iOS Movie scraper not working in XBMC Gotham 13.1
Yeah, I know, I know it’s old as hell. But I still run it on my ATV2 and up until a few days ago I’ve not had a single issue. Overnight I started getting the “unable to connect to remote server" when using themoviedb scraper. Not a single movie is found. I tried using a parsing nfo, doesn’t work either.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Should I just accept it’s time to let the ATV2 go? That would be a sad thing. Sad

TV scraper still working fine.

Thanks for any help!
@fourthreetwo

Yep, old as hell.

There have been no changes to the scraper recently, so could you provide a Debug Log that captures the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-24, 23:33)Karellen Wrote: @fourthreetwo

Yep, old as hell.

There have been no changes to the scraper recently, so could you provide a Debug Log that captures the problem.

Hey Karellen, 

Hope you've been well. We've spoken a few times in the past about running Gotham (I'm using a beloved forked skin) please see my log. This is happening across 2 PC's. 

Hoping I don't have to go to local NFO's Tongue 

https://ctxt.io/2/AAAgFPQlEg
Thanks @fourthreetwo

Looked at your log but am a little confused. You are using Universal Movie Scraper to scrape tv shows. I know your install is very old, but I am pretty certain that Universal Movie Scraper never scraped tv shows.

xml:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'K:\Documentaries\All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace\All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace - 1x01 - Love and Power.mp4'
ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace - 1x01 - Love and Power' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (path: 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.universal', content: 'movies', version: '2.9.13')

Are you sure you have the correct scraper enabled?

It also looks like you mix tv shows and movies in the one source, so that is never going to work. Plus your folder naming is pretty terrible.
xml:
Shoah.1985.720p.BluRay.AAC.x264-ZQ\Shoah.First.Era.1985.720p.BluRay.AAC.x264-ZQ.mkv'
The scraper is looking Shoah First Era and there is no such movie at IMDB. And you have a few of these movies. Are they actually a tv shows?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-25, 05:56)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @fourthreetwo

Looked at your log but am a little confused. You are using Universal Movie Scraper to scrape tv shows. I know your install is very old, but I am pretty certain that Universal Movie Scraper never scraped tv shows.

xml:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'K:\Documentaries\All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace\All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace - 1x01 - Love and Power.mp4'
ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace - 1x01 - Love and Power' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper (path: 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.universal', content: 'movies', version: '2.9.13')

It also looks like you mix tv shows and movies in the one source, so that is never going to work. Plus your folder naming is pretty terrible.
xml:
Shoah.1985.720p.BluRay.AAC.x264-ZQ\Shoah.First.Era.1985.720p.BluRay.AAC.x264-ZQ.mkv'
The scraper is looking Shoah First Era and there is no such movie at IMDB. And you have a few of these movies. Are they actually a tv shows?
A couple of those have probably been placed in the wrong folder structures and generally (when scraping) get skipped due to no entry in TMDB/TVDB.

I've got at least 30 different folders across umpteenth drives for different things. Due to the size of my library (and lack of time due to work constraints) I haven't gone through and rectified them. 

If it helps here's a log from my HTPC which follows a less insanely unorganised configuration (edit incoming)
(2020-08-25, 06:06)dozerplex Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 05:56)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @fourthreetwo

xml:

xml:
A couple of those have probably been placed in the wrong folder structures and generally (when scraping) get skipped due to no entry in TMDB/TVDB.

I've got at least 30 different folders across umpteenth drives for different things. Due to the size of my library (and lack of time due to work constraints) I haven't gone through and rectified them. 

If it helps here's a log from my HTPC which follows a less insanely unorganised configuration (edit incoming)
Sorry, couldn't find the edit button. 

HTPC log: https://ctxt.io/2/AAAgcGYoFA
Thanks @dozerplex

Sorry, I just realised you are a different member from the original post. I pinged the wrong person in my previous post.

Looked at the log again. This time you are using TheMovieDB scraper and I can see the problem. You are using v4.0.2 of the scaper, which is using an expired API key, but the current version is v4.1.9

Update your scraper either through the kodi repo or download and install via zip here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...viedb.org/

Let us know how that works.

