the satellite dish from the side of my house that hadn't been used in years!
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3