• 9(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(2020-08-24, 00:54)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-08-23, 11:21)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Thanks for adding option to add submenu backgrounds, works perfectly.

One issue I seem to be having is when I play a movie from my drive I cannot get artwork or information to show up for it.

I use artwork beef to populate all artwork and it looks perfectly as it should in menus but when I play it...nothing.

All I see are the coloured icons on the top bar.
If i press pause,nothing. If i press I for information again nothing at all. Ive just looked at settings when playing a movie, i have it set as the following

Show information, show media flags both on info

Movie/tv show info set as description

All I see is the logo of what im watching in the bottom left corner. No other artwork, no description of what im watching

@mattyspurs76

Checked the code to see if i find any issues. At a glance everything looks ok and is working form my end. So not sure why that is happening.

Could you enable debug logging and send me your log file?

Will have to be at the weekend as I'm busy with work but ill take another look later in the week and if I still have the problem I'll upload it.

Is there anyway of changing the fonts aswell? Also If I choose to have icons on homemenu when the submenu shows up the text for this is quite big. Ill try and take screenshot ASAP.
Thanks for all the hard work Mr. V and company!  I use Kodi almost exclusively for music, and the Madnox 2.0 'now playing' screen does not disappoint.  I LOVE how I finally have a skin that can display the artist/album bio text by default along with logo and fanart.

One thing I wanted to ask about was the dimensions for album art.  Maybe there is an issue with my display settings, but album art appears to be "taller" than it should be, almost as if it is expecting a Blu-ray cover rather than music album.  So if you have, say, a 600x600 image file for album art, it cuts off the sides.  This appears to be the case on both the OSD and library views.
^^^ edit: never mind, this was a resolution problem on my end, please disregard!

Also wanted to see if it was possible to carry over the old Madnox option to darken the background image/s on the OSD.

Thanks again so much!
(2020-08-25, 15:56)Busta Uppa Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work Mr. V and company!  I use Kodi almost exclusively for music, and the Madnox 2.0 'now playing' screen does not disappoint.  I LOVE how I finally have a skin that can display the artist/album bio text by default along with logo and fanart.

One thing I wanted to ask about was the dimensions for album art.  Maybe there is an issue with my display settings, but album art appears to be "taller" than it should be, almost as if it is expecting a Blu-ray cover rather than music album.  So if you have, say, a 600x600 image file for album art, it cuts off the sides.  This appears to be the case on both the OSD and library views.

Also wanted to see if it was possible to carry over the old Madnox option to darken the background image/s on the OSD.

Thanks again so much!
I agree completely and would like to know how you display the logos. I have all logos offline but now I see none logo. Not from online source and not from offline source !? Where can I adjust that?
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2020-08-25, 17:17)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 15:56)Busta Uppa Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work Mr. V and company!  I use Kodi almost exclusively for music, and the Madnox 2.0 'now playing' screen does not disappoint.  I LOVE how I finally have a skin that can display the artist/album bio text by default along with logo and fanart.

Thanks again so much!
I agree completely and would like to know how you display the logos. I have all logos offline but now I see none logo. Not from online source and not from offline source !? Where can I adjust that?

Have you set the path to your music art in the kodi music settings?

I don't have any issues with logo and other images

Thanks again so much!

Most of my covers are 1000*1000 and i haven't notice a issue, will check again later when I'm home
Fantastic, thanks for the hard work on this, 1 question.

How/Where  do I change the color of the Home Menu items ...ie  Movies, TV Shows etc.   Default is blue but I cannot seem to find where to change this, have tried many options.  Thanks
(2020-08-25, 17:36)meowmoo Wrote:

Thanks again so much!

Most of my covers are 1000*1000 and i haven't notice a issue, will check again later when I'm home
Never mind, it should have occurred to me that a remote desktop session with non-standard resolution could cause issues.  Once I switched to true 16:9, the album art dimensions were fine.  But thanks for the reply!
(2020-08-23, 08:14)Picard Wrote:
(2020-08-23, 05:59)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-08-18, 06:49)Picard Wrote: Love the new Madnox, one thing though , I can' seem to be able to have more than one line of widgets on main screens.
@Picard
6 widgets can be set. Press up to go to the next. Only one widget is visible at a time. This was my my design choice when coding the skin and don't have any plans to have 2 widgets visible at the same time.
(2020-08-18, 21:34)bobrap Wrote: What did you do to get it to run in Matrix?  Won't run for me.
@bobrap @lynxstrike
The skin may work with kodi matrix, with some addon.xml changes. All I ask is please do not post any bug reports when using matrix. It is not compatible due to changes in the skin engine and addons.

I will change to matrix when the first RC is out. My goal is to get it ready for the kodi leia repo first.

Thanks for your reply, I use mouse and can't display the second row of widgets.

@Picard 
Option added for mouse control of the widgets. You need to enable the setting.

(2020-08-24, 04:29)Edworld Wrote: small bug:

On some views the top bar info is not fully displayed: 1000 items 245/27

@Edworld 
Fixed.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
After shifting all my music artwork over to a Artist Information folder things are looking spot on now. One question though. With the clearlogo.png for the Artist showing in Cover Flow Square, when you enter the album view it shows the artist clearlogo there as well, you can't see the text for the album name, you can only try to work out but the album cover, is there a way to show text for the album names ? Thanks
(2020-08-25, 17:33)meowmoo Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 17:17)olarf Wrote:

Thanks again so much!