That also applies for you to @fourthreetwo
My Signature
(2020-08-25, 06:38)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @dozerplex

Sorry, I just realised you are a different member from the original post. I pinged the wrong person in my previous post.

Looked at the log again. This time you are using TheMovieDB scraper and I can see the problem. You are using v4.0.2 of the scaper, which is using an expired API key, but the current version is v4.1.9

Update your scraper either through the kodi repo or download and install via zip here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...viedb.org/

Let us know how that works.

That also applies for you to @fourthreetwo
Hey, no drama haha. 

Sorry again for the poor quality on my original log. 

I've updated (installed via zip) and I run into the same issue: 

https://ctxt.io/2/AADAnyBOFg
(2020-08-24, 23:33)Karellen Wrote: @fourthreetwo

Yep, old as hell.

Hi Karellen, thank you for your quick response. Here is the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/opifewutoq.kodi

I've been getting the error for every new movie i try and scrape/add to the library. I deleted all the files that were giving me an error just to get the TV shows scraped without interruptions. I added one new movie for the log, i think line 3288 is where strange things start happening.

Thanks!
I can't figure out how to edit my previous post.

Initially i tried numerous rollbacks, apparently i ended up on 4.1.1. I was however on the latest 4.1.9 when i first started getting the "cannot connect to remote server" error. If needed i can update and provide a new log later today.
(2020-08-25, 07:30)dozerplex Wrote: I've updated (installed via zip) and I run into the same issue:
Different error this time. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that and think it is your local connection. Maybe @olympia might know

xml:
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

@fourthreetwo
You have the same error. But, you have the wrong version scraper installed. Update to v4.1.9 as previously mentioned.
My Signature
(2020-08-25, 08:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 07:30)dozerplex Wrote: I've updated (installed via zip) and I run into the same issue:
Different error this time. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that and think it is your local connection. Maybe @olympia might know

xml:
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

@fourthreetwo
You have the same error. But, you have the wrong version scraper installed. Update to v4.1.9 as previously mentioned.
Thanks Karellen, really appreciate the support for such an old version which I'm emotionally attached to. 

I've not noticed any issues on either PC in regard to regular browsing, I also have a Kodi (Krypton) install which doesn't have an issue Scraping TMDB - all PC's use Google DNS so a local connection error (in my eyes) is unlikely.
(2020-08-25, 08:49)dozerplex Wrote: I've not noticed any issues on either PC in regard to regular browsing, I also have a Kodi (Krypton) install which doesn't have an issue Scraping TMDB - all PC's use Google DNS so a local connection error (in my eyes) is unlikely.
I don't know enough about the error, and this is pretty much the limit of my assistance. It is a problem somewhere between your hardware>connection>TheMovieDB. I don't know where in the chain though.
Now considering that fourthreetwo is also having the same error, I guess it is something that may have changed at TheMovieDB. Let's see what happens when he/she updates the scraper to v4.1.9, and hopefully the scraper developer @olympia comes online today and may offer some advice.
My Signature
(2020-08-25, 08:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 08:49)dozerplex Wrote: I've not noticed any issues on either PC in regard to regular browsing, I also have a Kodi (Krypton) install which doesn't have an issue Scraping TMDB - all PC's use Google DNS so a local connection error (in my eyes) is unlikely.
I don't know enough about the error, and this is pretty much the limit of my assistance. It is a problem somewhere between your hardware>connection>TheMovieDB. I don't know where in the chain though.
Now considering that fourthreetwo is also having the same error, I guess it is something that may have changed at TheMovieDB. Let's see what happens when he/she updates the scraper to v4.1.9, and hopefully the scraper developer @olympia comes online today and may offer some advice.
No stress and please don't feel pressured, I really appreciate the help. Especially as Gotham has been EOL for a number of years.
@dozerplex @fourthreetwo

I am not familiar with v13, but where you enable Debug Mode in settings, is there an option there for Component Logging? If yes, look for libcURL and enable it and provide a log the same as your previous log.

Looks like this in current versions of Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Ena...ic_logging

Thanks

@dozerplex can you use Kodi Paste Site. The service you are using has no line numbers which makes it hard when a few of us are trying to review it.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scraper not working in XBMC Gotham 13.10