• 657(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Local Episode Artwork question:

I've set up local artwork per the wiki, and have TV Show season specific posters and fanarts. See pic:

When I enter the TV show and scroll thru the seasons, each season shows the specific poster and fanart. All is well. But, when I enter a specific season (season 1 for example) it shows the overall show fanart "fanart.jpg" as the fanart for each episode. I want to show the season specific fanart "season01-fanart.jpg" as the episode background or fanart.

I tried the advice from the wiki for episode specific fanarts: Single file episodes (eg .mkv) <episode filename>-<arttype>.<ext> but it didn't work for me. See pic:

EDIT: I tried setting "arttype" in the filename to "thumb" as well as "fanart", same non-result.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2020-08-23, 22:37)whysoserious Wrote: But, when I enter a specific season (season 1 for example) it shows the overall show fanart "fanart.jpg" as the fanart for each episode. I want to show the season specific fanart "season01-fanart.jpg" as the episode background or fanart.
I don't think it can. The fallback seems to be the main fanart.jpg for the show.

Your workaround is applying fanart for each episode as you did for S01E01. If that is not working, check your Choose Art for the episode. Do you have a "fanart" entry? If not then add code to your advancedsettings.xml. This is what I have...

xml:

<videolibrary>
<episodeextraart>
<arttype>fanart</arttype>
<arttype>landscape</arttype>
<arttype>poster</arttype>
</episodeextraart>
</videolibrary>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-23, 23:43)Karellen Wrote: Do you have a "fanart" entry? If not then add code to your advancedsettings.xml. This is what I have...

No fanart entry, but adding your code to my advancedsettings.xml did the trick!

Thank you!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
(2020-08-24, 00:37)whysoserious Wrote: No fanart entry, but adding your code to my advancedsettings.xml did the trick!

Great. Simple fix. Are you also using the The Expanse S01E01-thumb artwork. Some of the views will display both. Fanart.jpg in the background, and thumb in a smaller box.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-24, 00:49)Karellen Wrote: Great. Simple fix. Are you also using the The Expanse S01E01-thumb artwork. Some of the views will display both. Fanart.jpg in the background, and thumb in a smaller box.
I haven't been using thumbnail artwork but I'll play around with that too.

You know, Kodi must be working pretty well for me overall if the only thing I'm obsessing about is some background images...
(2020-08-24, 00:54)whysoserious Wrote: You know, Kodi must be working pretty well for me overall if the only thing I'm obsessing about is some background images...
Great to hear. It works fine for me too, and sometimes I wonder why users have so much trouble, but I just put it down to noob -v- advanced user

Depending on how cluttered you like your listings, thumb is in the smaller box and this is what Kodi actively looks for, while fanart in the background is forced using those as.xml settings.

My Signature
(2020-08-24, 01:01)Karellen Wrote: Depending on how cluttered you like your listings,
I'm a big fan of the RightList view for movies and TV, love to see as much of the fanarts I'v gathered, but I'll play around with some others too.
I apologise if the question is already answered... I'm looking for a way to make a backup once I set up the skin to my preferences and I can't find it... Isbtehr a way to do it?
Thank you!
(2020-08-29, 21:34)Joaquin_Barrera Wrote: I apologise if the question is already answered... I'm looking for a way to make a backup once I set up the skin to my preferences and I can't find it... Isbtehr a way to do it?
Thank you!

If you are on Leia or older, you can use "Skin Helper Backup" addon to make a backup and restore of your skins settings.
If you are on Matrix, you can make a copy or zip from this folder:

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.nox.silvo

Now, each time you want to restore your skin simply replace the folder with the copy you made.

Hope this helps you...
Of course yes! And thank you for taking the trouble to answer me! Apreciate it!
Hi everyone. Question. Theres a way to go directly to an specific section, for instance 'Recent Movies' (myFlix view?) when I open Kodi?
Thanks!
(2020-08-30, 01:49)molinapee Wrote: Hi everyone. Question. Theres a way to go directly to an specific section, for instance 'Recent Movies' (myFlix view?) when I open Kodi?
Thanks!

have a read of this , https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2868419
(2020-08-30, 15:09)ontap Wrote:
(2020-08-30, 01:49)molinapee Wrote: Hi everyone. Question. Theres a way to go directly to an specific section, for instance 'Recent Movies' (myFlix view?) when I open Kodi?
Thanks!

have a read of this , https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2868419

Thanks but theres no other Easy way to do this? I mean the skin could give me the option in settings. Can we have available on a future upgrade?
(2020-08-29, 23:14)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:34)Joaquin_Barrera Wrote: I apologise if the question is already answered... I'm looking for a way to make a backup once I set up the skin to my preferences and I can't find it... Isbtehr a way to do it?
Thank you!

If you are on Leia or older, you can use "Skin Helper Backup" addon to make a backup and restore of your skins settings.

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.nox.silvo

Now, each time you want to restore your skin simply replace the folder with the copy you made.

Hope this helps you...
I'm using Leia 18.8 and I just installed Skin Helper Backup.  When I press run, nothing happens.  Has it worked recently for anyone else?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2020-08-30, 16:23)brazen1 Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 23:14)lynxstrike Wrote:
Thank you!

Hope this helps you...
I'm using Leia 18.8 and I just installed Skin Helper Backup.  When I press run, nothing happens.  Has it worked recently for anyone else?

@brazen1 

I currently am on the Matrix branch (I left the comfort of the stable release for the comfort of native HDR). It was working for me when I made the switch.
But if by any chance you can't make it work, you can always make the backup manually. It's a little more of hassle but it works, while we wait for the addon authors to update.
  • 657(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55