• 26(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-08-23, 23:08)bornagainpengui Wrote: Since this seems to be actively developed I was wondering if there could be an option to make larger Bingie Main Landscape displays by limiting the number in a row?  As far as I can see there are currently five in a line with two rows displayed on the screen.  Landscape limits this to three panels in a row and keeps the two rows but at the expense of the top display with the logo art and summary.  Is there a way to keep that at a slightly reduced area and having four in a row instead of five?

Also I was wondering if there was anything being worked on for the eventual release of Matrix?
If you select large landscape you will have 4 landscape posters on screen.
Go to settings, home screen layout, widgets, layout for widgets, and select Landscape Large.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-08-26, 17:40)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 17:28)ronnel Wrote: How can I modify or which xml of the fanart background in the latest update? I like the old one better because the new one has smaller size and the border lines are too much visible compared to the previous update. The vignette doesnt cover much the part of it.

Previous update (I prefer this better, how can I make it back like this)

LATEST UPDATE ( smaller plus the border is too visible )

This is the only one which bothered me, the rest of the changes were already good.
I'll update GitHub whenever @HugoL has time to edit the border. The clearlogos are the same size. They have not been changed.

I don't have problem with the clearlogo, they're already perfect for me. I just prefer the old size of the fanart background.

Is there any way to fix the frame for the widget-hub in poset-view?

I alrdy looked at it and couldn´t find out a way to fix it.
(2020-08-26, 19:37)Joker09 Wrote: Image

Do you have fixed focus moving frame on?
Titan Bingie Mod

You can fix it by changing that widget to landscape.

1. Disable fixed focus under widget settings. This allows you to change widget layout.

2. Configure the category widget, switching from Global/poster to landscape.

3. Re-enable fixed focus.
(2020-08-26, 17:28)ronnel Wrote: How can I modify or which xml of the fanart background in the latest update? I like the old one better because the new one has smaller size and the border lines are too much visible compared to the previous update. The vignette doesnt cover much the part of it.

This is the only e which bothered me, the rest of the changes were already good.

Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I can get you the previous Spotlight corner info later unless Achilles comes back to you sooner.

I changed the diffuse overlay because it was also obscuring too much of the fanart but it definitely needs some work to hide the borders a little better. I’ll look at that tomorrow.
(2020-08-26, 20:21)AchillesPunks Wrote:

Do you have fixed focus moving frame on?

Yes I had and thx @HugoL it worked out for me Smile
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote:

This is the only e which bothered me, the rest of the changes were already good.

Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I can get you the previous Spotlight corner info later unless Achilles comes back to you sooner.

I changed the diffuse overlay because it was also obscuring too much of the fanart but it definitely needs some work to hide the borders a little better. I’ll look at that tomorrow.
I really like the diffuse and overlay now. I tried to fix the little bottom line with photoshop but I am terrible at it. My first time using photoshop was to and it shows. Lol. Take your time Hugo not in a rush.
Titan Bingie Mod
I have the skin running on Kodi Matrix now, but most of the add-ons don't work. It does look nice with HDR though.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-08-26, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:

I really like the diffuse and overlay now. I tried to fix the little bottom line with photoshop but I am terrible at it. My first time using photoshop was to and it shows. Lol. Take your time Hugo not in a rush.

I winged it in paint 3D with a combination of stretching the diffuse image and cropping the canvas.

It’s a relatively easy fix but like you, I really don’t mind it as is. It’s finding that balance of obscuring the edges while improving the transparency close to the edges.

Does the GitHub have the first spotlight diffuse I sent by mistake or the second one?
(2020-08-27, 00:37)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote: Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I winged it in paint 3D with a combination of stretching the diffuse image and cropping the canvas.

It’s a relatively easy fix but like you, I really don’t mind it as is. It’s finding that balance of obscuring the edges while improving the transparency close to the edges.

Does the GitHub have the first spotlight diffuse I sent by mistake or the second one?
I think I still have it on my computer
Titan Bingie Mod

Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.
(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote:

Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

Paste this in Includesbingie.xml replacing the whole bingiespotlightcorner section from around 1731 to 1752 (or similar).

Quote:<!-- Spotlight Image Main Home -->
    <include name="BingieSpotlightCornerImage">
        <param name="top" default="0"/>
        <param name="right" default="-320"/>
        <param name="width" default="1920"/>
        <param name="height" default="1080"/>
        <definition>
            <control type="image">
                <nested />
                <visible>$PARAM[visibility]</visible>
                <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
                <right>$PARAM[right]</right>
                <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
                <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
                <texture background="true" diffuse="bingie/bingie_default_spotlight_diffuse.png">$PARAM[image]</texture>
                <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="true" aligny="top" align="right">scale</aspectratio>
                <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1200">Visible</animation>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

Here's a classic example of it not working well vs the update:

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage
(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote: Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

Here's a classic example of it not working well vs the update:

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage

I have been a long time Bingie user and was disheartened when Cartman moved on to better things. I have been paying attention to this thread and just kind of waiting until most of the bugs have been worked out before switching over. The overlay and and zoomed in spotlight image size was the one thing Cartman changed that I didn't agree with. You guys are awesome for taking the reins on an already awesome skin and making it better will be testing it soon.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0