I set the path to d:/music
In that folder I have artist subfolders and in those I have album subfolders and the logo is in each artist subfolder, fanart... as well.
I see all logos in old Madnox and with Kodi 17, then with 18 and old Madnox I saw only online logos, not my offline logos and now with Madnox 2 I see no logo at all Sad
Beside this it runs pretty amazing!!!
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
mr. v

When I click on a movie and dialogvideoinfo opens, for the first couple of seconds I see the actors from the prior movie and the blur from the prior poster. Is it possible that when you focus on a movie the skin loads the actors and blurs from the current poster anticipating that you may click on the movie?

Thanks
(2020-08-26, 18:17)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 17:17)olarf Wrote: I agree completely and would like to know how you display the logos. I have all logos offline but now I see none logo. Not from online source and not from offline source !? Where can I adjust that?

In that folder I have artist subfolders and in those I have album subfolders and the logo is in each artist subfolder, fanart... as well.
I see all logos in old Madnox and with Kodi 17, then with 18 and old Madnox I saw only online logos, not my offline logos and now with Madnox 2 I see no logo at all Sad

I guess the issue is your folder, if the logos start disappearing with a new kodi version.

I have a extra folder only for the music art.

Folder name - artist name - stuff.png
(2020-08-27, 05:47)Edworld Wrote: mr. v

When I click on a movie and dialogvideoinfo opens, for the first couple of seconds I see the actors from the prior movie and the blur from the prior poster. Is it possible that when you focus on a movie the skin loads the actors and blurs from the current poster anticipating that you may click on the movie?

Thanks

I also requested this, it's on mrV to do list
As I have a large collection, the more icons/posters I can have on the screen, the better.  Will there be a 4x12 wall/poster view, complete with a top and bottom bars so logos are clearly visible, for movies/playlists/sets/TV shows, as there is in the previous madnox?
(2020-08-24, 11:59)bacardicola Wrote: Great skin and many thanks for that.
What I see in kodiflix view , the first and last poster on the row is only showing half.
So with skipping complete row i always miss 1 complete poster.
Is that supposed to be?
@bacardicola 
Thanks for the bug report. This is an issue in kodiflix view and a few others.
The left side of the image is coded offscreen, so the scroll bar skips one item.
The same issue is in the kodi default skin Estuary. I will see what I can do to work around it sometime in the future.

(2020-08-25, 08:49)zeroq Wrote: Thank you for the skin, it’s great. Could you add Logo artwork over fanart in Kodiflix landscape and landscape views (like Titan Bingie do this, it’s great replacement for missing landscapes), some movies or TV Shows have missing landscapes.
@zeroq 
Working on it. That will be in the next update.

Thanks again so much!
@Busta Uppa 
Thankyou.
In Skin Settings/Themes if you set the background texture there will be an option for in the music OSD to use the same background.
That is skin wide. I will put it on my to do list to separate the settings.

(2020-08-25, 21:38)homerjs Wrote: Fantastic, thanks for the hard work on this, 1 question.

How/Where  do I change the color of the Home Menu items ...ie  Movies, TV Shows etc.   Default is blue but I cannot seem to find where to change this, have tried many options.  Thanks
@homerjs  
Skin settings/Color – Highlight
It changes the highlight colour of the whole skin. There is no separate option for the main menu.

(2020-08-26, 05:03)zorg2000k Wrote: After shifting all my music artwork over to a Artist Information folder things are looking spot on now. One question though. With the clearlogo.png for the Artist showing in Cover Flow Square, when you enter the album view it shows the artist clearlogo there as well, you can't see the text for the album name, you can only try to work out but the album cover, is there a way to show text for the album names ? Thanks
@zorg2000k 
There is a toggle button in view options in the media menu. You can change the logo to text with more info.

(2020-08-27, 05:47)Edworld Wrote: mr. v

Thanks
@Edworld  
The actor loading is on my to do list.
The blur from the prior poster will have a delay on the first load of the info screen. It will be quicker the second time. It is using embuary info script. On my pc I have no delay on the second load.
Embuary info script needs a fraction of a second to load the image. This may be slower on less powerful cpu’s.
I will review the code, so added to my to do list.

(2020-08-26, 18:17)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 17:17)olarf Wrote: I agree completely and would like to know how you display the logos. I have all logos offline but now I see none logo. Not from online source and not from offline source !? Where can I adjust that?

@olarf 

@olarf 
For music artwork, it has been coded the new naming scheme for v18
Music_artwork (wiki)

Alternatively, you can use artwork beef
258886 (thread)

(2020-08-27, 21:10)ThorC1138 Wrote: As I have a large collection, the more icons/posters I can have on the screen, the better.  Will there be a 4x12 wall/poster view, complete with a top and bottom bars so logos are clearly visible, for movies/playlists/sets/TV shows, as there is in the previous madnox?
 @ThorC1138 
Can do. Added to my to do list.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4